News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Christmas Wishes 2019

Started by kid1293, August 08, 2019, 01:11:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

taniu

@kid1293 :D ;D :D :-[I know very well that even a simple edition of mod is a very labor-intensive thing, you have to forgive me for my impatience - but what to create - I always want new fashions like a small child now? - it was just a joke - I use your mods a lot in the game, because they are very useful - will I wait patiently? I just hope that at least the title suggests December 2019 - will the release be a bit sooner? :-[ Greetings

MarkAnthony

Okay @kid1293 I have another Christmas-inspired mod wish please.

A Scrooge and Marley Counting House! It's purpose? Town Hall stats for early game use. Just this by itself with nothing else included in the mod.

If you want you may stick to the story of "A Christmas Carol" by Charles Dickens. Because it is an accounting place of business you may gladly charge a continual Scrooge-fee for it's on-going use. How about a "few" Coal to keep it's sole clerk Bob Cratchit warm? Scrooge only gave his clerk a small amount of coal to keep warm by so little in fact that Bob Cratchit also tried to stay warm by candle fire as well!

From the looks of Scrooge and Marley in the movies is was in a state of disrepair so I doubt Scrooge would have paid to have things fixed up but you could also charge a continual fee of a few Log and Stone too if you wanted, but I doubt Scrooge would approve of such expenditures.

What brings this up? I seriously hate not having stats at the beginning of game but I also don't want to use other tiny mods to get it because they include so many other things along with it that I would be tempted to use them to make the game start a bit easier.

So... just the Scrooge and Marley Counting House only.  Please and thank you. 

Bah humbug!  Scrooge would never say those words! He would tell you to show up for work bright and early the day after Christmas though.   No rest for the weary, so please make haste!   :P

P.S.: With a "minimize" button of course!

Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of
        who do the things no one can imagine.

kid1293

Hi (and good morning)

I can accept to work for a bit of coal. Although not needed. If I work hard I keep warm.  :)

All the other buildings in Christmas mod are neat and orderly. I don't want to spoil that
impression by adding a derelict accounting house badly in need of repair.

A town hall menu is always good to have. Some not too big, cheap building.
You have the Gingerbread House as a town hall but it is not cheap. (although I reduced
the cost this year)

I will add it to the (in)famous to-do-list.

MarkAnthony

Thank you.

Yeah, I meant as an original mod all by itself; I didn't mean for it to be included in your annual Christmas mod. I just mentioned it here well... because Christmas!!! And this is your Christmas thread.

But I like the sounds of a derelict building though, perhaps with roof shingles ajar and about to fall off, maybe a slight lean in the building.  I'll see if I can find any images of what it looked like in some of the movies. That may be hard though, I don't know.

MarkAnthony

Hmm, I guess I was mistaken about it being in a state of disrepair.

I checked YouTube for movies of A Christmas Carol, there are versions from the 1930's that I never saw before! I'm going to have to watch those. Some of the movies upload are not that great in quality but some are.

As for the "real" building I found the one that Charles Dickens based the Scrooge & Marley building on. It was on Chancery Lane in Malton, in Yorkshire England and was turned into a museum which I think now, no longer exists due to lack of funding. The building may still be there but I think the museum itself is now closed. Anyhow, Dickens had a friend named Charles Smithson whom he would visit in Malton and he was a local solicitor and it was his solicitor's office that inspired the building Dickens used.

But yeah I guess it wasn't in a state of disrepair, it's just the normal gloomy/dreary dark shabby buildings of England you always saw in old movies.

The first two images below are just drawings from books. The ones after are the real solicitor's office that Dickens based the Scrooge & Marley building on. I guess it was actually spelt Scrooge & Marley. I don't know. I see it both ways.  The last two images show what the windows looked like from the inside of the building.

kid1293

Hi @MarkAnthony - What you show is more or less a rowhouse building which I have none in Christmas mod.
It could be made stand-alone but right now it is not important. I have noted it and will come back later.

In other words - I am not up to it now. I am going through a period where I have a lot to do.
I played some when I made Settlers but that's all, for years. It is only the next project and next...

You realize a building like that requires matching surroundings...

Like sitting at Christmas table. - I don't think I can eat another turkey right now!  ???

;D
Be well.

taniu

@kid1293  :D ;D ;D You are right - There is a saying with us - Take your time slowly - it's not time and desire to celebrate - I personally thought about the production of chocolate - we eat not only on the occasion of saints, but all year round, and even - mountaineers eat because it has a lot of calories and adds them energy, and if you have a bad day and you are sad - eat chocolate - it's a good soul comforter, that's it - work at your own pace. don't worry - we players, not when we disturb, I cordially greet

kid1293

Hi again.

What is the general opinion about having toys in the Christmas mod?
Trade goods or deco.

Gatherer

There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

kid1293

Abandoned

kid1293

taniu

@kid1293 ;D ;D ;DI have a question about "XHotChocolate" - can you release it as a separate mod or attach to the markings?I would be very happy about "Christmas Wishes 2019" mod Greetings

galensgranny

Regarding toys, @kid1293 , maybe make a toy store that serves the same purpose as a tavern, but instead of alcohol, they get toys.  Instead of fruits, wood would be what is needed for production.  Then the toys could be "consumed" or traded.   The toy store would give entertainment happiness, like a tavern.  I don't know what kind of toy deco there would be in a town,  unless it would be something like a wooden toy rocking horse or bouncing horse on a metal spring that children could (pretend) sit on.  That would be something ghosted to add to around a playground.  I wouldn't put tiny toy dolls or cars, etc. on the ground around houses.