News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Create sorted list of Banished mods (by Gordon Dry - release 6b)

Started by Gordon Dry, March 01, 2015, 08:16:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gordon Dry

The "Create sorted list of Banished mods.cmd" should be in the game folder where the game .exe is.

It checks for files in the WinData folder.

irrelevant

Okay, got it; thanks for the help, and thanks for sharing this.

Gatherer

Sorry for necromancing...but can anyone help me with a small problem.

I only get a list of mods in alphabetical order and NOT in load order. How to fix this?
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

QueryEverything

following along too Gatherer :D  I'd like to know if it can be updated :D
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

QueryEverything

Necro bump for @Gordon Dry :)
Or anyone else who wishes to pick up the mantle :)

The bat now only exports out an alphabetised mod list, it doesn't output mods in Load Order.
I would certainly be interested in getting this mod some love, to get it to list the mods by Load Order or by Alphabetical (via a yes/no in the screen prompts.

It's a bit above my coding knowledge and I don't know enough about Banished installations to alter the code myself.

Any takers, or is Gordon lurking somewhere close?

[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Paeng

Quote from: QueryEverything on May 27, 2017, 03:01:01 AMThe bat now only exports out an alphabetised mod list, it doesn't output mods in Load Order.

That's odd - reading back from the initial thread for this mod the author states -

QuoteIt is of course sorted by the load order - that was the reason to create the whole thing initially...

???

Or has it been overrun by recent Banished updates?

[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

QueryEverything

Yeah, it's why I've downloaded it a couple of times since Feb, to see if there were any changes, and still, same version today, as the one I downloaded 20th Feb, both do the same thing - output by alphabetical order.

I can see in the code where it reorders the information, but, I'm only entry level coder, and I lost the link a fair bit in.

Shame @Paeng , but it is what it is atm.  :( 

I've been using it regardless to keep a history of the mods at any given time, but, not the load order :(

Kristahfer

Odd, I just ran the tool, with 113 mods and it sorted by load order.

QueryEverything

@Kristahfer what version is that though?  Is it 6B (it would have it in the .txt output.

Is it possible to upload the zip package please?  I will take a look at the code over the next week if Gordon isn't around and see if I can find the difference.  :)  Most likely not though, it's a complex (for me) file - but can give it a shot.  :D

Kristahfer

Yes it is the 6b version. Post a picture of it in edited post.

Here is a copy of the original file I am running.

Paeng

Well, I ran a quick test again, too... but still, I get rather strange results... it's always been like this, the tool has never shown me my mod folder's reality   :-[

See attached - all these mods that are reported as "Disabled", well, they're not - all my mods in windata are *enabled*... which is why I never really used the tool <shrug>...

* However, the mods that are listed below the allegedly disabled ones (and the actual list is much longer, screenshot is just partial) are showing the Load Order... though again, it does not reflect my load order as I see it in my mod list, it's rather... chaotic.

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Paeng

Quote from: RedKetchup on May 27, 2017, 10:40:27 AMsad to see all my mods disabled :S

LOL, yeah... that would be sad indeed   :D

However, as I said - all the mods I put into WinData are always enabled, I never play with any mods disabled... I have no idea where the script gets this totally wrong (des)information...  :(

Gatherer

I'm also using 6b version of this mod and only get the mods listed alphabetically. I've tried it on 1.0.6. and 1.0.7.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

QueryEverything

I had a thought, how are your installations all?

Mine was an original .exe then I linked it to Steam, and I have it in my D drive (not C), so perhaps it's having an issue with the location of the files - though reading previous comments, that doesn't seem to be the case, as it's handled (I guess, and running an eye over the code), through the game registry values, and not so much the drive links.

Thoughts?  We need someone who knows how to write .bats to take a look at it - it shouldn't be a case of needing someone who knows how to mod, as it's a completely different language.