News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

A tale of 5 Villages

Started by Jewelz, February 20, 2020, 03:42:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jewelz

Primary settlement will be Discrepancy architecture. We shall call it Deeyes Shire.

It can have support buildings outside of DS as long as they don't obviously clash. I am going to try to limit any non-DS structures to food producing ones only. First off, switching barns from RK to DS.

I love this map seed. It was suggested on this forum, and I concur, it's excellent.

Jewelz

I had to go back and get DS Tunnel mine. I forgot I pretty much only use the flat ground mines, but since DSshire has to be all DS....

brads3

did you load the DS indyustry mod? has about everything in 1 mod except maybe more houses.

Jewelz

I did not. I thought it was just a new industry chain!

I would like to try those new brick townhouses with the backyard addons, so I downloaded townhouses V3 and the patch that goes with it. DS houses are my favoritest.

brads3

primarily it is. there are train parts and factories added in along with a large trading post.it has mines.tailor,candle shop,blacksmiths,etc.

Nilla

I´m looking forward to seeing your town! Since I´m not that "design person" myself, I very much like to look at how others with more talent and patience build their towns.

I  think our friend @brads3 has forgotten one thing when he recommends DS Industrial Mining; this is a gameplay changing mod that makes the game harder. It´s difficult to get people happy, that means they idle a lot and produce considerably less than normal and it´s quite impossible to reach full health which means, you get more diseases and childbirth deaths. I like it very much but I doubt, I would use it in a game where my main goal was to build something beautiful. But maybe Brad knows some trick to take these effects away.

brads3

no i did not forget. i do know how to fix it too. ::)

Jewelz

This is being a challenge because I don't think any of DS's food producers do so on the scale that some of the other mods do. For example, Jinxie's chicken coop way out-produces the dock chicken coop, but since there IS a DS coop I can use, I am sticking with it.

Toying with the idea of sticking a Kid Farmyard in there, though. It doesn't look out of place at all, and it would really help.

Jewelz

Ok, I think adding in DS mines and oil mills honked something up. The screen keeps hanging for 2-3 minutes before it shakes loose and begins again. Cannot CTRL+ALT out of it either.

Going to start over and check my load order.

Jewelz

I wanted to post an update. I am STILL working on Discrepancy village! I gave up on the idea of only using DS food producers because they cannot keep pace, but, all buildings are DS.

There are SO MANY BUILDINGS!  :D I'm trying to group the same types together so there's particular style neighborhoods within the larger city.

Anyway, the last area to build out is stone bridge, then I'll have screenshots.

Nilla

Looking forward to your pictures.

Artfactial

Yes, sounds great!:)
Love DS's stuff too, such wonderful detail and realism.

Jewelz

I have two more DS "styles" to create, but here's the first few neighborhoods.

1. Jetties. Still under construction. I want to transition from Jetties to the Stone bridge mods, but have not quite found a layout that looks organic, and not like "I had to build some of these, so here."
2. Stone townhouses and a bar in the theatre district.
3. Thompson trade dock and recreation area, featuring two restaurants and tavern. Near the theatre for you ultimate night out.
4 & 5. Theatre district, North side (4), featuring angled housing, the Village Inns, and (5.) some High-end houses for Bannies who enjoy living where the action is.
6. A more rural are, featuring Stove hovels, straight and angled. (Kid's little orchards work perfectly with the circular layout!)
7. Fullbert Wright district/mining district/suburban farming.
8. I probably should have made this my first picture, but here is the City Center featuring the outdoor markets, another tavern, the hospital, a community garden and the schools.

In progress: More townhouses (brick, etc.) and Stone bridge area.