News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Gatherer - Castle Rock X - Screenshot Blog

Started by Gatherer, May 08, 2017, 11:04:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gatherer

This is my first blog and it will be mostly just screens and a little text. I'm not a number cruncher so no long posts about production numbers and efficiency or elaborate stories about my baniminions' lives.

Also here are all the mods currently enabled:
banishedUI
betterFields
BetterStockPiles
BetterStockPileStorage
BobbiDoctorHouse
BroadwayTower
CallofNatureSoundtrack
Carrots
CCTerrains    -    -    -    -    -    -    MOD DISABLED
Charburner
ChickenCoop
CleanMeat
ColonialHousing
ColonialResource
CountryLittleHouse
Covering
CropHerb
D20MedievalHouses
DecoCrates
DecoPlants
DecorativeItems
detachableMonkeyDisableFires
DSAleHouse
DSBridgeCrossing
DSCrestBlacksmith
DSFences
DSJettyAndBridge
DSPickandHenBrewery
DSRoads
DSSmallVillageProduction
DSSmallVillageServices
DSSmallVillageStorage
DSStoneHovels
DSStythTower
DSWagonVendor
Ducks
EBApothecary
EBChapel
EBChurch
EBFarmhouses
EBHerbalist
EBMarketSet
EBStorageSet
EBSunflower
EBWinery
FenceLess
fig
flatten
FlyFishing
ForestDeep
ForestOutpost
gardenshed
GHLightHouse
GoHunting
IrrelevantTweakCrops
kayTweakMoreWorkers
Ketchup
KidWildWest
KidYardCover
LargePort
LessFog
lettuce
limitResource
LogDepot
LongerLivingOrchards
MaritimesDockSet
MaritimesNSInshore
MaritimesPEIShore
MaritimesPineSet
MaritimesTrees
MarketBBQ
marketpuzzle
MarketSoup
Mathieuso_Decorations
Mathieuso_Furnace
MiniBuildings
monastery
MoreIron
MoreStone
MoreWood
mushroom
NatDiv
NewEngland
NewFlora
NewLimitVanillaTP
newmedievaltown
NewTrees
NMT30ClayChain
nordichouses
NordicWarehouse
Pigs
plains
professionsBox
Radius
RedCottage
RKFirewoodStorage
RKGardenWalls
RKGardenWallsUtility
RKOldBlacksmith
roadTest
rowhouse
sawmill
SeasonFX
SmallPort
smallwell
SpecializedStockpiles
storageCart
StorageCrates
StorageMod
tighterroadsextended
Tiny
TinySmoke
tradecomplete
vBetterRainSound
VillageSchool
warehouse
WashingMod
WheelbarrowBigger
whiteChicken
wintinEmporium
WorkPlace
XP-HS-Training
[\code]

dfff
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Gatherer

:) Hello and welcome to Castle Rock X :)

Map starting parameters. I'm running 1.0.7.Beta. Terrain type is from Plains mod by Jose Rios. It can be found in the download section.

Starter village and minimap. Even though I started on easy setting I only got one crop seed. I start with potato, peach, walnut and chickens.
As you can see I've already placed a rough blueprint for the NM Canal.

Salem's Lot village. Year 3.

:) To be continued...
Fiat panis.

Gatherer

Fiat panis.

Gatherer

Continuing...

Salem's Lot. Year 6. A quick expansion. Removed parts of the pre-planned canal. Will place fishermen and storage docks there. Plus bridges and a trading post.
I really like this Natural Diversity mod. New trees are very pleasant to the eye.

Castle Rock. Year 8. Main town development. Bellman Lake to the southeast (upper right). Part of Lortz Lake to the southwest.

Salem's Lot. Year 8.

Fiat panis.

RedKetchup

lol

i was going why the ..... you arent using nmt3.0 canal ?? ? i was not seeing the blue arrow on the ground on the footprint lol
/shrug it is not released yet lol

would have been ... but need to make a watermill :P

Gatherer

Continuing...

Year 10

Salem's Lot. Not much has changed here.

Clearing the area for the future site of Haven village. View of Lortz Lake.

Castle Rock Town Hall. Fantastic design.

Castle Rock Chapel. Will be removed later as I am not satisfied with its location. Again a nice view of Lortz Lake.

View of Bellman Lake. Future expansion site.

Fiat panis.

Nilla

very nice, good planned. I'm a bit surprised, that you can afford so much stone roads at the beginning. I use to be short of stones.

Gatherer

More stone per rock mod plus manual gather orders.

I'm never stingy with roads in any of my towns. As goods are moved faster in the beginning it pays out in the long run.
Fiat panis.

Abandoned

@Gatherer nice to see your town and how you are placing the canal.  :)  So many mods enabled at once without major conflict?  Question, I don't see CC on the list, what is making the crop field look different?

Gatherer

I'm not using CC. Never have. Perhaps the crop field looks different because of Season FX mod. Or did you mean something else?

About conflicts...no crashes yet. I hope it stays that way. Certain chains not working? Don't know. But I'm not going to build all of them anyway.

Right now I wish I had waited a bit with this map. That way I could incorporate Mr. Red's revamped canals from the start. I sure hope they will be compatible with a savegame. :-\
Fiat panis.

Abandoned

@Gatherer oh, season fix, I don't have that mod.  I didn't think you used cc, I hope we continue to get separate mods from it.

I did not update my game yet but have quite a few of the updated mods. The trouble makers for me are town halls and I'm guessing seaports and any that have an item with new flag.  So I am limited to what new mods I can use.  I had my test map freezing up. 

You just recently updated, did you take your windata file out of the game before updating?  Did your load order change?  What a nightmare if I would have to reorder all those mods.  Why is there not a smiley face expressing horror?

Gatherer

Continuing...

Year 13

Castle Rock's chapel has been removed and a bigger church placed east of the town hall. Part of Salem's Lot also visible.

Haven and its docks under development. These dock pieces are giving me a bit of a headache as I've never tried them before.

Fiat panis.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Gatherer on May 09, 2017, 05:01:14 AM
I'm not using CC. Never have. Perhaps the crop field looks different because of Season FX mod. Or did you mean something else?

About conflicts...no crashes yet. I hope it stays that way. Certain chains not working? Don't know. But I'm not going to build all of them anyway.

Right now I wish I had waited a bit with this map. That way I could incorporate Mr. Red's revamped canals from the start. I sure hope they will be compatible with a savegame. :-\

oh that would be a very good test !
what if i disable the watermill... ( with a // and compile a test version) and you place it before NMT2.04... maybe you can tell me if it is 100% compatible and crash free :)

Gatherer

Quote from: Abandoned on May 09, 2017, 05:15:15 AM
You just recently updated, did you take your windata file out of the game before updating?  Did your load order change?

I copied 1.0.6. to another drive and then updated the original one. After that I emptied the original (now 1.0.7.Beta) WinData file and filled it with all the mods I wanted for this map. Load order did change a bit and it changed again on its own once or twice since. I have added a couple of mods after the start of this map but some mods have switched places without me touching them.

Quote from: RedKetchup on May 09, 2017, 05:18:22 AM
Quote from: Gatherer on May 09, 2017, 05:01:14 AM

oh that would be a very good test !
what if i disable the watermill... ( with a // and compile a test version) and you place it before NMT2.04... maybe you can tell me if it is 100% compatible and crash free :)

That could be fun. Right now I'm behind on screenshot posting. Ingame year is already at 33 so the canal is already built. But for a test I can rebuild it.
Fiat panis.