News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Check your AV program

Started by MJohnH, December 04, 2016, 02:53:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJohnH

I'm a recent convert to Banished. I bought it recently and have already racked up 18 hours. I thought of a few things I'd like to improve and so I thought I'd try modding the game...
Now, I've never attempted to mod a game before but I am a seasoned programmer ( Ruby on Rails + Objective-C, Cocoa) so I thought I could cope. However, I got stuck at step 1; BuildResources.bat would not run.

To cut along story short, the culprit was my Norton Anti-Virus. For some reason, it scanned the executables being created from the kit zip and deleted them as BAD.
If anybody else has a similar issue when trying to get started, check your AV program.

Does anybody know why Norton should behave like this?

TheOtherMicheal

I know I'm answering this rather late but I believe the situation is that your anti-virus is seeing the executables as displaying virus-like behaviour, so it takes a "better safe than sorry" approach and blocks them from running or quarantines them. Most AV programmes have a broad definition of what virus-like behaviour is  so they can (hopefully) detect all the minor variations in a virus.

RedKetchup

yeah AV programs dont like .bat files lol

when i ve installed the new toolkit this yesterday morning , my AV programs didnt like it . i use AVAST

so Avast people are cool though and really take care of his people ^^
my Avast AV program took a copy of the tool-x64.exe and sent it to them .... and i ve got to configure my AV to "ignore" this file...

but 2 hrs later , my Avast program popup and told me : We have verify to file and we are happy to tell you : your file is totally safe !!!!!!!!!

ROFL
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .