News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Consumption Per Person

Started by Ogedei, January 21, 2017, 06:22:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ogedei

Does anyone happen to know what the food, tools, clothing, and firewood rates are per person? And how much they'd need for an entire year? I tend to build small communities and expand extremely slowly, but then I tend to end up having one of the two happening: 1) if I expand too slowly, I have a huge surplus of everything but then get hit with a huge die-off that makes it difficult to expand any further; 2) if I expand faster than normal then food and clothing production can't keep up and starvation or cold hits.

RedKetchup

the food is 100 food per person per year. so a family of 5 (2 adults 3 children) will eat 500 food per year.
if you have 200 citizens, they will eat 20,000 food per year.

the iron tool is " int _useValue = 100; " * if you have 1 building needs to be built and has 100 working units to be complete = 1 iron tool. at the end he will need to go back pickup another iron tool.
so an iron tool is good for 100 working units (or crafting units for resource crafting)
Steel tool is 200 working units.

cloths is 1 cloth per life per citizen.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Ogedei

Thanks. Is there a difference of durability between the types of clothing? Or is it the same for everything regardless of what type?

RedKetchup

durability ? no. will last for his entire life.

it is just he will have to comeback more often to go to get warmth all his life
(to compare a baby that just born and got the best cloth (warm winter coat) this baby and all his life, will have to go to get warmth less often during his entire life)
but both, will have their cloth till they died

brads3

hmm RED doesn't the clothing wear out??not sure how many per yr but i do think they wear out. as to the difference from 1 type clothing to another,then yes you are right . the better clothing the less the banis will get cold.

Tom Sawyer

Clothes have a durability of 4 years. I changed it for the ironman mode to 2 years for higher difficulty.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on January 22, 2017, 12:43:44 AM
Clothes have a durability of 4 years. I changed it for the ironman mode to 2 years for higher difficulty.

where did you found the infos ?

then it is not written like the tools :P
nothing is written is the rawMaterial files :( this game really lack of constance; i mean, the developper really lack of constance and logic.

Tom Sawyer

It is defined in the citizen.rsc as clothingLengthInMonths. Set it to 1 and they are going to eat their coats.^^

It would be great to have this value in the resource files as you said. We could make more different clothes with interesting properties.

Ogedei

QuoteClothes have a durability of 4 years

Does it matter which type or is it the same for all?

Tom Sawyer

It's the same for all clothes.