News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Logging game statistics?

Started by rockretep, June 29, 2019, 02:55:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rockretep

I'm interested in logging/recording game data for analysis. I'm wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to make a mod to print to a console or write to a log file of some sort.

I tried enabling debug, but I didn't find anything that looked like it gave access to some kind print/log functionality.

Thank you in advance!

rockretep

Bumping this. Also wondering if anyone has ever successfully parsed the save files, as I would imagine that it would contain values for the statistics I'm interested in reading (resources, population, etc...)

RedKetchup

sorry there are no way to get statstics. the modding tools allow only to make something the game has already : building, resources, profession, animals... even try to modify a window UI is a pain.

to do such thing, you need a programmer that would do a totally new program that would record things or modify the game. there are no programmer here unfortunatly.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

rockretep

Thanks RK. I am a programmer myself, and I've been looking into a way to achieve this, but I've been seeing if anyone has any insight on if this task is feasible at all, through modding the game (unlikely or impossible it seems) or by some other method.

Thanks again!

RedKetchup

maybe contact the developper himself ? he surely knows the name of the variables stored in memory.

rockretep

Yep, I've already sent him an email a few days ago, using the support@shiningrocksoftware.com address (perhaps there's a better address that someone knows?).

Thanks again for your advice!

RedKetchup

thats the adress i always sent my emails.
dont expect a 100% call back ^^