News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

ADAM&EVE MEDIUM START

Started by brads3, October 22, 2017, 09:01:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

Can an A&E start be set to use medium conditions? The NAT DIV and PINE mods only function completely with a medium start. as such,no A&E start works with them yet.can the game be tricked or forced to load the medium setups so these other mods will load fully? this way you could have access to the thatch and the gathering abilities of the pine mod as well.if it can work,i am sure other players have different start settings they would like also. a duo A&E has come up in discussions frequently ,2 couples with or without kids.a shipwreck start would also be a nice addon.there are several good ideas to change starts but they are limited since they don't allow other map start mods to function with them.

adelegarland

Is that true? Pine Mod and Nat Div only work properly in medium start conditions?   I always play Hard conditions......   Maybe that's whats screwy with the Pine sets...   Hmmmmm      Thanks @brads3
I am not a crazy cat lady...  I'm THE Crazy Cat Lady.

brads3

do you see beavers or other pelts anywhere? the forests work if you plant them but the start doesn't load the trees and items. same thing with the NAT DIV. you can plant it and harvest but you won't see any on the map at start to gather.i wished the pine mod could plant apples all over the map but not be overpowering. to me it makes sence since the homesteads were planned with an apple or pear in the yards.

adelegarland

do you have a screenshot of the pelts and beavers?   Not sure if I see them or not.   Going to try this out with a medium start and see what I get!
I am not a crazy cat lady...  I'm THE Crazy Cat Lady.

brads3

brads3

i should have said that some of the pine items are delayed at start. they will appear within a few years but only with a medium start.

Limy

I want the Adam and eve mod even harder.
Once you know how to make sure your people survive which is really easy if you feed them and keep them warm the first couple years it speeds up too much too many babies easy resource gathering etc,

Even with disasters on very little happens - I was hoping for floods and earthquakes - events that would be true disasters.
However, a fun thing did happen during one of my adam and eve runs - EVE was a victim of murder right after her second child. Only two suspects her 12 year old son and her husband. The baby was only 1. dumde dumdum.

Interestingly the Hubby just disappeared after another couple of years. So i was left with just the two kids to continue - which worked out well because mom and dad had already got the homestead going.

I would like more murders, bear attacks and devastating events too make it a much slower start. It gets so boring after  you have acquired tons of food, clothing, tools etc and now you have to keep growing until the land has no more room -by which time my computer crawls to get anywhere. If play on I end up with 50 workers and a hundred labourers with nothing to do,
I would like to have an earthquake that wipes out 3 quarters of the buildings and population and gives a real challenge to continue.

galensgranny

A murder!  Oh my!

So you want your poor bannies to suffer more.  :(   I guess you have to pretend and wipe things out yourself, like destroy a storage barn and pretend it had caught on fire, etc.  Unless someone is able to and wants to make some kind of mod that ups the disasters.

RedKetchup

we cannot do anything like this
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

twilightbreeze

I know on some other sites there are extreme hardship starters, not sure if they are same as Adam and Eve or not, but you can check them out.

https://banishedinfo.com/mods/browse
Got my first computer 1984 when it was all dos. Been playing computer games and internet surfing since. SOOO much has changed!! lol.