News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Error Message - Fatal Error, VideoDX9 and VideoDX11

Started by BigDaddehJ, May 05, 2018, 12:33:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigDaddehJ

I keep getting this error and it's super frustrating. If I reboot the computer, it works for a lil' while and then it comes back.

Things I have tried that have not worked.

1. Changing the resolution before play.
2. Tried Vsync checked and unchecked.
3. Tried full screen.
4. Renamed x32.exe to x64.exe to run the game.
5. Run the game as admin.
6. Changed VideoInterface in the registry to 0.
7. Deleted the .dll's for DX11 and for DX9.

And a bunch of other stuff I can't recall right now. It's late, I'm tired and I'm annoyed I can't play.

Again.

Any and all help would be appreciated.

J

Nilla

I'm sorry. I've played a lot of Banished but never seen or heard of that error. And i guess one of the "bunch of other stuff" you made, was to reinstall Banished. My computer knowledge is too small, to help further, but I hope someone else have some suggestion what to do.

RedKetchup

Hi,
What's your operating system?

first, try to completely uninstall the display adapters and reinstall them properly.

Follow these steps:
a. Open Device Manager by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Security, and then, under System, clicking
Device Manager. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.‌
b. In the list of hardware categories, click on display adapters, and then double-click the device name.
c. Click the Driver tab, click Uninstall and then follow the instructions. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the
password or provide confirmation.
d. Restart the computer.

after reboot reinstall your video drivers and make sure these are not some kind of BETA drivers (only use original disk drivers or certified drivers).

Secundo: if not work try this.

Run SFC scan. System File Checker (sfc) scan will make Windows replace corrupt or missing system files on your computer.

Steps to perform sfc scan:
a. Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and select Run as Administrator.
b. Click Continue or supply Administrator credentials if prompted.
c. In the Command Prompt window type the following, and press Enter:
sfc /scannow

Third thing: if you are with Steam, right click "Banished" in your steam launcher window => properties. and go check the integrity of the game files in the local files Tab.
start the game by holding the control key and go in the options and select disable all mods and select reset to default.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Kathleenz

Can you explain more or recommend a good resource?