News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Single Fisherman

Started by LadyMarmalade, October 07, 2015, 04:36:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LadyMarmalade

I'm very new to Banished/CC and have little idea about what is possible and what is not with regard to modding so excuse me if this idea is ridiculous!

As I've started off numerous new villages, each time trying to improve on the previous and overcome regular challenges it struck me how useful it would be to be able place a single fisherman rather like the single woodcutter (chopper). When the population is very small and resources are scarce it would be great to just put one fisherman down, perhaps without just a tiny shelter or even just a rock to sit on rather than a proper fishing post. He/she could have a suitably reduced fishing radius and perhaps even be able to fish the streams as well as the rivers and lakes? It would also be very useful with the Adam and Eve scenario.

Is this possible/viable/worthwhile?

I am not a Gamer because I don't have a life but because I choose to have many.

irrelevant

What a lovely idea! The same could also be done with gatherers and foresters. Give them a smaller radius.

Idle Work Team

I tried to do it,Is that okay with you?

LadyMarmalade

Wow...thats perfect and so quick too!  Thank you :)

RedKetchup

you forgot to put only 1 fisherman  :-\ (or at least , in your screenshot^^)

WorkDescription work
{
   int _defaultWorkers = 1;

bool _allowCountChange = false;
   int _minWorkerCount = 1;
   int _maxWorkerCount = 1;

}

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

LadyMarmalade

Just added this to my Adam & Eve game and it looks great. I do tend to play the aesthetic game more than purely functional and having a single fisherman looks 'right'. They would hardly build an entire fishing dock when there are only two of them!  Thanks again, IWT.

Idle Work Team

@RedKetchup
oh,Thank you for your reminder, I will immediately corrected.
@LadyMarmalade
Do you want to put something in there?(fishing gear)

LadyMarmalade

I don't think it needs anything else from my own personal point of view. It's perfect as it is and I thank you once again. Thanks also for the amended version.

The single woodcutter and now the single fisherman are perfect,in my opinion,for very small communities and the Adam & Eve gameplay. Like Irrelevant says, I would love to see any other of the basic professions done the same way (i.e. gatherer, hunter, forester,tailor). Just needing a very basic set up and tiny amount of provisions to build.

Paeng

I agree, that's a nice idea... it's such small details that add a lot to any setting.

Thanks to IdleWorkTeam for the quick realization, too  :D
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

Turis

Quote from: LadyMarmalade on October 08, 2015, 03:56:05 AM
I don't think it needs anything else from my own personal point of view. It's perfect as it is and I thank you once again. Thanks also for the amended version.

The single woodcutter and now the single fisherman are perfect,in my opinion,for very small communities and the Adam & Eve gameplay. Like Irrelevant says, I would love to see any other of the basic professions done the same way (i.e. gatherer, hunter, forester,tailor). Just needing a very basic set up and tiny amount of provisions to build.

Kralyerg already created a tool shed (Tailor/Smith). Here is the link: Tool shed

LadyMarmalade

Thankyou,Turis. I must have missed that on my travels.

Following on with my 'smaller' theme - does anyone know if someone has made a much smaller Town Hall?
I like having one early on to keep an eye on the stats but, again, in a small community the Town Hall always seems too big to me?