News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Ale Wenchs refuse to move luxuries

Started by Fransis1989, July 17, 2017, 11:07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fransis1989

Hi,

I've got small problem. Ale Wench refuse to move items. I have some taverns, tons of luxuries, but taverns are empty most of time. There is some beer or ale or mead in Tavern only if some villager store it there (by accident?). I tried also put luxuries stall next to tavern. Stall is full, tavern is empty.

Pic rel: http://i.imgur.com/zd6hnuS.jpg

Mods used: http://i.imgur.com/BYryUsR.png

Sorry for bad english;)

Thanks for help!

Greetings

brads3

add the compatibility 1.07 mod from CC and then see if it works.

Fransis1989

Dont work:( I even tried build more and more taverns, still all are empty.

[edit]
Also tried move CC above NMT and others, no crash, but still all Ale Wenchs works just as laborers. Meh;P

RedKetchup

why do you want to move the ale to taverns ?
the job of this little medieval ale stand is pickup ale from taverns and trading post and keep it and offer it to people to gain hapiness :P
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

ancientmuse

You know what would be real nice ?

If the market vendors picked up and sold ale like they do everything else.

It never made any sense to me why the ale, mead, and any other alcohol doesn't get picked up by the market vendor and sold there.... they pick up and sell everything else at the market for bannies, so why not the booze too ??

With the way it works originally, you have to have a brewer working at all times at the brewery (or tavern or whatever), otherwise bannies can't get alcohol.  It's just silly the way it works. 

It wastes manpower labour when you have to have someone at the brewery all the time even if your alcohol is maxed out and they stand around with nothing to do, a waste of labour unnecessarily when you could put that bannie to work at something else.

Makes no sense to me.

embx61

I think because the tavern has the happiness "Entertainment" code.

Markets have the happiness "goods" code.

Not sure if two can be attached to one building.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

ancientmuse

Quote from: embx61 on July 17, 2017, 04:32:18 PM
I think because the tavern has the happiness "Entertainment" code.

Markets have the happiness "goods" code.

Not sure if two can be attached to one building.

Ah yes, I forgot about the "building happiness" thing (brewery, church, hospital, etc).

Bah, the bannies should just be happy to be able to buy alcohol no matter where they buy it from.  Pfft.

Fussy bannies.  Pfft.

:P

embx61

Yeah I hear you

When my wife played she just let some alcohol in the Tavern for the bannies to take but also shifted a lot to the trader to trade it away.

She have seen bannies drink so much it surprised her they did not die from alcohol poisoning right on the spot :)

My wife had about 80 alcohol in a Tavern and some idle bannies came by and within a few seconds it was all gone  ::)

Not sure how Luke coded it but I guess they can take more then one at once.

RedKetchup

btw these ale stands i made allow bannies to take the alcohol and drink it ; exactly same as the taverns. it has the same radius : Hapiness, the only thing it doesnt have recipes and a ConsumeProduce recipes menu to make those. but it acts exactly same thing.

nobody can take ale and go store it in a tavern. only 1 bannie can, the brewer who works at the tavern. nodoby else can. but he will only take the ale he made himself that appeared on the ground and will put it inside its tavern.
he wont go to another tavern or go to a stand and steal some ale from them and go put it inside his tavern LOL

i agree we often got some discussions about the obscur " hapiness and alcohol " and they can drink 500 ale in few sec and nobody got a star :S
the best would have been is coded hapiness exactly like health and allow bannies every X month to take an "ale" and go to a tavern to get a "+1/2 star" instantly.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: RedKetchup on July 18, 2017, 02:09:37 AM
... the best would have been is coded hapiness exactly like health and allow bannies every X month to take an "ale" and go to a tavern to get a "+1/2 star" instantly.

Yes, that's it! A half happiness star for consuming alcohol visiting a tavern with the same mechanic like herbs for health. Maybe combined with some reworking of the happiness system in general. We should stick this point as a suggestion for 1.0.8 beta.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on July 18, 2017, 02:30:39 AM
Quote from: RedKetchup on July 18, 2017, 02:09:37 AM
... the best would have been is coded hapiness exactly like health and allow bannies every X month to take an "ale" and go to a tavern to get a "+1/2 star" instantly.

Yes, that's it! A half happiness star for consuming alcohol visiting a tavern with the same mechanic like herbs for health. Maybe combined with some reworking of the happiness system in general. We should stick this point as a suggestion for 1.0.8 beta.

hehe i totally agree :)
i can send a suggestion email to Luke for 1.0.8 after he come back from vacations ( *sic ) and really launch 1.0.7 live

embx61

Not sure if Luke doing much more with banished but if he does the Alcohol doing the same as Herbs should not be too hard to change.

If he is on it add another 2 levels to the clothing mechanic too so to increase it by a level or two.
Tools could also get another level or 2.

I cannot see his code but I don't think it will be that hard to add those things.
It all depends if he want to spent some time on it.

Abandoned

I think major changes to the base game should get player input, perhaps a poll.

elemental

Quote from: Fransis1989 on July 17, 2017, 11:07:47 AM
Hi,

I've got small problem. Ale Wench refuse to move items. I have some taverns, tons of luxuries, but taverns are empty most of time.

I have the same problem with CC Inn and Garden and CC Small Tavern. I haven't tried their other taverns. I don't know why it doesn't work properly but at least now you know you aren't the only one with this problem. Only workaround I have found is to build a brewer or other luxuries production building near the tavern so the alcohol gets taken to the tavern by the brewer.

In the same game Red's ale stall works fine.

Savidan

By the way, If i'm not wrong, you dont need the mod: "indedible wheat" with CC, since you just had to build a "plantation field" instead of a "crop field" to make wheat inedible.

(the less mod you had, the better you will be ^^ )

Did you tried to move DS ale house to the top of the list, then restart the game ?

Where are you from by the way ?