News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING OF AMERICA SERIES 3: Guerner

Started by brads3, October 13, 2019, 08:10:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

YEAR 53

we plant another tea and peach orchard.  it takes almost 3yrs for the tea orchard to produce. i do think the tea is in-edible since none of the bannies have any in their houses.

a bath house was added and more huts and houses.so far the only thing i added to these sets was storage and KID's gardens.even the beekeeper is from the african mods.

pic 1:bath house
pic 2; gate wall extended
pic 3: zulu huts for the farmers

angainor88

Yes, the tea from the tea trees is inedible. It's under the same limit as herbs are. The finished product of tea that's made in the tea house is under the same limit as alcohol :)

brads3

i figured that out with the tea house. by then i had several orchards producing super well. have started trading both tea's.  set more traders to help move stuff farther north toward the trade posts.

brads3

YEAR 54

we built the small mosque and started work on the super large 1. a clock tower was completed and a grape orchard was planted. the clock tower works as a townhall.the african town has grown large enough that it extends to the edge of the map. the large mosque needs alot of stone but not many logs. a 2nd fishing dock and more houses were added.

the bannies are concerned with the jungle. they are worried the chidren will get lost or attacked by animals.as such they have slowed down progress. it is thick enough that even as they build more and more the log pile remains full.logs are being hauled to the mission.the log depot moves them from there north for the trade posts.

we trade for copper to keep the tools supplied and salt for EB's leatherworks. food trading is restricted to mainly what we produce as well as watermelons and berries.we have taken in tomatoes and chili since we can not produce those in the hot climate.

pic 1:small mosque
pic 2; clock tower
pic 3; 2nd fishig dock

brads3

YEAR 55

the fort graduates build a village south of the fort. several markets are constructed to trade goods among the many towns. they will haul goods between the villages and tradng posts. this will be a good way to use up some logs.

all the logs from the african village workpile  have been hauled away.they did finish the huge mosque.just clearing along the shore of the lake re-filled the pile to 80%.

pic 1: market village
pic 2: large mosque

brads3

YEAR 56

a stone chapel is built at the market village.a native trader will trade ale for venison fro the indians. i do wish this had better options as it is very expensive trades.the village stretches to the river and adds a fishing dock and EB farm house. a tiny fish smoker will help use firewood at the fort.more houses have been constructed to scatter laborers.i do think that helps move goods around to the outer regions.

for some reason we are showing 2 kinds of chili in the inventory. we have traded down a lot more logs.

pic 1: stone chapel
pic 2: native trader
pic 3: fort food processors

brads3

YEAR 57

we head back south to the African village. a pasture is cleared and needs fenced.the cattle will be moved here and chickens will use the plantation pasture.to support all the houses, more garden fields need planted. a capetown bar and dutch hospital are completed.an EB salt mine and a multi-mine are dug beside 2 mountain storage barns.

pic 1: south cattle pasture
pic 2: dutch hospital and capetown bar
pic 3: mountain storage and mines

angainor88

Next to everything else, that mosque really is huge! :P

brads3

yes it is.does stand out for sure. when i built it,i had hoped it would use up a lot of logs. instead it needed more stone and few logs.

brads3

YEAR 58 ad 59

WE start a huge housing boom.we need a lot of iron and stone.while waiting on the mine,the bannies clear trees.the builders keep busy making storage carts.more fields are also planted.

pic 1: atlas houses
pic 2: capetown market
pic 3: more carts for storage

brads3

YEAR 60 REVIEW

population 531, with 60 laborers.79 % educated in140 houses.even thou the builders constantly add more, we always 20 houses short. we are overstocked on logs and short on stone and iron. food production is decent with the garden fields. had i known tea produced so well and was not edible,we would have planted more peach orchards instead of tea. we are trading tea leaves and tea for food.

the Africa village is over half completed.it is a colorful town.  there are a lot more houses to build. there is a good variety to them.hopefully by the time we have enough stone to finish them,the workers will have the trees cleared.more workers are moving the logs out of the piles.

once the south village is completed,i do want to do some clean up for the indians and fort.i do wish i had a thatch or fodder mod for the indians at least.with the heat, RED's greenhouses would have gave more food varieties. those limit some of the food processing.

pic 1: stats
pic 2: production
pic 3: inventory
pic 4: graphs

brads3

YEAR 60

as logs move north,food needs to move south.more vendors are sent to help haul the food. with more limits and variety of goods,the merchants spend time stocking a mixture of items ad less food.the mini food market helps solve that. however,it only allows 1 vendor. the larger markets are busy moving a variety of textiles and minerals.nobody is going hungry ad we keep planting more food to feed the many houses.

i should mention that i did NOT build the farmers market with SLINK's set south of the fort. that would have worked against us. it would have pulled food away from the outer regions and made the situation worse.those markets work to move textiles,herbs,tea,and other excess goods so farmers have more space in their barns ad carts.

the south africa town has 20 different houses plus color ad texture options to several of them.

pic 1: townhouses
pic 2: row houses
pic 3: dutch boardinghouse

Nilla

These houses really look cool, especially the way you use them.

brads3

i try. wanted to make 1 of every type. it is a colorful set.was a neat way to use the African sets in Mexico.

brads3

YEAR 61

another tea house and bath house are built. a school for the farm families is finished. some roses and trees were planted behind the small mosque.

pic 1:farm school
pic 2: 2nd tea house and bathhouse
pic 3: dutch houses
pic 4: rose park