News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Hi I have to post to keep account which is dumb but whatevs

Started by romulusnr, April 25, 2020, 03:14:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oaklore

Same, and Agreed.

Not only forced into membership to view mod pages and collections directly (I guess Nexus also does the same if you want to actually 'download' anything from them) , but forced to post as well? Seriously?

Even Worse!
This website does NOT use ssl!  ???
So be sure to use a really generic password that is not even CLOSE to anything you use for "real" accounts like email, or other forums (let alone anything financial or important)!!!
Good luck to all in keeping your account info secure here.  :-X

Other than that, I guess a simple "greetings all" will suffice...
"Why is it when everyone else feasts on the pleasures of life, I get the indigestion?" - George Wilson, Dennis the Menace (1993)

Admin

Quote from: Oaklore on October 16, 2020, 07:42:05 AM
Same, and Agreed.

Not only forced into membership to view mod pages and collections directly (I guess Nexus also does the same if you want to actually 'download' anything from them) , but forced to post as well? Seriously?

Even Worse!
This website does NOT use ssl!  ???
So be sure to use a really generic password that is not even CLOSE to anything you use for "real" accounts like email, or other forums (let alone anything financial or important)!!!
Good luck to all in keeping your account info secure here.  :-X

Other than that, I guess a simple "greetings all" will suffice...

Boo hoo

You have to create an account to download mods made by people who are members here; it takes what, 2 minutes?
Yeah, no ssl. Learn how to use different email addresses and passwords where you are not banking or storing personal information.

Besides, which SSL is actually secure?  Which cipher suite? Which encryption scheme? Which hash?  Should we salt the passwords before storing in a passworded database? iPhones ran SSL for a decade that wasnt doing anything to protect your info.

We're just a simple little forum for fans to enjoy Banished and provide a place for a few modders to post and discuss their mods.  Asking you to join and posting should be expected on a forum. This isn't pastebin.

Relax and enjoy life. Don't let it give you heartburn.