News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Constant crashes with RK Editor Choice

Started by zsasquatch, April 01, 2020, 11:48:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zsasquatch

Hello,

I'm hoping someone can help figure out what's causing the crash.  It's a relatively new town that will crash within 10 seconds of unpausing my last save.  I made a quick video showing my settings and the town prior to crash, as well as uploaded the .dmp if anyone's interested in having a look.

video
dump file

banishedsanni

zsasquatch

Quote from: banishedsanni on April 01, 2020, 12:07:59 PM
Do u use any other mods?

No, I don't.  I do show the mod section of the game in the beginning of the video just to make sure.

Nilla

Did you play some other major mods (CC, Megamod, North) before you started RKEd, if yes, have you "cleaned" the registry? Some old mods may be in the background even if they are delited. I use this, http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=790.30 not very easy but it works. There´s a discription how to do it. I think there are also other ways, maybe easier. I´m sure someone will know.

zsasquatch

Quote from: Nilla on April 01, 2020, 01:35:24 PM
Did you play some other major mods (CC, Megamod, North) before you started RKEd, if yes, have you "cleaned" the registry? Some old mods may be in the background even if they are delited. I use this, http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=790.30 not very easy but it works. There´s a discription how to do it. I think there are also other ways, maybe easier. I´m sure someone will know.

I've only played this single mod.  I'm new to using any Banished mods in general, and I just started with RKE about a week ago.

Nilla

Then I don´t know, what´s wrong. Usually the mod works. Maybe something went wrong by downloading it, maybe try again?

brads3

1st step check banished build # at the bottom. it should b 170910. if not update banished. older beta 1.07 will not work with RKEC.

2nd make sure you enable mod. after the game reloads, completely exit out and restart the game. failure to do this is #1 reason for crashes.

3rd how many years and what is your population at? i ask cause you say you have played with RKEC for a week. you may have hit the game limit. each computer finds this on its own. at a certain point the calculations become to many and game will not continue past that point. seems it happens near 2000 population.

4th pause the game at the point it crashes. did you build something new? did the bannies do something different,produce something they have not been before,etc?

zsasquatch

Quote from: brads3 on April 01, 2020, 07:36:51 PM
1st step check banished build # at the bottom. it should b 170910. if not update banished. older beta 1.07 will not work with RKEC.

2nd make sure you enable mod. after the game reloads, completely exit out and restart the game. failure to do this is #1 reason for crashes.

3rd how many years and what is your population at? i ask cause you say you have played with RKEC for a week. you may have hit the game limit. each computer finds this on its own. at a certain point the calculations become to many and game will not continue past that point. seems it happens near 2000 population.

4th pause the game at the point it crashes. did you build something new? did the bannies do something different,produce something they have not been before,etc?

I am using build 170910.  I've played towns before using RKEC to a population of a few hundred.  The one that is crashing is a relatively new town, population 40 in year 13.  I don't know what happened to it, but it just constantly crashes.  I can play my other towns, and start a new one without any issue so far.  I thought maybe there's something in the dump that would point to a bug that would help someone in the future.

brads3

did you use the same start settings from map to map?  did the other towns crash? are you playing under Steam? we can not read dump files.

galensgranny

It might be a sad case of some weirdness that happened with that town and it's just going to wind up needing to be forgotten and deleted.  Maybe the save didn't get save correctly for some mysterious computer reason.  If you have an earlier save, try playing from that one.  Otherwise, it's new town time.