News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Reproduction of Bannies

Started by A Nonny Moose, October 10, 2015, 11:47:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A Nonny Moose

What a bunch of prudes!  I just tried an experiment where I provided a separate house only for every five Bannies.  After a while, there were no more children.  Good grief!?  Can't these people find each other after lights out?

Reproduction seems only to proceed if the policy is a new house for every two adults.  This seems a rather unseemly rule for a group of people who have been banished from their civilization or is this one of their problems?

Go not to the oracle, for it will say both yea and nay.

[Gone, but not forgotten. Rest easy, you are no longer banished.]
https://www.haskettfh.com/winterton-john-hensall/

Pangaea

*mumbles something about religion*

It's certainly a challenge in the game, but I do feel it stifles it more than making it challenging. The game becomes a race to build enough houses to keep the population rising, and then you need more food for the population, rinse and repeat. It would be better if people could have kids without needing a house for themselves. Think it would make the growth curves a bit more sensible, and we wouldn't see these sinus curves all the time. It makes it very tricky to have a small village and keep it stable. In the past I've tried with pop ~50 villages, but it tended to go up to 60-70, then fall down to 20-ish. Then the few people who could still have kids did, and eventually it grew back up. Repeat.

A Nonny Moose

It would seem that the game needs some sparking cars, to say the least.  For an isolated community these Bannies are not very prolific.  Births are few and far between and no multiples.  Also, there are too many deaths in childbirth.  I guess they don't have any mid-wives.
Go not to the oracle, for it will say both yea and nay.

[Gone, but not forgotten. Rest easy, you are no longer banished.]
https://www.haskettfh.com/winterton-john-hensall/

Oenanthe

I've noticed a few interesting cases, normally a woman living alone having a child, so there is definately the possibility of affairs going on. 

I also had one occasion early on an Adam and Eve start when the man and his younger son moved into the newly build hut leaving the wife alone.  A short time later both her and the woman who had moved in with the oldest son had daughters.  It then seemed obvious that the husband had found out about her 'seeing' her eldest son which was why he left her.  Who needs soap operas when you have banished.

I also want an old peoples home, the number of times I end up with half the houses taken up by people over the age of 50 and in sole occupancy.  Why can't they learn to move in together and let a younger couple have the house.

LadyMarmalade

Strangely enough i had exactly the same thing today with my current town. It's sitting nicely around the 450 population mark, about 100 of which are in school but the population is not really growing. Before I went on a house building spree I decided to check on the houses to see what was going on and was amazed that the vast majority of houses seemed to just have couples who were too old to reproduce or single old people.

I would LOVE a retirement home for my oldies! I did consider waiting til mid-winter and upgrading/knocking down all their homes in the hope that the cold weather might finish them off while they were homeless and make space for some youngsters but...at the last moment I couldnt bring myself to do it - possibly because Im past childbearing-age myself and it felt a little too close to home!
I am not a Gamer because I don't have a life but because I choose to have many.