News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Startup

Started by kee, June 05, 2014, 09:29:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kee

I just realised that the founding fathers of our villages is also in the mapseed- that is, with the same mapseed you will get the same people to start with. And I've only been playing some 96 hours...
Kim Erik

solarscreen

That's a very interesting find.  Hopefully we will get some verification from others on this.
Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics

kee

Of course, it might be just chance. Weird if 13 names would be equal at two startups, though. It was two completely identical maps btw- no change in climate, size etc.
Kim Erik

slink

I noticed once that exactly the same child came of age at exactly the same time, on multiple restarts with the same seed and conditions.

Kaldir

Interesting find indeed.

I made a who-is-who screenshot of my current town when I started it, and just now restarted the same seed and indeed: exactly identical citizens.

Edit 1: with different Season and Disaster options, it's still identical citizens. They even all start at the same spot on the ground.

Edit 2: if you switch from Valleys to Mountains you get different citizens (and a different map ofcourse).

slink

I just tested it on kee's story challenge, using a different version of the game with his seed and conditions.  I got the same names with 1.0.0 and he did with 1.0.3 (or possibly 2).

rkelly17

So, the conclusion is that everything about the map, including people, is in the seed?

Bobbi

That has been my experience, when restarting the same seed

solarscreen

Wow!  Very interesting!
Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics

slink

Kind of limiting, with only 999,999,999 worlds to play.   ;D  But seriously, it did surprise me a little bit.  Dwarf Fortress generates your starting party independent of the map seed.  Of course, Dwarf Fortress gives you a lot of things that are different from Banished, so that's not a big deal.  Just a little surprising.