Started by kid1293, January 16, 2017, 12:22:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kid1293

Soon to be released.
A little bit more do.

QueryEverything

[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

kid1293

You're free to test now! :) :)

thelly

Hi, I just wanted to say thankyou to the many wonderful, imaginative and very creative and  talented modders at World of Banished. I use and enjoy your wonderful additions to my game almost everyday.   Thanks Everyone. :) ;) :D ;D :-*

kid1293

Well, since this is a general thread I can ask a question here.
I have two new trees but I don't understand what I shall do with them.  :D
They do not look like they belong in cold climate. They are too big to put
in an orchard. (If you think they look like bananas or something).

If you build a bench they're perfect for a spot to relax on.

Abandoned

Don't know if this would be possible, what about a nesting tree that produces wild bird eggs to gather.  Maybe put a few of the chicken nests on the branches for deco purposes. 

kid1293

I like the idea but it would be hard to make a mod that only picks out
the eggs not the tree. And it would look strange if you cut down a tree
to get to the nest.
A workplace producing eggs? Will look equally strange with a person
standing beneath the tree and 'collecting' lots of eggs from the same tree.

edit - there could be a grove with a person going from tree to tree...

Abandoned

How about adding wild seed and firewood twigs?

Edit: or an enchanted tree producing random fruits or nuts?  and firewood twigs.

kid1293

I will look into the possibility to collect bird eggs.
I have to contact Black Liquid Team (Colonial Charter)
They have a way to produce and gather new stuff.
Then I could make the 'nests' invisible and have a
bird sanctuary with a gatherer going in a large radius.

But do we want that?

I think @tanypredator could make a more compatible mod
since she has the trees as starting points for her New Flora.
She could also add twigs as product from her gatherers.

But, as I said, I will check if my thoughts are possible to
follow up on.

Abandoned

A bird sanctuary would fit perfect with what I have in mind for a storyline with Deep Forest.  Hmm, an egg gatherer, a large radius. These are trees that can't be planted or cut?  It would fit the forest theme of living off the land better than a pasture of chickens.  Hmm

We could use some more opinions.

I really like tanypredator's New Flora, I suggested firewood twigs to be added. 

brads3

ideas similar to this have been discussed at CC with pine pitch,maple sap,etc. the problem is u have a limit of 1 item per square. so a gatherer has "x" amount of squares. the more items u set the gatherer to pick up the less likely u will get "y"item.say u have 10 items ,u have a 1/10 chance of getting each item on that square.hence u will get more different items but less of each item.we are up to how many items for a gatherer now? blueberry,roots,ginger,mushroom,onion.then add firewood,logs,deer,furs<if we get a fur trapper>,pine pitch/needles,maple sap,bees,roses,oats,flax<if u added those mods>,wild apples.wild eggs,ducks,etc. see where the problem lies??  we have 18+ items. the gatherer has how many spaces?

the only solution i came up with is a woodland mod. this gives the workers the space to run around so they look like they are gathering from the forrest. wher as with a building ,the worker works near it. i think it has to be ghosted,so u can add buildings to it. or can we make a large patch with an empty center space so we can add buildings in the center?the other thing is it almost has to be a modular set. 1 worker would give u say 4 items.as u add workers,u would want and expect more items. and i don't think there is a way to do that.unless  it was set for all the different items and the 1st worker just brought u less of a total.but that total is still limited by the number of squares and  the items u get is completely random.
with a woodland idea the worker can do work all over the woods. create a lodge in the middle for storage.and then various trees and bushes in the forrest part.maybe some animals<rabbit,foxes,bear,etc>for a fur trapper,bees,birds,etc. i suppose you could do parts and set 1 to bees,birds.and 1 to pine,maple sap,apples.say 4 versions of 20x20. then a player could arrange them around a small village. i'm not A modder so i am not sure  rather the items are from the gatherer or just grow based on the map. if its set up by the gatherer.then u could do a modular set using a hunting lodge as the center. plan the ends for a hunter and a gatherer,add a upstairs residence. then design a couple new getherer buildings for honey,wild eggs,apples,furs,etc. i think this way is harder to design but gives the modder more controls. does away with the number of squares limits since it can be set to produce what item and how much more specifically.
    it would a huge project and could expand several ways since we have different modders with varrying ideas. TANDY,KIDD,TOM,RED,NECORA,etc.

tanypredator

I was thinking about bird nests, but as an addition to wild birds, which I cannot make because of problems with blender and animated model export.

The same problem will be with new trees - they would need "falling when cut" animation. Or they can be made without animation, but that will look strange. And they would require a new start conditions to grow in forest.

Maybe they can be made as a new plant, spawned by trees, and spawning nests by themselves, but I don't know if it is possible.

kid1293

@brads3 - You are right! There are and will be too many things on the ground.

Some new approach is needed. Maybe a collection of small production units to
replace the gatherer. One unit could produce 3-4 different things.

And @tanypredator , those small units could be something from nature to fit in
with the forest. That way you can have - a tree and a small table - as 'building'
You don't have to make the tree fall and still get variation and full control where
to place it.

When I heard of bird's nests I though of a group of trees with several 'use_xxx' points
to make the egg gatherer go from tree to tree. Having a small area (about 7x7)
and getting the same as a pasture for chickens and looking good at the same time. :)

I wish for animated birds but I have the same problem with Blender.

elemental

I just posted over on the CC forum about water plants. How about some duckweed, water lilies, water hyacinth and that sort of thing? Purely for decoration.

Abandoned

Well, I am still thinking more along the lines of a single magical looking tree or tree house that would work like Santa's workshop or DS Styth Tower (which has no worker standing outside) that would produce random fruits, nuts, bird eggs, firewood.  Magic fruit tree with magician or enchanted tree house with enchanter or conjurer.  Maybe a picket fence around the base of magical looking tree.