News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING OF AMERICA SERIES 2:Roxbow

Started by brads3, December 10, 2018, 12:03:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gatherer

Nice touch with the playground and those tables with umbrellas. A person could spend a whole afternoon there just tasting all the different dishes.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

brads3

YEAR 54

there is over 400 grapes for the winery to use. the taverns have almost 2000 apples to make ale.1 worker will be  sent to each.hopefully the mine tavern will store some of the alcohol for the miners.iot is set to plums which i don't have.fertilizer is too low for any more RK greenhouses.1 will switch from tomatoes to potatoes.that should be enough to supply the market soup and BBQ.

the biggest challenge at the moment is to put bannies to work as fast as they graduate. the land along the river is planned later.once we start building the east houses,more fields can be planted.for now, we will use the extra laborers to help clear trees from the new meadow. the workers did have time to clear some of the rocks.

one row of the north houses is completed.we did put the new graduates to work. the laborers did not get ime to gather foods in the fall.with the cool summer food prodiction did drop.

pic 1:meadow outputs before we clear the trees and rocks
pic 2:  clearing  takes a few years
pic 3: 1 north row of RK houses complete

brads3

YEAR 55

to improve the food production ,we build a cucumber greenhouse and clear another field. the storage sheds and carts are full in the forests.more barns are needed.the markets are  moving items well and are well stocked.the windmill workers needed a house to move them closer.we are starting to move students into the new houses ahead of their graduations.more trees and rocks were removed from the meadow.

pic 1: yr 55 stats and production
pic 2: lighthouse overseer is happy
pic 3:north RK's progress
pic 4:miller's house,they refuse to move in

kid1293

Last picture. Do you really have a clear path all the way to the door.
It looks dangerous to balance on river bed.  ???

brads3

oh,bannies live there fine the millers wont move closer to the mill. they dont work hard either. KID, i dont make the stories up the bannies do that themselves. the butcher took the house,and over time the pig pasture is doing very well.

kid1293

Do you have a trick to make them behave?  ;D

brads3

YEAR 56

the attempt to move the millers did not work.the butcher now owns that house.the game has located the millers across the river so they walk a long ways to the mill.another house has to be built.if a small group of nomads comes we will except them. groups with 15 or more will be turned away.
           the builders are building more barns for the orchard forests.a dock is needed near the meadow for the market boat to stop at. goods will move from the docks to the north orchard forest and then to the meadow. since the game doesn't allow for that so easy,more vendors are added. 3 work at the log deopt,construction,and raw material markets.as the city grows and builds the east houses,more vendors will be assigned to the 4 main markets.

our oldest citizen is now 83. he is a guard watching over the west wall. starting near the sawmills,the bannies took time to do some clean up.they have cleared the regrowth along the river and lake shores.some verdant roads are used and some non-passble squares.some spaces are left untouched,so some shade trees or qwild berries might grow back.the bannies walk a lot and are not scared of walking thru grass.by now only grass snakes, field mice,and some frogs are found there. the bannies think GATHERER is still haunted by monster frogs.they took time to plant some shade trees for the livestock and some workers.the workers were quick enough to go from the sawmills around to the west docks.

the RK millers are alcoholics.they refuse to move back to the city. they are happy living in the grape orchard.we found out they are making their own wine, then they are too drunk to walk to work.the lack of flour is slowing down the bakers.this is our weak-link in our production.   the other bannies are not happy and are complaining.

pic 1: livestock shade trees
pic 2 shoreline cleared
pic 3: around the TP village is verdant grass. around the fields is still RK grass. lush grass is used for the main city
pic 4 shade for the miners,
pic 5:oldest bannie
pic 6:millers still rerfuse to move
pic 7: meadow market dock

brads3

YEAR 57

the bannies have a plan. they will build Old Smokey to deal with bison. the dryer will switch to bear meat.the miners have requested a the pub will make meals from smoked meat,onions,and wine.dock village asked them to leave some shade trees and to plant more of them all land around the city has been recleared of growth except the east.

the mill wokrers were fired twice. they however have kept chasing others away from the mill.they refuse to work harder and they refuse to work as laborers in the forest.i wonder how long the dispute will go before we find the millers floating in the river.no rice was made into flour all year.

Hermi,the town elder,died at 85yrs old. he was trying to rescue miners stuck in the mine when there was another cave in.Attie took his death quite hard.Hermi had been like a grandfather to him since he lost his parents so long ago to the bandits. at 57,he often climbs the lookout tower to search for fire smoke.       

pic 1: Old Smokey
pic 2: mine pub
pic 3: east RK houses started
pic 4: dock shade trees and some berry bushes by the barn

brads3

YEAR 58

we need to dig out the mine from the cavein last year.the random mine is down to 5%. 13% remains in the tiny mine.the added barns and our meat processors should move goods for the forest workers. a 3rd worker has been sent to both trade posts.linen coats are being stocked at the RH post.theer is enough glass and lumber stored that we can trade as well.we want to take in more food to compensate for our production drop offs.we do have 50,000 food stored and the greenhouses insure us against bad  weather. the workers finished the cleanup of the regrowth. verdant roads and empty space tiles have been used luch grass has been planted around the city center,houses,and production areas.

16 nomds is the smallest group we will see.they will stay and finish off the north RK houses.workers are already cutting trees for the east fields.our education remains above 70%.

looking at the meadow outputs,there are no RK berries growing. when the map started there was some blackberry and rasberry collected.RED says they spawn with the flowers.this huge meadow was setup and cleared to see what items we would get.the FO gatherer isnt collecting much.it does give some oats to give the workers a grain.the tower hunters serve a purpose. they work without risking overhunting the wild animals.

what i think is happening is the RK berries spawn on the original start map then they are choked out by the pine and flora mod items. the flora mod is giving more items than i had hoped. the patch was used to help TANDY's bees. NECORAs patch helps the laborers pick items up while clearing land.without it the laborers can be destructive. they might clear wildbee hives but not collect the honey.as i often say there is a give and take to the gathering.risk verses reward so to speak. taking out the flora pine patch will take out the wild flax and oats,but will it mean the laborers dont collect wild honey? is it the mod that is blocking REDs berries? the main gathering hut does have a nice total output.we do have pine mod items growing with the fodderor-thatch.there is a test on all this info later so pay attention.

we have 92 laborers and need 20 more houses.food reserves drop 5000.the miners are happy with their pub and tavern. corn whiskey was taken in a trade and sent to the miners.

pic 1:  cavin,mine being dug out.
pic 2: deeper mine
pic 3: yr 58 meadow outputs,note no RK berries
pic 4: grape forest output
pic 5: CC apple and cherry orchard forest output
pic 6: North RK's completed

RedKetchup

how they work those pic 5: CC apple and cherry orchard forest output (and grape) ?

they cut down the tree and you get apples instead of logs ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

i get both. the trees give apples and logs like a normal tree. spawns apples or other fruit depending on the orchard i plant.there is 3 different foresters,well 4. 2 grape,1 apple,and 1 cherry. i wish there was a mixed forest that gave apples,and a nut,plus maple maple sap.only NECORA has a somewhat mixed forest.

RED i don't get your berries with this setup i had them at the map start only. i made the fodder meadow to double check as a test. am not sure if they are blocked by the pine mod itself or the flora patch.

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

for now yes. i am still on an older version of the RK.

brads3

YEAR 59

FINALLY after all these many years,the city is neary full.the eastern RK houses can be built and the fields plowed and planted. a meeting has to be called to decide if the bannies feel safe enough to add a bridge.it would help move goods between the city and forests.it has been a long time since anyone spotted the bandits.it has to be a very tall bridge to allow the market riverboat to travel under it.it also has to be well guarded.the bannies must be tired cause it takes longer than it should to get work done.with over 90 laborers they did not get much clearing done.

the miller wife kicked her husband out of both the house and mill.not sure where he went.  1 day she seemed happier and sober.finally more flour will be produced. and no we did not find hm floating anywhere.

pic 1: east RK construction
pic 2: center light house
pic 3 DS tall guard bridge

brads3

YEAR 60 REVIEW

population 778 in 181 houses,74% educated.267 children.our biggest concern is  food production has dropped steadily.we will increase our trading and consider adding a food trade post. as our education level has improved,there is plenty of tradable goods  in storage.

we cleared a huge meadow,added several markets and barns to better move items from the forests. we re-cleared land outside  the city center and finished the center construction.a park was finished and many shade trees planted.we process apple ale and grape wine.a pub makes meals for the mine workers. the founders have passed on and filled our cemetary.

we need to build 17 more houses,some storage barns and plow more fields to the east.i would ike to get the food production up to being self-sufficient.

pic 1: yr 60 stats
pic 2: production
pic 3: inventory
pic 4: 10 and 100 yr food graphs