News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Another brick on the wall

Started by Flakpanzer, February 25, 2020, 09:21:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flakpanzer

Hey everybody! I'm joining in the fun, I love this type of games and I just started playing Banished like 2 days ago, its lovely and all but it lacks interaction between the player and the game, other than keeping everyone alive. Any mod suggestions?

Nilla

What do you mean by "lacking interaction"?  It would be good to know a bit better what you are missing to be able to give some advice about which mods to recommend. As you might have seen; there are plenty of mods.

But basically, I would recommend new players first to play a bit without mods, to make some of the achievements. (You can´t unlock any achievements if you are using mods.) This way you get a feeling for the basic game and will know better later if a mod is "right" for you or not.

theonlywanderer

If you are looking for more interaction, you should do an Adam and Eve start.   There are also many other mods that create very hard starts and also some that change aging and I believe some others that lower production that can make the game much slower and more drawn out to where you have to micro manage and interact a lot more for extremely long periods.

Jewelz

I would also recommend looking at the challenges, and also at the images. I get a lot of inspiration from other people's settlements. For example, Abandon tests Kid's new mods, and her settlements will have the architectural look of whatever mod she's testing. This inspired me to build a huge map with different villages using only a certain mod's buildings to create architectural continuity.

I'm using any mods deco and food production, though.

theonlywanderer

@Flakpanzer

Oh...  and if you want a real super insane challenge...  try the "all achievements on one map" challenge.   I've managed to pull it off 3 times now.   It really is tough and requires a high level of commitment which is why I may never do another, but who knows.

Flakpanzer

@Nilla
I mean the villagers dont really have specific needs, other than clothes, hospital, church and food(one type is ok!) Have you played Anno 1800?
@theonlywanderer
That Adam and eve sounds good, thanks!
@Jewelz
Seems like kid has lots of mods, work is impressive.

Nilla

I haven´t played the latest versions of ANNO but the early versions and I think the basic principles are pretty much the same. So I guess, I can understand a bit better what you mean and I´m sad to say; no mod really increases the demand for advanced products. There are big mods like CC, MM and RKEd with a lot of different production sites and chains but in the end; the needs of the Bannis are the same. You can produce the fanciest coats but a Banni only see 3 aspects; no coat, fair coat, warm coat. And besides, the difference is not very big, especially if you're playing with a mild climate, the one without a coat gets home to get warm a bit more often in winter, what the one with the warm coat doesn´t need to but they will do very well also without coats.  No mod can change that. The same with food; you can manage with one sort of food but they will be very unhealthy and you get some trouble with more diseases, childbirth deaths and lower production but most Bannis will survive. But to make them fully healthy you only need 4 different kinds of food; one simple food of each category grain, fruit, vegetable, protein and that´s enough.

To like this game you must accept that it´s no ANNO-light. Banished is basically a very simple game but at the same time, it gives you endless variations, especially with all these mods. But opposite to many other games, you need to set the goals yourself (at least after you´ve made all the achievements).

There are a few mods that let health and happiness have a greater impact on the gameplay; where the needs are a bit higher to get everyone fully happy and fully healthy. It´s DS Industrial Mining and the North. Maybe these mods are something for you @Flakpanzer. Especially if you find vanilla Banished too easy.

banishedsanni

QuoteTo like this game you must accept that it´s no ANNO-light. Banished is basically a very simple game but at the same time, it gives you endless variations, especially with all these mods. But opposite to many other games, you need to set the goals yourself (at least after you´ve made all the achievements).

So true what Nilla said.

You define the difficulty by setting your goal.
And, with all these mods out there, there are u sooo much ways to create your town (i can spend hours in the process of planning, creating, decorating a small residential area).
There is no enemy to defeat. U can only defeat yourself here.

galensgranny

You can add the single Norseman mod (by modder Tom Sawyer) to make the Bannies need several things for 5 star happiness in a plain game, not needing the full The North mod.  It is at http://www.banishedventures.com/mods/norseman/.  It makes the happiness matter more than in the plain original game.  The mod needs to be at the top of your mod list, before any other game changing mods, such as Red Ketchup's Editor's Choice.

The explanation about what the Bannies need for full happiness is at http://www.banishedventures.com/howto-happiness/ when using the Norseman mod.  In a game where you are not using The North mod, the explanation saying they can get health happiness in Tom's red cottages does not apply.  It is a bit challenging as all the Bannies have to be in the radius of buildings that supply the various types of happiness.  Some modders did not let the circle show.  Also, for health happiness, some modders took the health happiness effect out of their hospitals to stop the Bannies from hanging around in front of hospitals, risking catching illnesses.  But, Tom Sawyer made a sauna that gives health happiness only, and does not need at worker.  The sauna is at http://www.banishedventures.com/mods/#buildings.

Flakpanzer

@Nilla
Yea I thought much... I have installed the RKEd full edition mod and it has definitely spiced up things, yet once my population has reached 150 I wish i could get raid or attacked. Natural disaster do some damage for sure but I hate it when it sucks in my cattle! Why my poor cows!?
@banishedsanni
I guess I have to use my imagination and pump up my creativity I think I just rush too much and dont plan ahead of myself.
@galensgranny
Thanks for the suggestions! Will give them a try