News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Request: Native american mod

Started by Turis, May 30, 2016, 12:48:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turis

Well, I don't know what else to say. From what I've seen in the late mods, it could be possible to change deer to buffalo among a lot of things. I hope some modder could make it happen in all details.

Tom Sawyer

And then they have to fight against the new railway from Mr. Red.^^

We can build an environment with sounds and so on and i think it could be a nice ambiance. Even a buffalo might be possible. But the first thing we have to do would be to remove all the buildings of the white man. The natives do not citybuilding, not even roads. Just build a few tipis or lodges. This could be boring and we would have to figure out something. There are other problems. They can't ride horses. And I dont know, if we can give the male a native look and so on. But lets talk about it. What would you want to play? The warlike Dakota on the great plains or the Last Mohican in the dark forest? :)

Turis

Tom Sawyer

Cool. So we are in the northern woods at the great lakes. We dont need horses and buffalos. Thats good. They are sedentary and do farming. Corn, pumpkin, beans and some fruits. We need maple syrup. We need traditional longhouses and wooden palisades. They can trade with the white settlers from the French, Dutch and the English. That could be the different merchants. The male texture will be shaved.  ;D

Turis

For some unknown reason, I missed your post until now.

I think it is feasible.

RedKetchup

if you want to make male shaved, you need to edit MaleCitizen.png with photoshop :)
i dont have the original one anymore but only a modified one (the egypt one we done)

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Tom Sawyer

Oh thanks! But his skin is already under my photoshop knife. It's not a nice job. Unwrapped and stretched... And the 3d model of the male is not suitable to make a great warrior from it. That will not be perfect. The female model is nice in all details. Thats the same in other games. The designers take much more time to create a perfect female body as the boring male.^^

RedKetchup

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on June 11, 2016, 12:41:59 PM
The designers take much more time to create a perfect female body as the boring male.^^

thats always been :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Abandoned

Bringing up an old topic here because it has some good points in it regarding Great Lakes Native Americans.  I myself have mentioned the wish for a Native American mod in other threads, and am hoping BL makes a modular of theirs. Besides Great Lake natives I would also like the Lakota Sioux of the Great Plains, with buffalo.  They were once a great people, do to them justice I would want the mod or mods to be as historically accurate as possible and more at one with nature before the white man descent.  I think there could be enough added to a mod to make it interesting, at least for small maps, bow makers for hunters, canoes, beads for trade, herbal remedies. 

brads3

i have a couple pieces with the CC. i do think we could do more though.the CC indian buildings require a native artifact to build.= so can not be made at game starts or early either.
how bout some preserving food by using RED's NMT pottery with it?  as my blog journey continues, the indians will toss out more ideas along the way.

Abandoned

twilightbreeze

Please, no tipi's. It's too stereotyped. And only a very few tribes actually used them. I'd prefer longhouses, and round wigwams, more tribes used those.
Got my first computer 1984 when it was all dos. Been playing computer games and internet surfing since. SOOO much has changed!! lol.

Abandoned

The Cree of the far north used bark teepees and lodges, and the Sioux and other tribes of the plains used buffalo hide teepees as well as grass houses and earth lodges.  I would most definitely want teepees included.  I believe cc mod has wigwams and long houses as well as teepees.