News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Borrowing a wheelbarrow?

Started by Kaldir, June 04, 2014, 10:52:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaldir

My impression was that only traders and vendors used wheelbarrows to transport goodies. This is also what I read on the Banished Wiki. On that same wiki page, it says a regular citizen can carry 100 weight, while the vendor and trader can carry 500 because of that wheelbarrow.

I found this builder that borrowed a wheelbarrow somewhere to transport 20 Iron Tools (combined weight of 200, according to the wiki). As far as I could tell, this builder was not a vendor/trader that just swapped jobs, but has been a steady builder for quite a while.

Can others besides vendors and traders use wheelbarrows, or should I punish (banish?) this citizen for breaking the law?

Bobbi

Maybe someone felt sorry for her because she wasn't feeling very well, and loaned her a wheelbarrow.

Kaldir

My theory is that she wasn't feeling well because she stole that wheelbarrow. The guilt cost her two hearts.

salamander

My kids used to push the wheelbarrow around the yard when they weren't much taller than it was ... they thought it was great fun (I guess).  So, give her a break, she's just out for a joyride.

ertira

I had read somewhere in a Banished forum, which one I have no clue though. The author of the post was trying to make all of his citizens traders and vendors at one time or another in order to have them use a wheelbarrow in their normal non trader/vendor job. I thought it was interesting but got into other things until I seen this post. I wonder if that would work. Miners/stoneworkers moving 500lbs sounds kind of nice.