News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

No Coal Mods interfere with Town Hall reports?

Started by Maldrick, July 14, 2017, 04:32:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

there are several CC barns and cellars but i don't think it is a completed set.i also do not think all brans were upgraded. that is why it is somewhat a guessing game.EB we do like your markets but they don't fit everywhere and as you said then we need more vendors. sometimes like in the forests a barn is all that is needed.
    i like my emporium between several forests cause it has such a huge capacity and stores almost everything. it is however a 1.06 mod.the CC small markets are too balancing. it seems they want to store some of many items but the 1 or 2 items i need in an area they don't stock enough.mainly cause they are trying to keep the "balance".i have actually heard of cases where the bannies completely emptied barns or markets to find a balance once a new item became available.
  i did like DS's town market that was split. a food and general and a industrial,a 2 piece set.they were smaller and easier to build than the central markets. fit quite well in most towns.when i upgraded to 1.07 i didn't carry it over though.trying to cut down on mods,i opted to drop the other dock sets since CC has 1 included.like many mods,there is always 1 or 2 pieces you give up that way.i still like his water tank in the new version.
  i am glad to see work being done on PILGRIM's colonial set again. he had really super ideas where to take it.

embx61

The New England set is ready. I send The Pilgrim the links to the PKM and the sources so he can check for any typo's and other errors.

If all okayed we can upload a version.

As it is not my mod I will use The Pilgrims name as the Moddder but will keep working with him on updates and stuff :)
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

Maldrick

Always loved that set and am excited to see what you guys do with it.

By the way, after all that, decided to pull the stopburncoal mod. :D
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

QueryEverything

@Maldrick I stopped using that mod as well - not for any bugged reason, but because I was able to generate enough coal to not worry about it just using the the Tiny Compilaton by @kid1293
I just put a couple of the small mines down, then use small markets that distribute coal (from other mods, like @embx61 ) to where I need coal (like a Blacksmithing area), and I find that with a high output of firewood, and doing it this way - I rarely run out of coal where I need it.  It does happen, and I hustle, but for the most part I'm fine, and it's one less mod I need.

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=149

Also, in one of the threads, there was a discussion a couple of weeks back about different houses now being designed with different heat requirements, if you are finding that houses really are using too much coal - ask in the mod thread if the modder can take a look at the code and taking out the coal flag, or at least adding a new fuel flag to it.
Perhaps then allowing Bartender's new thatch fuel chain etc.

There was a conversation over on BL as well about coal & charcoal, but I can't remember which thread it was, if I do - I will post it.  :D  Or you can do a search for 'charcoal' and 'coal'.  :)
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Maldrick

Heya @QueryEverything . :)

It's not really an issue with houses burning too much coal, as I'm not a fan of the unpredictable nature of it.  As I mentioned in an earlier post, I'm generally going for self sustaining towns in the end and having control of this, or a handle on what's being used for what I should say, is key for that.  Mining isn't really an option, either, unless you use an unlimited mod with vanilla mines, but that's boring. :p. And that's fine because it necessitates trade and am economic model.  The tiny mines are great, though, and I use them a lot while building.  The whole set is very handy, really, and is a standard for me along with market puzzle and forest outpost.  Those three mods together are a Swiss army knife of just about everything.

I decided to pull the mod because I realized my need to see consumption in the town hall is greater than keeping consumption low since I always wind up auto trading in the end and ports don't use limits.  Plus I try to use as little of that kind of thing as possible.  I just added it on a whim for an extra bit of control.  Not a big deal, I was mostly curious as to why it did that in the town hall.
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Abandoned

@Maldrick since you mention Kid's Tiny mod as a must have also, I was wondering what your opinion would be regarding the icon placements on the toolbar.  I have been using the individual tiny pieces because I liked them in the original vanilla tool bar positions, and even after updating to 107 I still have those in my mod list.  However, the tiny trade won't handle new flags and then I must use the 107 Tiny in the community tool bar.  I think I would prefer if those Tiny community icons would be divided into the categories of storage & markets, food, resources, etc. instead of grouped together as a theme.  What do you think?  I already have mentioned it to @kid1293 and was wondering what others would think.   

kid1293

Hi.
I guess the short answer is that every modder is free within his own toolbar.
Nothing more than the main button is common to all. So if some start to put a 'new'
vanilla toolbar in community toolbar it will get lost if other mods are loaded.

I have reserved space for all the usual buttons so I can divide Tiny within my
toolbar. Nothing much gained...

But I agree, it has been a lot more clicking now. And searching. There is no easy way.

embx61

two more clicks then Vanilla.

First the community Icon and then the Modders Main Icon.

After that it indeed depends what each modder have in mind with the toolbar.

I not have themed themes. So for example in the Small Village Set, what could easily be a themed set, all the buildings go under the buttons like Housing, Storage, Town Services under the EB toolbar button
It is the way I would prefer it if I was a player because it is the same as Vanilla does it.

But this is also a case of what different players rather see. 10 players, 10 opinions how they would like to have it done. :)

No right or wrong so it is up to the modder to make a decision what suites him/her best and that is why I decided to put the buildings on their own toolbars just like Vanilla does as it is the way I would like to see it if I was a player. I put Village in front of the building name in the tooltip in the hope the player knows it belongs to the Village Set.

Imagine no Community toolbar and with all the mods released the toolbar would have been a mess and some of them so long they would not even fit on the screen anymore and so the modder have to use sub toolbars as well to avoid that.

So you will get Vanilla Housing toolbar ==> EbHouses ==> Wooden House, Stone House and so on.
But if a modder have more sets of houses it would become ==> Vanilla Housing toolbar ==> EBHouses ==> Houses Set 1 ==> Wooden House, Stone House and so on.

RedKetchup

bah you have 1 click just to open the community icon.

and then 1 for the moddler , 1 for his general toolbar ^^ (food, house, road, industries, decorative... etc)

when i played a bit lately, i noticed that ^^

EDIT: as Embx said ^^ (posted in same time)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Abandoned

Why does nobody understand me.  Not in the vanilla tool bar, in the Kid community tool bar but under the kid market, or kid food, instead of under the tiny icon in the kid community.  Look at all the extra click typing this again  :( why bother?

RedKetchup

Quote from: RedKetchup on July 16, 2017, 11:34:17 AM
bah you have 1 click just to open the community icon.

and then 1 for the moddler , 1 for his general toolbar ^^ (food, house, road, industries, decorative... etc)

when i played a bit lately, i noticed that ^^

EDIT: as Embx said ^^ (posted in same time)

and if we wouldnt do that ? : open the vanilla house icon and there would be 239 icons. ^^

RedKetchup

Quote from: Abandoned on July 16, 2017, 11:37:04 AM
Why does nobody understand me.  Not in the vanilla tool bar, in the Kid community tool bar but under the kid market, or kid food, instead of under the tiny icon in the kid community.  Look at all the extra click typing this again  :( why bother?

personally i prefer to have all my houses in RKhousing than to have a mess while open the RK icon with tons of houses, industries, decorations, roads, ....
even if it is 1-2 extra click.

embx61

I understood you and that is why I said it is up to each modder how to do it.

10 players, 10 opinions. I agree how you want it and that is how I do it, but ask 10 other players and 7 out of those ten will rather have them all as a themed set under their own button.

RedKetchup

any ways lately, we ( I ) barely have comments/thanks when i release something.
i made a mod 5 modles X 8 textures (=40) and i ve got 14 Download in 1.0.6 and 54 in 1.0.7 and i ve got 1 comments : @Savidan . thats all.
so i prefer to have my things as i am happy with since not alot cares :P

kid1293

@Abandoned - I understood too. I explained bad.
Whatever I do it is several clicks away, so why bother?

I will look at Tiny next week. But most of my mods are themed (with textures, function...)