News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Cart with Horse - Cartwheeler, Cartwright, Carter

Started by Plautus, November 27, 2015, 11:51:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plautus

I'm breeding horses in CC:EA with Kralyerg Brown Horse Livestock mod.

While horses are food when they grow up, it would be nice if you can use them during maturing. e.g. horse aging stages. Stage 1 young horse, Stage 2 work horse, Stage 3 horse for food.
You use work horse with a Cart, so the worker bring more loads faster.
Cart is build in Cartwheeler. You get another job called Cartwheeler. Building Cartwheeler can be build with wood, stones and iron. Cartwheelerneed a wood, iron and leather to make Cart. Cart is stored in Storage barn.
To use Cart you have to build a building called Cartwright with wood, stone and iron. To make Cart with Horse you need to assign a job called Cartwright. You need Cart, Rope, Horses to build Cart with Horse. ((horses in Stage 2 as work horses are treated as material??)). Cart with horse is stored in Storage barn.
Use Cart and Horse.
It will be nice if it is possible just to assign a Cart with Horse as an add job to warehouse, trading post, market, barns ... so goods and stuff is traveling faster.
Another way is to make another building Carter with behaviour simular as trade post or wharehouse and assign new job called Carter. Carter finds longest requests for goods and stuff for different buildings e.g. warehouse, trading post, market ... and deliver them.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/d6/7e/a1/d67ea191701c5096764020b377e42dc7.jpg
3D Wooden Cart Model by Soulstice3D

Gatherer

From what I understand the best that the program and modkit will allow is to replace the cart with horse. So that in-game it would look as if the citizen is moving the horse around. Now remember what happens when a fully loaded cart is carried back from a fully loaded barn.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

Gatherer

There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

Plautus

@Gatherer

I check your link, looks like RedKetchup is allready done this. Perhaps solution is to use cart with horse only on double roads ...

RedKetchup

Quote from: Plautus on November 27, 2015, 11:52:41 PM
@Gatherer

I check your link, looks like RedKetchup is allready done this. Perhaps solution is to use cart with horse only on double roads ...

first the horse cannot have any animation as 'a cart' like that. it needs to be integrated into the citizen.fbx which we dont have access (developper made it we cant open any .fbx(3D file) nor any .png(2D file)
the way i did it :  i replaced the wheelbarrow which the citizen is holding in his little hands, instead to hold the wheelbarrow it 'holds' the horse itself. so when the citizen hold the wheelbarrow in his side, upside down, it does the same for the horse (which look bad)

at the suggestion to use it only on a road or on a double road, we dont have access to that. the citizen use the wheelbarrow only when it has an higher capacity for transport materials (like a trader or a vendor which have higher capacity for transport goods)
thats the machine who decides, not us , moddlers.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .