Author Topic: Nordic Landscape  (Read 74425 times)

Online RedKetchup

• Champion
  • Banished Expert
Re: Nordic Landscape
« Reply #720 on: June 18, 2017, 07:21:20 AM »
oh snap !  ;D
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Paypal Donations < < <
Click here to PayPal Donate.

Offline Abandoned

• Advisor
  • Banished Expert
« Reply #721 on: June 18, 2017, 10:28:01 AM »
@twilightbreeze LOL, I thought the same thing at first then I remembered old relatives at family gatherings always got out the bottle of peppermint schnapps.  Personally, I'd rather have cookies.  ;D

Offline Tom Sawyer

• Modders
  • Architect
« Reply #722 on: June 18, 2017, 11:13:29 AM »
I have it from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snaps. But maybe not clear and should be renamed.. I'm always thankful for hints from native speakers!

In the German version it's Schnaps and Russian players have vodka.

Offline Nilla

• Champion
  • Banished Expert
« Reply #723 on: June 18, 2017, 11:23:44 AM »
Im pleased to see my Swedish influence! ;) Snaps is the Swedish name for a "shot" of alcohol.

Offline Abandoned

• Advisor
  • Banished Expert
« Reply #724 on: June 18, 2017, 02:36:24 PM »
Me too @Nilla , "snaps" is fine by me, I am enjoying learning about Sweden, but I would still rather have cookies.  :)

Offline twilightbreeze

• "Be Excellent to each other!" - Theodore Logan
  • Vendor
« Reply #725 on: June 21, 2017, 02:47:57 AM »
Just found out that EB's Fruit Trees Override doesn't work with The North. I chose the Everlasting version, but my orchards only last like, 10-12 years before they start decaying. I've tried it on top of the The North, per Tom's suggestion, and also just below. No difference. :( Just a heads up, I guess.
Born in 1965. Got my first computer 1984 when it was all dos. Been playing computer games and internet surfing since. SOOO much has changed!! lol.

Offline Tom Sawyer

• Modders
  • Architect
« Reply #726 on: June 21, 2017, 03:24:30 AM »
Actually I'm sure the EB mod works but only for new trees (trees planted after loading the growth overwrite on top). Next version I will increase the live time of trees to about 20 - 25 years. :)

Offline embx61

• Modders
  • Banished Expert
  • You are always on my mind, Forever in my heart
« Reply #727 on: June 21, 2017, 03:32:43 AM »
I don't know @twilightbreeze

I only changed one value in the Trees Natural Resource Template files and set the growth value to -1 from the Vanilla value 4.0 what should make the trees everlasting.
Does it work in Vanilla, or with other Mods?
I put it quick together without really testing it in a game as I believe this should work.

Code: [Select]
GrowthDescription growth
{
// maximum growth before death, -1 for ever living  <====================== Comment by Luke
float _maxGrowth = -1;  <======================== This value I changed.

// growth +- some amount
float _maxGrowthTolerance = 1.0;

// length of growth period to maturity
float _growthInMonths = 24;

// temperature dependant growth
bool _temperatureDependent = false;
float _growthTemp = 0.0;
float _growthTempRange = 0.0;

// re-seeding. Seed chance 0 means no reseeding
int _seedChance = 0;
int _seedDistance = 0;
int _seedTimeMonths = 0;
float _growthForSeeding = 0.0;

// max neighbors when reseeding
int _maxNeighbors = 1;

float _minScale = 0.2f;
}

My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory

Offline embx61

• Modders
  • Banished Expert
  • You are always on my mind, Forever in my heart
« Reply #728 on: June 21, 2017, 03:37:01 AM »
Good choice @Tom Sawyer to add that to the The North Mod.

The Vanilla live span of fruit trees (about 5 years) is a joke and while everlasting is overpowered 20 to 25 years is a very good value. :)
My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory

Online RedKetchup

• Champion
  • Banished Expert
« Reply #729 on: June 21, 2017, 03:41:27 AM »
Good choice @Tom Sawyer to add that to the The North Mod.

The Vanilla live span of fruit trees (about 5 years) is a joke and while everlasting is overpowered 20 to 25 years is a very good value. :)

20 is the number i put for my orchards/fields new type in nmt3.0:food
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Paypal Donations < < <
Click here to PayPal Donate.

Offline twilightbreeze

• "Be Excellent to each other!" - Theodore Logan
  • Vendor
« Reply #730 on: June 21, 2017, 05:20:01 AM »
I have used EB's mod in vanilla games before I installed The North and it worked fine there, and the orchard WAS a new orchard I tried AFTER I had put EB's mod on top. Now, I did take out EB's Orchard when I found it wasn't working, but if the natural time in The North is 20 years, that is reasonable. I have not tried just your North mod without EBs Orchard, so I will do that now, I am starting a new game, we'll see how long it takes. And of course, I look forward to the new update.  :)
Born in 1965. Got my first computer 1984 when it was all dos. Been playing computer games and internet surfing since. SOOO much has changed!! lol.

Offline Tom Sawyer

• Modders
  • Architect
« Reply #731 on: August 02, 2017, 11:42:34 AM »
Just want to share a video. Youtube is full of stuff but this here is well played in my opinion. It's a survivor start and can be interesting how to solve these tricky conditions. So to speak a kind of surviving walkthrough.

I'm working at version 6 for 1.0.7. With new flags and building mats of course. Can show something soon and will release when Luke comes out of beta. I also wrote him feedback about the last beta. As far as I can see the new feature is working well.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 12:58:50 PM by Tom Sawyer »

Offline Hawk

• Trader
« Reply #732 on: August 04, 2017, 03:15:22 AM »
I'm working at version 6 for 1.0.7

That's what I'm waiting for.  ;D
Hawk

Proprietor of The Hawk & Badger Railroad - for all your Railroad Tycoon 2 & 3 needs

My Internet went down for an hour so I had to talk to my family. They seem like nice people

Offline Tom Sawyer

• Modders
  • Architect
« Reply #733 on: August 04, 2017, 02:11:33 PM »
Sorry for the long wait.^^ Could not make much last weeks but will come up with version 6 soon.

Speaking about flagging, here my table of flags as it is so far and how it will look in the overview window. Just for interest and we can talk about it. In some details it differs from other mods, especially in custom7 which is not clear and will be used differently. I actually did not want money there but the townhall "chart engine" cannot handle skipped categories. Maybe I can find another way or will solve it somehow. I tried to be as close to CC as possible but also tried to avoid collection categories to get a real benefit from this nice new feature.

http://www.banishedventures.com/images/overview.png
Nordic Landscape

Offline brads3

• Banished Expert
« Reply #734 on: August 04, 2017, 02:27:11 PM »
how do you differentiate coal for fuel from coal as mineral? should glass be construction material or did you have reason for that change? salt as fabric seems odd too. i'm trying to look at EB and RED not CC by the way.