Started by solarscreen, February 07, 2017, 07:32:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

solarscreen

Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

solarscreen

Good!  I have been lurking, checking in from time to time, running updates and pruning the site from time to time. 
I haven't had a lot of playing time in awhile; life has been keeping me busy!  Thought I would ease back into the forum and see what's going on and try to get some playing time in again.

I see you have been keeping things running while I've been quiet.  Nice work! 

Quote from: RedKetchup on February 07, 2017, 08:20:08 AM
Hey ! Hi @solarscreen :)

How are you going ??

RedKetchup

Quote from: solarscreen on February 07, 2017, 08:26:51 AM
Good!  I have been lurking, checking in from time to time, running updates and pruning the site from time to time. 
I haven't had a lot of playing time in awhile; life has been keeping me busy!  Thought I would ease back into the forum and see what's going on and try to get some playing time in again.

I see you have been keeping things running while I've been quiet.  Nice work! 

oh ya ! still very active... i keep them buzy :)
but now i am far to be alone now ! we have GREAT GREAT talents in here now :)

and also, we have more poeple online too :)
QuoteMost Online Today: 103. Most Online Ever: 142 (January 11, 2017, 06:31:41 PM)

thats awesome !

btw.... @solarscreen  talking about... server maintenance....
it doesnt happends you have an update for the forum for people to "Like" or "dislike" posts ? something like that ? a feature so people can vote ?

solarscreen

If people really want the Like / Dislike "voting" feature, I can add it on. 

RedKetchup

Quote from: solarscreen on February 07, 2017, 09:17:11 AM
If people really want the Like / Dislike "voting" feature, I can add it on.

sweet. many people asked for it :) and i agree. it is a good feature :)

Tom Sawyer

It's up to you as admins but do we really need a like system? I like WOB as open and neutral discussion board for Banished modding. Slim, clear and without social media gimmicks. It's a very nice and variegated community here. No need to like or dislike our content and opinions via buttons. Better to talk about it. Just my thought. :)

kid1293

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on February 07, 2017, 09:46:49 AM
It's up to you as admins but do we really need a like system? I like WOB as open and neutral discussion board for Banished modding. Slim, clear and without social media gimmicks. It's a very nice and variegated community here. No need to like or dislike our content and opinions via buttons. Better to talk about it. Just my thought. :)

I like that!

QueryEverything

@Tom Sawyer @solarscreen (hi there :)) @RedKetchup & @kid1293

I think a "like" feature is a great idea. Sometimes when we're scrolling through a topic and there are some awesome points made, or even better, screenshots of WIP and then of course the release announcements, it's doesn't hurt to press "like" and create a little bit of feedback, and love, for the devs work.  Especially for those that don't post all of the time, they read and leave, it might be an easy way to get them to engage with a post.

Not so keen on a 'dislike' or downgrading system, as I had thought it would be more about positive feedback, certainly don't want a reddit style feedback system, just more like the one over at BL site. 

I don't think 'liking' a post by an author would change the way the board works, or cause an issue, or take any neutrality away. 

I see so many posts that are read X times, but only 2 or 3 people engaging in the conversation, or even the downloads section, the download has been viewed X times, downloaded Y times, but only 3 people leave feedback, I think the problem is that there is less engagement with the devs, and that's why I think it's important that even if just a simple 'like' is placed, that may be just a way to show some love.  :D
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Paeng

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on February 07, 2017, 09:46:49 AMNo need to like or dislike our content and opinions via buttons. Better to talk about it.

My sentiments precisely...  :)

Like/dislike buttons don't do anything to further communication - people need to use real words to express a wide range of feelings,  best in full sentences...  ;)

[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

Abandoned

I agree too, no need for forum change.  Speaking of change, is this update going to mean a lot of mod changes and updates? 

brads3

abandoned don't say such scary things.it'll probly kill all our other mods, me hopes not. but it should make new stuff better anf hopefully help organize toolbars.

Paeng

Quote from: Abandoned on February 07, 2017, 01:57:41 PMSpeaking of change, is this update going to mean a lot of mod changes and updates?

In short: Yes.

Every mod that wants to use these new limits will need to be updated. And I bet they all want to...
That's tough, but they (we) all will benefit from it...  :)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

purringcat

I hope you discuss having like/dislike buttons before implementing them.    Personally am opposed to them, especially the dislike button.   Constructive comments win over a button every time.   

I'm just thrilled to see all the custom content and know how much effort goes into creating it.       

RedKetchup

well... i am kinda alone to like the like button LOL