News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Mod Discussions 1.0.7

Started by RedKetchup, February 16, 2017, 03:48:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

most mods can be used together as most mods just add buildings.even if mods turn red they may work together.general rule is the mod closest to the top of the order takes control and loads 1st and over rides the mod below. as to your question with RED's training camp that is not a conflict. its an illusion so to speak,lol. the animals are hunted but you will not see the animals running around. the game has many limits to what can be modded. the codes to make animals run around is not well understood. hence there are few animals that do move around:chickens,cows,pigs,sheep,deer and ducks,lhamas,horses. the training camp lookout towers are great for hunting as they are not dependant on other factors that would limit the production. it is understod the hunters spot animals from the tower and go hunt them.you will see meat carcasses near the tower on the ground as they are hunted.if you click on the tower and check its production,you should see items the hunter has found. including furs and leather as well as various meats.they will be random amounts from yr to yr. the tree of life mod i have not used. in the description it should list the animals that it brings to the game and those are most likely animated. it and the training camp should not affect each other. the tower hunter of the training camp will let the animals from the tree of life mod walk right by him and not hunt them.nor will the tree of life gatherer or hunter find bears or pheasants.

RedKetchup

Quote from: adelegarland on February 21, 2017, 11:26:38 AM
I'm very confused...   I'm kind of a novice although I've been playing a long time...   I've used Tree of life to add in other species and the Adam and Eve start up. Most of the new animals from the training camp and the butcher shop won't show up in the game.    I don't understand, do I need to use only one  person's mods to make it work?   Do i need to use other peoples specific mods to make it work...   I've got about 100 mods installed, most showing red on the Mod list....   but not crashing.  I LOVE the new stuff!!!   want to use it!!!  Just don't understand which ones go with which others.   HELP!
BTW: not using cc or north...

the animals from training camp and butcher shop arent "new animals" they are only " new resources and new meat" created from nothing, created from "thin air" as some say.
so in your game you will never "see" bears, hare, pheasant roaming around your map :( only the meat exist, not the animals.

create new animals roaming around : nobody (nobody whos makes mods for this game) knows how to make new animated animals, unfortunatly.
i wish to learn it , cause this game presently lack so much of new animals and thats what is hurting alot this game now.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Tom Sawyer

I don't know where the crashes are caused exactly if CC and North are loaded together @kralyerg and @brads3. It's just a strange mix of clashing content and a nightmare to solve something there by overwrites or so. Better to choose one of them as main mod when starting a new game for a consistent environment and then adding suitable building mods. For example my red cottages including barns, village shop and so on. The water mill is even balanced for CC if loaded as single mod. This way it is possible to build almost all buildings on one map and it works without crashes or strange things. Vice versa it's very cool to add your Minibuildings to the North for early game survival. I also would like to see some of your houses to build in the Nordic scenery and Hawk was asking about this red wooden bridge for example. Would be nice for players to have some more options like this.

adelegarland

Quote from: RedKetchup on February 21, 2017, 12:20:02 PM
the animals from training camp and butcher shop arent "new animals" they are only " new resources and new meat" created from nothing, created from "thin air" as some say.
so in your game you will never "see" bears, hare, pheasant roaming around your map :( only the meat exist, not the animals.

create new animals roaming around : nobody (nobody whos makes mods for this game) knows how to make new animated animals, unfortunatly.
i wish to learn it , cause this game presently lack so much of new animals and thats what is hurting alot this game now.
Thanks, Red.   I understand that I won't see the new animals, but my hunters aren't finding them.   Also, I have Slinks Hogs and the butcher won't recognize the pork they produce as usable.  It works with the beef from the cattle and your new cattle, nothing else so far.

Do I need to use a specific hunter mod to trap these new animals? 
when you make these wonderful mods, are you also using the CC Addition?  Maybe I need that to make things work better? 
I am not a crazy cat lady...  I'm THE Crazy Cat Lady.

RedKetchup

you need to build Watching towers and assign hunters to them :) (only the hunters assigned to Watching Tower will find them and get the meat)
Watching towers are from Training Camp : Main
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

adelegarland

Great!   I'll try that!!  thanks so much!
:D

kralyerg

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on February 21, 2017, 12:22:28 PM
I don't know where the crashes are caused exactly if CC and North are loaded together.

I'm working on updating CC for 1.0.7, but after that, when we start work on the next real release, I'll take a closer look at the conflicts and see what can be done.

adelegarland

;D Thanks to all the Modders for the last bunch of Mods! 
1.07 is a bit trickier to use as a gamer not a modder.   
One suggestion I would make: Consistency in where the new mods end up.   In each of your Name/Icon categories, it would be easier if ALL housing was under housing, not split up by collection.  Same for storage, food production, etc.   It would make things easier for us gamers if when we download our newest favorite from out favorite modder, we can find it right away.   Sometimes I download new faves and can't find them.  then the toolbar gets so complicated that I forget where it is once I did find it!  LOL   
::) OK, I admit, I'm older and cant keep stuff straight anymore...  But I'm sure that when anyone downloads a warehouse, and has to click one or two tabs to find it, the community will be happier!   

Just a thought and again, thanks guys! (and gals) :-*

ancientmuse

QuoteOne suggestion I would make: Consistency in where the new mods end up.   In each of your Name/Icon categories, it would be easier if ALL housing was under housing, not split up by collection.  Same for storage, food production, etc.   It would make things easier for us gamers if when we download our newest favorite from out favorite modder, we can find it right away

I actually prefer the collections to have their own toolbar buttons.

This way, if I'm making a town that I want all matchy matchy (same look and textures) then I find it way easier to click on the collection and make my choices from there (houses, production, etc).

I would find it way more frustrating if I had to click on houses, find the specific style/texture I was looking for amongst the other 30 house types to choose from... and then go to production and have to dig through the gazillion designs there to find the same style/texture to coincide with my houses, and so on and so forth.

To me that would be a lot of hunting and digging around all over the place to get my town looking cohesive... personally speaking, I'm sooooo happy for those collection toolbar buttons !

Just my $.02 worth.

;D

Paeng

Quote from: ancientmuse on February 23, 2017, 08:57:38 PMpersonally speaking, I'm sooooo happy for those collection toolbar buttons!

Same here... by now I spent many hours with the new system and it all starts falling into place, as more and more things are added to the individual collections.

Quoteif I'm making a town that I want all matchy matchy (same look and textures) then I find it way easier to click on the collection and make my choices from there (houses, production, etc).

Yeah, all the collections have their own distinct style - in the long run I find it easier to go through e.g. Kid's collection and pick a Colonial house than digging thru one bar with dozens of different houses to find that one house I'm looking for...

Give it some time until it's all complete, and a little time to get familiar  :)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

adelegarland

Don't get me wrong, I DO like the toolbars by individual, but I think each of them should be broken down by the original categories,  RedKetchup seems to be doing this and I find all his goodies in the proper place.  If I need his watchtower for hunting, I know to find it in the food tab.  If I want a tailor, I look in the material production tab...  EASY!
Just Sayin'
::)

Abandoned

I am noticing that some product statistic boxes are now listing 12 rows even if building only produces 1 item.  See attached picture.  Not shown, the vanilla forester is normal but vanilla gatherer shows 12. I am wondering if this is being caused by a mod or has something to do with the new 1.0.7 toolkit or flags.  I did not update my game but am using several mods for 1.0.7.  The oversize info boxes, especially when unnecessary, make comparisons very difficult.  Wondering if anyone else has noticed this.

Necora

Quote from: Abandoned on February 28, 2017, 12:42:12 PM
I am noticing that some product statistic boxes are now listing 12 rows even if building only produces 1 item.  See attached picture.  Not shown, the vanilla forester is normal but vanilla gatherer shows 12. I am wondering if this is being caused by a mod or has something to do with the new 1.0.7 toolkit or flags.  I did not update my game but am using several mods for 1.0.7.  The oversize info boxes, especially when unnecessary, make comparisons very difficult.  Wondering if anyone else has noticed this.

I was a bit confused when you said you saw 12 lines for the fisheries because I didn't remember putting 12 lines in them. I think it must be a new thing with 107 because I definitely didn't add 12 lines to any of my production dialogs, mainly because I don't know how!

kid1293

Someone has evidently changed the original Production.rsc (in Dialog directory)
and put in 12 lines instead of vanilla 4. That's the only way to add lines.
But you better just copy Production.rsc and rename it to use it in your mod.
You call your own version and avoid conflict with Gatherer (the only with 4 lines,
all else are 1 or 2)
Many new mods also call the 4 line menu and so they become 12.

elemental

I think it's one of Discrepancy's mods that did that.