Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Welcome New Members!

Started by Admin, July 08, 2014, 03:11:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ladonia

*obligatoric posting commences*

uhm.. Hi!

Coming back to this game after building a pc that doesn't suffocate as soon as the cursor hovers over the launch game button. Ingame mod page is very limiting to look up new ways to play, so here I am <<;

CathyM

Hi, neldo!
I also got into habits quickly in the game, and the mods helped to push me out of that by giving me so many other choices! Yes, making good-looking towns is a challenge (at least for my impulsive nature)... but I'm inspired by the galleries where folks do really impressive towns!

Xiph

Hello hello, I am here for the mods :)

bagi576

Greeting from Mongolia 🇲🇳

moonbelf

txniteowl

Hi! Just re-registering...I guess I got caught in cleanup. I go through phases of Banished and I'm back in an on phase right now.

suffolkpete

Discovered Banished a few weeks ago after playing several city build games. Just discovered World of Banished and mods and will dip my toe into these expansions soon and see how I get on with them.
Thank you to all of people who have put hours into making my games life entertaining

brads3

newcomers should check out the mod manager it is so useful for loading mods and experimenting with orders.will save you many hours.

moonbelf

Welcome and I know you'll enjoy the cariety of mods to be found here :)

MarkAnthony

Just joined tonight, hello everyone.  :)

I just started Banished two days ago via Steam. I realize Banished has been out for quite a while now but life got in the way so I hadn't played any games in the last few years; but Banished seemed to be a great place to get my gaming on again!

I know I should play Banished (or any new game for that matter) in it's original "vanilla" version until I get comfortable and well acquainted with it and I still plan too but I've always been a big fan of using mods to streamline things (mostly UI pieces etc). When I get more involved with using them I eventually dig into them and start customizing them to my own liking which then leads me to releasing my own amongst friends. I am also big on Excel spreadsheets for gaming, gotta love Excel right?!?!  :D

Anyhow, tonight I also tried signing up with the Black Liquid website so that I could download their Mega Mod 8 but even though I can see I was recently added as a member I am unable to log in because I am stuck on their email verification process; I'm not getting their emails to verify myself and have made several attempts to do so. So I posted on the Steam > Banished > Discussions page seeking a way to contact someone at the Black Liquid website. So while I am waiting to get that issue sorted out I came here because I heard World of Banished also had mods. I will for certain try some of them out after I play the vanilla game for a month or two to get the hang of it and to get familiar with mechanics and UI of the game so that I can notice more easily what is default look and behavior compared to whatever mod I try adding.

Anyways, Banished looks like a great game and I have a very open mind to it so I'm not going to let naysayers put me off of it.

Part of my process for any game I start playing is searching the web for all sorts of game resources such as Fan Sites, Official sites, Wikis etc. Besides World of Banished, Black Liquid, Shining Rock Software and a couple of wikis both named "Banished Wiki" are there any other great and useful and current sites you all can recommend to me? One site I have tried several times to get too because it was recommended a lot was BanishedInfo.com but they are having SSL issues so I cannot connect to their site.

So that's enough for my first "required" post here I think lol  ;D

Thanks in advance for any help you may offer.

Regards,

MarkAnthony
Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of
        who do the things no one can imagine.

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

sarchrmar

Hi everybody!

Just joined, looking forward to trying out some mods ;)

Nilla

Welcome fellow countryman. We are some Scandinavians hanging around on this webpage.

MarkAnthony

Thanks RedKetchup. I look forward to trying out your mods. :)

EDIT: By the way, is it just me or does the "Quote" button/icon to the far right of someone's post not work? I tried it a few times but couldn't get it to open a reply box with the quoted message automatically inserted at the top of a reply.

I do see a "Quote" icon in the reply's text editor where I can manually copy and paste something but normally clicking a Quote button next to a reply adds the user's name to it as well.  No biggie though, just thought I'd ask in case I need to enable something in the settings somewhere.
Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of
        who do the things no one can imagine.

kid1293

You have to start a reply to the message and then press the quote button from any old message.