News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Need Help with CC & Mods

Started by Abandoned, July 13, 2017, 05:01:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abandoned

Last March I tried CC Journey without too much success.  Prior to this I only played CC  Iron Curtain with no problem, probably with no added mods, on this same laptop. 

The CC Journey I used was version 1.71, the last one for Banished 1.0.6.  I am hoping someone can spot a mod or mods that may have caused my problems with 1 crash and multiple game freeze ups.  I thought maybe some mods were included in this version and not needed and caused the problem.

The first attempt that crashed was ccLake Waters, small, ccMarine, disasters Off , cc medium start.

Mods:  Brown Horse Livestock,  cc Compatible Bldg,  Domesticated Animal Fix,  Firebundle Firewood, Inedible Coffee Beans,  Inedible Tulips,  Statue Plus,  Trader Accept All,  Tool Shed,  Pirate Cove, Soup Kitchen,  Stable,  Tropical Greenhouse,  Mini Bldg,  DS Tunnel Mine CC,  Fishing Dock 25%.

Other attempts:  Verdant Plains, All things Wild -froze up , Flat plains missionary start -froze up

I tried several other terrains & start conditions that had different types of trees and they froze up.
I took out some mods and tried All things Wild again - froze up

My only successful map was a Flat Plains, Small, very mild, CC medium start with Mods:
Domesticated Animal Fix, Iron is Iron, Town Arrival Nomads, & Build Monument.

I updated my game to 107 and downloaded latest CC version.  I made a separate game install for CC and am hoping someone can tell me which of the above listed mods should not be used.   Advice on recommended mods to add also welcome, thank you.

embx61

I cannot be of much help as I not played CC.

brads3 is a avid CC user so he will probably more of help.

Be aware though that CC in itself is a huge Mod (1.4 Gigabyte I believe) and will in itself bring certain not up to par systems to a crawl.

Loading more mods on top of that only going to make it worse.

I will load Journey some later just to see how much triangles CC is :)

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

brads3

you want me to think with all this humidity??i'll try. are you sure the version you had was before the 107 switch?if you loaded that the end of march it is possable that you had the newer version. the compat bldg mod goes below CC. all other cc fixes can go above. if it is a CC addon it should say in the write up to load below such as the tropical green house. i have not tried the inedible mods.what is the brown horse mod? i ask thios cause there has been issues with trying to get different animals to the correct pastures.i would recommend the new compatibility 107 mod ABOVE CC and RK's trade fix.as to the tool shed mod,did you load the blackmith mod? it might require it . the bs mod allows you to make stone tools as well as several other types.i would try it without the wild things start. that will give a ton of animals on the map and may slow you down more. EB is right in that it may slow your bannies down. you should be able to double your speed setting and run it. i have 6gb ram and at 10x. ot plays well but realistically it is probably at half speed.

Abandoned

@embx61 and @brads3 thank you for info.   I should have mentioned, I no trouble whatsoever with slowdown or lag trying CC, not even when it was raining.  That's why surprised with NatDiv problem, CC is a huge mod.  It would just freeze, I had to Cnt Alt Del or restart computer.

Brad, yes it was version 1.71 for 106, I had it downloaded for a while but did not get to try it.  I have some notes on load order.  I thought maybe those inedible mods might be the problem if they were included in that version.  The tool shed made rough tools to use while waiting for iron ore processing.  I do now have blacksmith mod downloaded but it is not required for tool shed, I also have compatibility and RK Trade Fix, thanks for reminding me of that one.  I think the brown horse mod must be included now because it is no longer on the BL site.  Is the stable in the latest version? 

I thought I would try testing again with only necessary mods and see what happens.

embx61

Well

I loaded CC Journey 1.74

Zoomed all the way out at start area and the following is what Debug says.

Batches: 481
Objects: 2894
Triangles: 1420085
Vertices: 1518997
FPS: 60

CC not spawn stuff does it?
If so that explains the poly's are not that high as Nat Div.

Abandoned

Well that is interesting, poly's not as high as NatDiv thanks for info @embx61

brads3

no stable is not included. that is the extra trade animal mod i believe.it gets confusing which animals you trade for and which pasture you need.have heard also that ppl have trouble trying to get animals to move away from the trading post. like they get stuck there.
  EB,CC doesn't really spawn anything but it does add plant clumps to the map. they do not regrow or multiply.i should say there is exceptions. if you do not have the domestic animal fix than it will spawn those.but they appear as crates when you clear land.they don't walk around like animals. the "wild things" start would also add animals all over the map cows,chickens,pigs,lamas,etc.i can run Cc with 100+ mods and it is slower than vanila but not as slow combined as nat div by itself.
   i don't mind using the original version.i give up the chain buildings,stones. and the fish. the blueberries are different with the upgrade but i have heard they over take the map in like 20 +years.but for the speed difference the original works quite well.i think those pesky produce addition is partly to blame for the lag times.in testing various mod orders i saw it slow down the higher in my mod order i placed it. there is a huge difference with the forever tree and forget orchard mods.those show no conflicts with the original version.the only problem will be as this is upgraded and more mods are made using it.

Abandoned

@brads3 yes, stable adds domesticated animals.   I was surprised on Meadowbrook map when the trader came to port and he had trade horses and buffalo meat, and feathers and other cc meat and trade animals could be ordered.  I used that Busy Pasture mod for the first time, I figured I'd need extra help producing food since I'd have to use workers for NatDiv  reaping and thatching.  I also got bonemeal.  Can I use the 1:1 aging mod with cc?

brads3

yes.i use kids propertime mod. that is a 1:1

embx61

Quote from: Abandoned on July 13, 2017, 08:08:55 PM
Well that is interesting, poly's not as high as NatDiv thanks for info @embx61

Beware though as this was at start of the map so nothing was build yet :)

If players put many farms with all kind of crops CC has on the map poly's will go up a lot :)

That is the difference between CC and NatDiv and therefor I asked if CC spawn stuff just as Nat Div does.
It does not really and that is why the polycount at start is smaller then Nat Div but will certainly grow as more buildings/farms/orchards are build.

Same can be said for Nat Div ofcourse but if players build buildings less space is available for stuff to spawn so it is even possible that NatDiv will shrink in poly while CC will grow :)

Abandoned

@brads3 thank you, I guess I have some work to do on my cc windata folder, I will probably have more questions.

@embx61 on my 1 successful cc map I got pretty much built on a small map with no problem so I hope that will be the case with new testing.  That was what was confusing and conflicting with NatDiv, at times it did exact opposite of what one would expect but the cause of my problem had to be New Flora.  When I disabled it and started map over with everything else the same, it ran fine.  So it gives me hope I will pinpoint my cc problem also.  :)

embx61

The other thing is that CC probably make use of a whole crap load of textures while the textures NatDiv are using is way less as NatDiv is a small mod with it's 128 Megabyte against CC's 1.5 Gigabyte.

Polycount is not the only thing. Having the engine to load hundreds of textures is a draw call for each and every one of them and the memory usage goes up.

I have seen 8 materials, so 8 textures, used on 1 building in The Pilgrims Mod.
This is fine as long as those textures are reused at least 8 times in other buildings as well. If not a single combined texture is the better approach.

Luke does it this way as well.
That is also the system I use. just 1 or 2 textures for a building as I combine several textures I want to use into 1.
The whole small Village set only make use of 3 textures total and 1 small footprint texture.
Then of course all the AO maps but these are rather small 512x512 and 256x256

RedKetchup uses quite a few separate textures as well but he re uses them with the same name in some of his other mods so that is fine as they are only loaded once in the game even if 7 different mods make use of them.

Abandoned

Whatever CC did they did pretty good, I arranged and enabled only a few mods and chose simple map options and started a test map, it ran fine with no lag whatsoever and no freeze up, not yet at least, and did not overheat my laptop.  All those icons, yikes, I forget just how many there were. The stable is included in this latest cc version.  At least I didn't feel like I was in a totally alien Banished, I enable Kid's Alotofseeds trader to see if it would work and there was the community icon and my favorite trader came to port. I will only enable a few mods, and see what happens, then test some other map setting.  So far, so good.

Thank you for help

brads3

glad to see you have it working. by stable you mean the guy that finds the animals or the dairies?soo many options.

Abandoned

@brads3 the stable is the one you use oats to get domesticate animal to use in the animal pens.  But I see it is in CC so the separate mod is not needed now.  I wonder if it was in the last CC version and the separate stable mod caused the freeze ups.  I did not have it enabled for my last 106 test that worked and not for this one.  Oh my gosh yes, so many options.

So now I have a new problem.  The CC is a separate install , a copy of main updated install, so it had all the mods.  I deleted most of them and the keepers I arranged the load order etc.  Test so far, so good.  This morning I go to the main install and the mods are almost all out of order now - hits head against wall.  At least they are all still there.  So I don't know how long I spent this morning rearranging again before I realized I still had the North install to delete mods and rearrange, and this will probably happen all over again. Good thing I rewrote my notebook on notes and load order.  :)