News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Discrepancy work in progress

Started by Discrepancy, May 31, 2017, 04:43:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Discrepancy

Recently I have released v2 of DS Jetty & Bridge.

Some of you may be wondering what is happening with DS Industry Mining in The North (aka DS Blast Furnace Advanced). Most of it is finished, I have a few more things to work on with it, as well testing to get production numbers to what I think is ok for release, but...
I have decided to wait and release the mod for the next version of The North (v7) as this will allow a better integration with it.

I have put updating the Pick &Hen on hold for now as it is more time consuming than I'd have liked.

I am still working on/off with Yandersen to create the Improved Mine model.

And because I felt like making a new 3d model today, I started making the Globe Theatre (as requested by galensgranny) for the game:

Nilla

WOW! Does it have a function, maybe like a church? Or is it simply some kind of achievement? In the second case, I find it ought to be hard and expensive to build.

Since there are no achievements in modded Banished, I don't mind, if you modders would come up with some special buildings (or production chains like Red´s jewels) that would need some more effort to make.

Discrepancy

It will function similar to a church in that it will give happiness and will be somewhere for them to go instead of a chapel/church.
It indeed will be very expensive and only one can be built on a map, but it will allow up to 500 'members' and will be worked by a 'Performer' or similar.

galensgranny

Oh my gosh!!  Yahoo!!  Thank you so much Discrepency for making the Globe Theatre!  :) :D ;D It looks fabulous-rather much like the real one in London! You are so skilled at making buildings.

It is good for the bannies to go someplace else besides a church or bar/tavern.   I am so happy for this and can't want to use it in game.

elemental

It looks good. It will definitely help to make a city look more like a city rather than a town. If it is supposed to be a challenge to make then perhaps one of the building ingredients could be a bunch of clothing (costumes).

Discrepancy

To the shock of many.... myself included, I have started to rebuild most of the code to the mod that still hasn't even been released: DS Industry Mining in the North.
I've altered most of the file/folder structures, this has meant I must now also alter all the code to ensure everything is linked where it ought to be. Haha, I honestly regretted doing it once I'd started, but it was too late to go back. But, I still have time as the next version of the North isn't released yet, and it needed to be done for ease of updating and cross compatibility with my other mods. The changes will also make it a lot easier for me to make the non-north upgrade to DS Blast Furnace, as well eventually make it easier when I finally compile a DS combined mod.

My latest mod: DS Oil Mill has been sitting on the backburner for quite some time. Originally it would have been released with DS Industry Mining in the North as a required companion mod, but I ended up adding most of the same production type buildings to it anyway, so I decided to dust off the oil mill and release it.

Work on rebuilding the Pick & Hen has been slow, I've found it difficult as sometimes I find I'm losing some of the charm of the original model when I try to improve the textures. I'm in a conundrum though as the way I did the original texture is proving near impossible to work with and improve. I lost the original HQ textures.

I find updating mods can be tedious and sometimes I need to create a new 3D model, so I have started making a mead brewery, something that was always planned because I removed the function and product from DS Ale House. The code has already been finished long ago so it is only a matter of minor changes and just making the models & textures, though that is still far from finished:

I have also been adding to the model collection I have been making for the Fishmonger mod. Things with this mod have also been slow, with many more pieces and higher detailed buildings (open-air; markets, fishmongers & kitchen dining areas) proving to be very time-consuming.

New Thompson Trade Merchant buildings have also been started that will be offering alternate trade options to just food. I've also made some water edge decoration Wharf pieces to match the merchants.

DS Clay Crafts has also hit a bit of a brick wall in creativity. I'm not overly happy with the models I've made and changes could be more difficult than starting anew. Something like this always seems to put me off so I have been slack and haven't looked at it in a few weeks. But I want to get onto it because of the requirement for Roof Tiles with DS Oil Mill, also DS Industry Mining will also require them.

So what will be the next release? haha, I have no idea! as many of you know by now, I can't stay still on one thing, don't always finish things and do whatever seems to beckon my mind at the time. It could be one of the above, or more than likely something different completely  ;D

Discrepancy

... or it could be this:

The Parthenon

lol, along with a footprint of 19 x 37 game tiles ! i'm not so sure...
even on a medium map this takes up a considerable percentage of usable space. And I don't know yet what the purpose of the building could be, being a temple, perhaps a chapel?

with even a minimum of 1.56 work per tile, it would be over 1090 work units to construct...
(1.56 work units, based upon the vanilla chapel having a construction cost of 150 and taking up 96 tiles)
and the trade cost of materials?? vanilla chapel has a cost of 12 trade units per tile, total 1,160.
Using that calculation the Parthenon would need to cost at least 8,436 in trade value to build....
vanilla resource values, that could look something like:

987 Stone (value 7x987= value 6,909)
+
233 Roof Tiles (value 5x233= value 1,165)
+
89 Lumber (value 4x89= value 356)
+
3 Logs (value 2x3= value 6)

kid1293

Excuse a joke. A big barn?

That is a massive building!
All those columns must increase polygons.

I like the style :)

Turis

Well, what a majestic pantheon!
Too bad I still see it as a single-room house. ;)

RedKetchup

Thats a new Majestic Wonder !!!

you know you can scale it if you want. compare it to the Majestic Cathedral :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Discrepancy

Quote from: kid1293 on April 29, 2018, 10:11:53 AM
Excuse a joke. A big barn?

That is a massive building!
All those columns must increase polygons.

I like the style :)

Storage sounds like a good idea... haha

polygon count isn't too bad. The columns are made of 20 faces, the actual flutes are in the texture, overall it isn't a lot, but the model still needs more details so faces will still probably double in number before I'm happy enough with it. Like the Globe Theatre only 1 will be able to be built so a high polycount over that many tiles isn't too bad.

Quote from: RedKetchup on April 29, 2018, 11:02:58 AM
Thats a new Majestic Wonder !!!

you know you can scale it if you want. compare it to the Majestic Cathedral :)

I though to make it a bit smaller, but then it will make it harder to arrange all the pillars. I don't want to get rid of any pillars, as I think that is what makes it so special, and makes it the Parthenon, with the 8 at the ends and 17 on the sides.  This building is still actually only 50% of its real world size!

A new version of the North is released, which means I must complete DS Industry Mining in the North...

brads3

we should get you and RED to do a special WOB set of these wonder mods. have KIDD make something special for the set as well. would be a neat idea.would be a challenge to build them all with some castles that we have in 1 map.

galensgranny

Your Parthenon looks wonderful, Discrepancy!  I like the black carvings of people at the top, and the fluted columns.  It is a massive building!  If it is going to be temple/church in the game, the happiness radius should be massive as well.  Maybe it could be called a museum.

noamsan

Parthenon - a place of worship.
The icing on the cake of course would be a complete Roman City set with housing and services.

Discrepancy

for now the Parthenon is in the 'on-hold' list of mods, just a quick model to see what it would look like :)

I'm still working on Industry Mining in the North, new beta3 is in progress, and still a week or more away. It will see improvements in the current productions:
- LumberTimber -- slight change in production speed of industry lumber-mill, also the mill is now called timber-mill, all Lumber is now going to be called 'Timber', though it will still be the same resource as lumber so interchangeable with other mods - this change is going to occur in all of my mods...
- Silver -- change in speeds at Silver mine & upgrades, also at the finery forge.
- Mining -- new iron and coal mine model, larger industrial mine than the Thadd Surrel mine. Thadd Surrel mine gets a smaller total lifetime output.
- Tailor & Tanner -- with the use of hides & leather in the North i also wanted to explore an old modding wish of mine and have started a tanning pits model and a separate tailor in style of other industry buildings, the process will use the lime resource added in the mod.
- Stone mine model has also started, not sure if will be completed though in time for next beta.

Another update to the Jetties mod & also the north patch is in progress, though this release will wait until I have finished the Industry Mining mod update.
Small fixes and a couple of new additions :)

and to other things... a screenshot of some of the new developments that will be available in the v2 update of DS Thompson Merchants:

not sure when it will be released, could be sooner or later. I have been enjoying making it though :)