News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Billboard material

Started by Necora, March 24, 2017, 09:22:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Necora

Hey all,

Another tree related question. I use the billboard material for the leaves/fruits of my new trees, the foliage material for the branches, and a standard material for the trunk.

It looks fantastic in game.... when you look from the front view. When you spin around, the leaves shrink making the trees look rather empty from the back, then grow again around the front.

I'm sure it is something I'm doing with the UV map, but I am not sure what exactly. Anyone else had this issue? How did you unwrap channel 3 to prevent this? They move well in the wind, and they disappear/appear in fall/spring, they are just screwy with the camera angle.

RedKetchup

i dunno i have very hard to make foliage... unless they have around 5000 polygons

for me billboard... billboardevergreen... foliage.... they all have obscur attributes.
but i dont get the thing you asked and said "turn camera and they are empty again from the back"
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Bartender

What does your UV map look like exactly? Something I thought of is that if you have it completely spread out, then it might be that one of the points is close or on the 0,0 point.

Necora

So FYI - I fixed this. The screwy view with the camera angle was a result of the billboard material, but only because I had less stuff on the back side of the trees. I thickened them out a bit, and now you don't notice it. I also use project from view while looking down on the top of the tree, and moved the whole stack of UV coordinates to be centered on 0'0. This also helped, before they were reset unwrapped that made every face a big square. Just in-case anyone has the same issue!