News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Mod Discussions 1.0.7

Started by RedKetchup, February 16, 2017, 03:48:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raven Zeroheart

@embx61
been read that too a day ago (before I really put my initial mod into the main game) tried to edit the Storage Cart volume and tried to pack it into one .pkm with Storage Barn. the first step generating the . pkm was worked as usual. but when I excuted the command to packing them as the "how to" page you just mention, didn't really work for me. the DOS didn't recognize (bla bla bla. I forgot what it said) maybe it's just my bad luck. anyway, thank you very much for respinding and trying to help. really appreciate it. if you have any other ideas for my problem, I still gonna try it, though.  :)

kid1293

Do you have any other mods loaded?
They maybe change the same things you do, the one on top of load list wins.
Put your mod first in mod load menu. Maybe it works.

Raven Zeroheart

@kid1293
yes indeed, I have CCJ and MM since they represented most if not all the mods out there. and yea, I've placed my mod above them too. still nothing worked. I disable those 2 mods and let my only mod active. still not working. but the Override.pkm as @embx61 suggested does working without CC and MM activated. (it didn't when those 2 activated). if my mod still premature, why does it working in the Kit?

tanypredator

Have you tried to just repeat example mods from slink? Just to test if you are doing all needed things. Sorry, I can't help much, since I've never ever tried to use mods inside Kit. Maybe you are calling something that is there, but must be copied into mod folder to work outside Kit. Why don't you upload your mod folder here, so we can look at it for mistakes?

Raven Zeroheart

@tanypredator
Now that you mention it. it kinda feels like I was calling something that's actually there. but I wonder why the .pkm was created. I'm just a noob that is really know nothing in this modding thing. big 0 experience. I don't even make mod folder. should I make one?

tanypredator

Don't you have a folder with your changed barn file, Package.rsc, Build.bat, icon? That is what I called mod folder. If you make zip archive with its content and attach it to your comment, one of us may look at it to try find a mistake.

Raven Zeroheart

@tanypredator
no I don't have it. so it's clear that I did it wrong. all that new to me is Build.bat you just mentioned. so all this hours I misunderstood about everything. Slink's guidance is great. but it seems like I can't even make the override.bat (as what's there) run properly even though I did step by step as mentioned. Could you or anyone please fill me about this making mods? just the most simple one like this limit resource I'm trying to do and I can't thank you enough. really need it. somehow I always messed up my village and start over again because of this little thing  :'(

tanypredator

Well, you should have a folder, like this (F:\games\banishedmod\modding\BanishedKit). Inside it you make new folder, named as your mod name, e.g. BigBarn. And you have to put some files it this folder to make it work, you can see one of my mods, for example (https://www.dropbox.com/s/c19gycao41nwp0e/VillageSchool.rar?dl=0). You will not need any models or buttons, if I understand right, you even don't need any UI, so leave only Template folder (and, maybe, Dialog, I'm not sure). And change everything to your purpose.

How did you made .pkm without all this, I wonder :)

Raven Zeroheart

@tanypredator
okay I tried again. this time I made my own folder within the Kit. dir should be C:\BanishedKit\zeromod
as you said I'm attaching the folder along with the .pkm that was generated from the process.
oh and still can't work as it suppose to be. downloaded your file but I haven't seen it yet. surely gonna do it right away, though.

And I saw it already. I did what's your Build.bat command manually, that's why I don't have it. I mean, you know one command after another.
if you see what's inside my folder. my build.bat command should be like

C:\BanishedKit\bin\x64\Tools-x64.exe /build limitResources.rsc:storage /pathres ../zeromod/limitresource /pathdat ../zeromod/limitresource/bin
C:\BanishedKit\bin\x64\Tools-x64.exe /mod Package.rsc:storageBarn /pathres ../zeromod/limitresource /pathdat ../zeromod/limitresource/bin

am I right?

tanypredator

Ok. Build.bat is what you need. You take one from my mod, change its format to .txt, change all names to yours, than change back to .bat, and run. Then your mod must appear at folder like F:\games\banishedmod\modding\BanishedKit\bin\WinData. In your mod folder you better delet "bin" folder after each run, otherwise you couldn't run it again if changed.

embx61

I did not test it but it looks okay

If you make a override there is no need to copy the whole vanilla storagebarn file

You only need the storage part of that file so delete all the rest.

StorageDescription storage
{
RawMaterialFlags _storageFlags = Edible | Tool | Health | Clothing | Textile;
bool _areaBasedLimit = false;
bool _available = false;
int _volumeLimit = 60000;
}

Also make sure that Capital letters have to be the same in many cases. So if in limitresources file it says storageBarn then also in the package file it must be the same.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

Raven Zeroheart

@tanypredator of course I did that as fast as I saw your file. and as usual the .pkm is generated but no effect (now in Kit's game). as like my second tried with seperated folder just now. completely no effect in the Kit's game

@embx61 is it really okay with that? I'll try it

Raven Zeroheart

@tanypredator @embx61
still no luck after tried everything that you guys told. make the Build.bat and deleted the whole vanilla code except for the part that I've been told just now. yet, the storage volume in-game just wont change

also, I forgot to mention it earlier. in the Build.bat command. when I make it like build limitResources.rsc:storage the command chrashed. but when I delete storage, the command worked with .StorageBarn.pkm in the WinData file but with no effect at all to the game. anything wrong with the command

embx61

Yes that is how you do a override.

You only need the part what you make a change in.

It is smaller file and you tell the compiler you only changed the storage part and nothing else :)
If someone else make a change in another part then your file could overwrite his/hers because you included the whole file.

You did the "Template/StorageBarn.rsc:storage", exactly right.

The :storage part tells the compiler that you only made a change to this part. So even when you added the whole file it will still work but it is just neater to delete all the rest.

If you should have written "Template/StorageBarn.rsc", so without :storage it expects the whole storagebarn file.

So you can change some parts of files.
In the same file you could change the build part.
BuildDescription build
{
int _workRequired = 60;

BuildRequirement _buildRequirement
[
{
ComponentDescription _rawMaterial = "Template/RawMaterialWood.rsc";
int _count = 48;
}
{
ComponentDescription _rawMaterial = "Template/RawMaterialStone.rsc";
int _count = 16;
}
]
}

Then were you put Template/StorageBarn.rsc:storage", you add Template/StorageBarn.rsc:build",

The storagebarn file then contains only the storage and the build part. the rest can be deleted.

embx61

@Raven Zeroheart

When you start your game it already has a barn build? The game will not recognize the change in the already build barn at new map start.

Build another barn and see if that makes the storage 60000.