News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Mod Kit Installation Tutorial

Started by DashJenkins, August 29, 2014, 07:06:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DashJenkins

Wasn't sure whether to put this here or in the actual Mods section, anyways, hope this helps anyone having trouble installing the Mod Kit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLJR5wDd-b0
Check out my YouTube Channel for lots of Banished vids, soon to be featuring all the amazing mods out there: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa0T1QhlZCMxxG459XI51Hg

solarscreen

Nice work @DashJenkins ! Thank you!

I just created a MODS category so I will move this post over.
Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics

graphite

Hey Mate,

didn't see you sneak in, welcome to WoB ;)

Bong

So it's your video that helped me few days ago :D Thanks man, simple enough to follow instructions  ;)

Bobbi

Hi Dash, first off, great tutorial. Unfortunately, I am not the best student. I get to the step where you are supposed to run buildresource.dat and I get the following warning:
Warning: Source resource 'D:\Banished Kit\resource\MeshLayout\UILayout.rsc' does not exist, and compiled resource not found in pack
Any thoughts? Did I miss a step? Argh. I thought I followed very carefully.

rkelly17

Like @Bobbi I am very appreciative of your tutorial. I have a different question. When I ran buildresources.bat I got a bunch of error messages that all referred to missing sound files. I seemed to be able to do the example "mod" in the menu text from the Readme file without problems. Do the error messages matter?

RedKetchup

we all dont have any of the .wav files, neither the .fbx (3d files)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

slink

Yes, ignore messages about missing sound, model, and graphic files when building resources.

Bobbi

Well, I tried firing up the game with mods just to see what would happen. I can pick mods, start new game, see the apiary and specialized stock piles, use the flatten terrain mod, etc. But when I save game and try to load it again, the game crashes. Swell. I don't know if it is because some of the mods are conflicting or what. Getting aggravated. Don't know if I should try one mod at a time. Maybe tomorrow. For tonight, I give up.

irrelevant

I read about these mod-induced crashes over and over on Reddit and on the Shining Rock forum; this is the main reason I have not yet tried any mods.

rkelly17

Quote from: irrelevant on September 09, 2014, 07:46:10 PM
I read about these mod-induced crashes over and over on Reddit and on the Shining Rock forum; this is the main reason I have not yet tried any mods.

@irrelevant, I'm surprised at you. You're usually such a risk-taker!  ;D  As a long-time SC 4 and Civ 5 mod user I can tell you that mods are always a risk, but many modders are careful about testing and produce good work. Try one at a time and see what happens. then add a second and see if they conflict, then a third, etc. I am using Better Fields by @rageingnonsense and Immortal Orchards by @slink and they work really well together. You could build even more massive settlements because orchards can be smaller and produce more consistently. I also use Apiary/Mead Update 2 by kralyberg and it works well. The first mod I activated was New Maps Version 1 by TheChucklesStart. I've stuck with version 1 because of crash reports on newer versions in the comments section at Banished Info. I am currently crash free.

RedKetchup

it s because he needs to finish his 5000 pop city :)

canis39

Quote from: rkelly17 on September 10, 2014, 07:21:59 AM
I also use Apiary/Mead Update 2 by kralyberg and it works well.

What?! Not using RedKetchup's apiary, but a competitor's?  ;)

RedKetchup

shame , all goes my fans, they betray me ^^

irrelevant

Quote from: rkelly17 on September 10, 2014, 07:21:59 AM
@irrelevant, I'm surprised at you. You're usually such a risk-taker!  ;D

I believe you have me confused with someone else!  ;D I am pathologically averse to beta.