News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

MOD Request - Groves, Gardens, and Monuments

Started by solarscreen, August 31, 2014, 10:05:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

solarscreen

I would like to see more happiness objects to put in our villages. Wells provide some place to idle but we need more.

Gardens, groves, and monuments all provide ways to beautify your village and provide places for people to idle. Hanging out at the cemetery is kind of creepy and sad. I understand a visit but they seem to wander and play there too.

How about it?  :)

Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics

irrelevant

Could use something that has the functionality and footprint of a well, but that is more decorative in nature, a fountain, such as is found in plazas in cities throughout the world.

It would be nice to have a choice of graphics, as is done with houses; when placing a well/fountain, cycle through the choices with a hotkey.

Bobbi

I want decorative items, too! Statues, gardens, trees that won't die to decorate boulevards. Flowers.

graphite

Static items will be in Blackwood mods, If you have any suggestions ... post up some pic's ;)

Alycya

I'd really love a decorative fountain to go in my town squares, I use wells at the moment but that's not quite enough. Something like this:

I like the flowers in the log planters in this pic too :)

Or this:

And no English village is complete without a duck pond (this one is near where I grew up and is often used by TV companies filming period dramas and Agatha Christie mysteries):

graphite

yes, yes, and yes :D

keep the images coming. Also think about what you would like to add to homes, flower beds, a personal vegie garden perhaps, trees etc.

Alycya

I like the idea of flower beds outside houses, or maybe hanging baskets:

Or hanging baskets on lamp posts:

Or flower sculptures:

Or just some pretty flower beds:

You could even add a profession of gardener to maintain communal flower arrangements, which would add an extra bit of interest later in the game  :)

rkelly17

I would love to see stone houses especially include flower beds, front walks, etc. Problem is, then they might transgress the normal house footprint size. I usually build with a one-space buffer around houses, so 1-square objects could be plopped around a normal-size house if they were available.

I would also like to see park and plaza objects like flower beds, fountains, etc. so that we can do more with beautification. Also both vertical and horizontal rows of trees for making one-space boulevard/avenue dividers.

Maybe trees and/or flowers in pots?

graphite

My thinking on this has been;

A.   Extend house plots to 6x6m or 5x5m, leaving a 1-2m buffer for beautification assets by the player. {house will still be 4x4m}
B.   Leave it as is, and let the player decide how much of a buffer to give buildings, based on what beautification assets the player wants to use around the building.
C.   Themed houses, which would be a one plop affair with beautifications attached.
D.   A combination of both. i.e. here is a pic of a themed Blackwood house{herbalist}, this could now be combined with beatification assets {placed by player} trees will cast shadows onto the building selling the whole effect and keeping the polygon count down {this house uses 34 polygons in total}
E.    There will also be a complete new path asset set, which will include avenues for players to decorate with trees, flowerbeds and fountains. Decorated marble paths for the high value areas around the towns center. etc.

Cheers All.

RedKetchup

this house is sooooooo lovely :) i wish to have your talent !
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

rkelly17

Yesssss!!!! I love that house! My recommendation is to leave the house size where it is at (and maybe introduce a "mansion" in a larger size) and let players add beautification between houses. It would be nice to have a variety of object sizes for use between houses and in parks and plazas.

graphite

All Blackwood houses will be upgradable, to two story, maybe three for some special ones.

solarscreen

Quote from: graphite on September 03, 2014, 08:49:08 AM
All Blackwood houses will be upgradable, to two story, may three for some special ones.

Oooh, I love this!  Multi-generational houses would be nice that continue to birth new citizens and double or triple the population possible in limited spaces.

Banished is about to explode!  By reducing the number of objects in the game, we should be able to play with higher numbers without bogging down.
Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics

PhillipAlexander

Wow...love the idea of upgrading the houses! That way we can create a bit of a central city with a higher concentration of citizens. I can see that some of these mods are going to give the game an amazing feel and look. Thanks everyone!