News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Tiny village on tiny map (mega mod) - Part 1

Started by vavact, April 12, 2020, 05:33:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vavact

Only four families survived the expedition. People are starting to believe that an angel saved us from the storm. I find it absurd, but I guess it's harmless. Though we never reached our destination, we did find a nice little valley near the river.

Lost, tired and hungry, we look to this wild new place for a chance at survival. Supllies are running low, though. And winter is coming. It will take real grit and hard work.
The lush forest in the southeast looks like it might hold precious resources. So materials are gathered and a basic bridge is quickly built.

The plan is to build a few temporary houses for shelter, gather firewood and food. And try to survive long enough to build a sturdy ship to attempt to return home.
The first winter was harsh, but thankfully everyone survived and the forest proved to be abunded in food and basic building materials. Berries and mushrooms are being gathered, along with wild seeds and onions. Deers and wild ducks provide ample hunting oportunities and the river is rich in fish. Also, the local trees provide quality lumber for building warm houses. It seems living off the land, even long term, is definitely possible. I see parents breathe a sigh of relief seeing their children playing happily.
Since everyong is being fed and kept warm, we resume our plan to rejoin civilisation. A dock has been buit. But before a scouting party could be sent along the river, a strange ship arrived requesting permission to dock in our makeshift harbour. These good-natured stangers are from a local village and are looking to trade.
And so we learn about our surrounding region as our new friends introduce us to other communities in the area. Although they find us as odd and peculiar as we find them, they quickly accept us in their trading network. Seeing that our timber, hides and venison are in high demad, we decide to expand our production. In return, we recieve a diverse assortment of local foods to balance our diet and warm clothes for the winter. Better buiding materials and higher quality tools are also purchased, which enable us to produce even more goods. What was once a simple operation of gathering and producing to satisfy our basic needs is now becoming an industry for export.
Our temporary settlement is fastly becoming a thriving little town, with a school, a church, a busy market, a children's playground and a small park with a statue of the angel that saved our lives. Talks about our distant home have begun to quiet down.

Our children have grown and started to join the much needed workforce. New houses are being built and the noise from the construction sites mingle with the sweet sound of our grandchildren's laughter.
We now look to the larger and untouched land across the river. Our beloved forest has given us much and we don't want it destroyed by our expansion. To grow our industries and to produce more food we need to tame this new land. We already established a temporary base to clear an area and map the surroundings.

The soil looks ripe for faming. We have been patiently purchasing building materials and seeds for crops and we're excited to begin building new districts for our city.
When did we start to refer to this place as our home? I don't know. It happened naturally. Maybe we don't need to return to civilisation. We can build it.

Nilla

Nice to see a new blogger! Looking forward to seeing how this goes on. I´m a fan of small maps.

brads3

Jewelz