News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

New to Banished - all people stop moving?

Started by jah1138, July 13, 2017, 07:00:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jah1138

Hi all,

I'm having a problem with Banished that is puzzling me.

I've searched for this issue and I can find almost no references to similar experiences. I don't know if this is a play condition, but if it is it seems like I would find a lot more evidence of people stumbling into the same situation. So, if this is a known issue covered elsewhere, thanks in advance for pointing me to it!

I was in my first game of Banished, in late Spring of year 3, and all my people suddenly stopped moving in the middle of whatever they were doing. People aren't hungry or cold or anything like that. They're happy, healthy, and have food. There are lots of resources available, but I'm getting a bit low on logs. I can't see any signs that this is caused by a shortage of anything, although again, I'm new to this.

Everything else in the game seems to function. I can click on people and buildings and stuff and get the data. The soothing music continues to play, and so on. Everything seems cool... except the people have stopped. I even set them all to Laborer to see if their jobs were requiring things they didn't have. The game says they're all laborers now, but the people still don't move.

Next, I loaded the save point from a couple of hours earlier in the same game, winter of Year 1. I was hoping it would just be something flukey from that particular moment, perhaps non-repeatable. Yeah, I lost 2+ years, but at least the people were still moving! (I'll save more often!) However, after playing for about five minutes -- all the people stopped! This is the same game that I had played until the Year 3 stoppage, so it seems even less likely now that it was an in-game play condition, and perhaps something about my system that's making the game unhappy.

Does anyone have any ideas? I can attach the save point if anyone wants to load the game and see what's up in my little town.

Thanks much!

Alex

embx61

You not accidently pushed the space bar as this pauses the game.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

RedKetchup

do you play with mods ? can we have a copy of your save so we can see it with our own eyes ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

jah1138

Holy hell.

embx61 got it. Space bar started the poor folks about their business again.

Really???   ::)

There's no mention of pause anywhere on the screen -- and it saves the paused state even when you quit and reload or restart the game. Is it just me, or is that a bit odd?

Thank you! (Sigh.)

Alex

embx61

ROFLMAO!!!

I knew it because it happened to my beloved wife as well :)

She was all shaken up and so I took a look at the freeze up and pressed the space bar and that was it :)

It is a sort of semi pause. All animations stops, water is not moving, no smoke animations but we can still click on everything.

The thing is that I knew it because you could still click on stuff. If the game freezes because of memory problems or whatever you can't do anything anymore and have to use CTRL+ALT+DELETE to kill the game.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

Oenanthe

I think an awful lot of us have been there.  For me, I had realised that the game could be paused by going into the clock icon and clicking the pause icon.  Then the cat was wondering up and down in front of and over the keyboard and suddenly, no movement.  it took me a while to realise that a back paw occasionally placed on the space bar was the culprit, not so much a pause problem as a paws problem for me.