News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Maritimes Trees

Started by Necora, March 25, 2017, 09:22:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gatherer

I'm running New Flora above Maritime Pine Set so I don't get any chanterelles, fiddle heads and beaver lodges.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

QueryEverything

Hi @Necora thanks for the answer, which is what I thought - I don't need both.

Given that I do run NF & NatDiv, I have been using both as I want the background trees, but I want the natural resources of the other 2 mods, to have the best of both worlds. 
The work around is - if I want Maritimes items I have to plant Maritimes Foresters (which I'm ok with), and just harvest the other resources outside the Foresters radius.

I normally load in the screenshot "a" order, and I Native resources from NatDv & NF, your resources on planting.

@Gatherer you can have the best of both worlds.  You can run NF, NatDiv and Maritimes Pine Set and get all the items, it's just that you will only get the Maritimes items when you plant a forester & gatherer, no items at startup.
If you load the mods in my screenshot "a" you will get it all.  :)

**  What I have since confirmed, you can run Maritimes Pines without Maritimes Trees and still get the Maritimes Trees at startup - just no goodies.
So, the screenshot below will also work, without enabling Maritimes Trees :)  Screenshot dated 20170518
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Gatherer

This is my load order:
NF
Pine Set
Maritimes Trees
NatDiv

I have built Pine Set maple and vanilla foresters. Also Pine gatherer and still don't get that stuff.

I also have Season FX above all of those; though I'm not sure if that has any effect.
Fiat panis.

QueryEverything

Hi @Gatherer using the load order below (screenshots), I have been able to harvest from both Pine & Maple Foresters & Gatherers.
I am also able to harvest other resources from NF & NatDiv in other parts of the map (in fact, I cleared the land entirely before planting the Maple Foresters etc), and there weren't any problems.

Have you got the most recent updates to all mods?

Are you able to post a screenshot of your mod order?

Are you running Banished 1.07?

[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Gatherer

I think there is some misunderstanding here. I do get maple sap and cranberries and such, just no fiddleheads, chanterelles and beaver lodges.

http://shrani.si/?1e/c3/86gMNpF/gmlo01.jpgRe: Maritimes Trees

And yes, I am running 1.0.7.
Fiat panis.

brads3

the seasonFX should only change the looks of crop fields with the other mods. i don't use the flora mod so i can't help much. did you try to move it below the pine? i have tried several different mods and orders with the NAT DIV and pine mods. those 2 work together but don't allow other mods to work with them. seems you give up something to add a different mod. plus it limits the start settings too. for now it is a give and take situation. maybe in time they will find a way to add the new flora to the other 2 mods. hopefully also,CC gives us more options to use for starts like the forts and the shipwreck.

Gatherer

I've disabled SeasonFX for a quick test. It didn't work.

But I've found other problems. 5 mods show as versions 0 in mod list: Maritimes Sherbrooke Village, Maritimes Decorations, Maritimes Dock Set, An Empty Square and DSSV: Production - Beta 3

These are all the latest updates. File sizes all check out, downloads were complete. They do work fine ingame though.
Fiat panis.

brads3

if they are showing version 0 and working that would be very odd. normally version 0 means they short-loaded. another words,when you downloaded them they stopped short of 100% so you only have partial files.i have heard anywhere from 30% and up. mine nomally did it near 90%.  definetly would redownload those files. if you are using the pine and the Maritime tree mod than you will still have the trees. if you have old versions still enabled then those you might be seeing also.

Necora

@Gatherer and @brads3

The version number in the mod list is not an issue, it is a mistake on my part. In the package file, the line where you type the version number, I have typed 'V102' etc. for these mods. It would seem that the mod kit does not recognize any non numeric values in this line and displays them as '0' instead. But annoyingly it didn't give an error, and I never noticed it when I test them. Long short, there isn't a problem with the downloads.

I don't know what SeasonFX is, so I can't comment on that :(

So to answer the original issue, @Gatherer , you won't get them all. The following resources are spawned by the 'NaturalResourceTree.rsc' file...

• Beaver Lodge = Pelt
  • Blueberry Bush= Blueberries
  • Cranberry Bush= Cranberries
  • Chanterelle Patch = Chanterelles
  • Fiddlehead Fern = Fiddleheads
  • Fox Hole = Fur
  • Grouse Nest = Eggs
  • Rabbit Hole = Game

The 'NaturalResourceTree.rsc' file is the same one that is used in the New Flora mod to give the oats, flax, roses, and bees. So if you have New Flora above the Pine Set, the trees on the map to start, and those grown by the vanilla forester will only produce the New Flora resources which are harvested by the vanilla gatherer. These will also be grown by the pine version of the vanilla forester and the pine gatherer. If you use the Pine Set above New Flora, then you will get the above mentioned Pine Set resources but not the New Flora ones.

Now, the pine set resources mentioned above, the raw materials that are produced when these are harvested are all available elsewhere, apart from the Fiddleheads. So the trapper chains with their traps should produce plenty of fur, pelts, game, and eggs from the Pine Forester and Maple Forester forests, although they spawn specific trap models rather than the more natural models of beaver lodges and fox holes. The only thing above that cannot be produced elsewhere is the Fiddleheads.

So in short, the two mods can be used together, just beware of what natural resources will be produced. Obviously, if you want the New Flora stuff, use it above the Pine Set, otherwise it is pointless having it loaded because nothing will appear.

One other important factor though, is that when it comes to the Flax chain, the New Flora mod is not compatible with the maritimes (or with CC). See the attached flow diagram for compatibility of flax between the two mods. In short, they don't work.

brads3

seasonFX only shows coflict with the NAT DIV and it is a environment resource crs. i put mine below the NAT DIv and the only thing i use it for is to give a better look to the crop fields.
  NECORa any idea when you will be updating the pine mod? i did find the links to the cliffs and sherbrook and the riffle. i was going to update all of them at once if it isn't going to be too long. how you liking this heat wave the last 2 days? it is too early to be in the 90's.

Necora

@brads3 I'm working on it. The Pine Set is a bit of a behemoth... I am going through it alphabetically and so far am at 'Pine Cabin' .... so I've done 2 parts of it. A lot to go... I am doing some updates to the models to make them a but taller so they fit better with other mods. But this really just the cabins, church, school, and town hall so it shouldn't take too long.

And yeah, it is crazy hot. 32 Degrees Celsius here today, that is what, 90 F?

brads3

lol 32??? that is freezing. 32 is freeze point for water. seriously it is probably 80-85 though. in about 3 hours it will start to cool down. it kicked me in the head enough yesterday being out in that sun. no there is no hurry to it,i was just curious. glad to hear you are working on the building sizes too. did you have any luck with the oldgrowth trees file?

Necora

Celsius my friend, we work in different currency to you ;) so it is about 90 F in American speak. Hot either way!

I am increasing the height, the Sherbrooke set has had all houses made a bit taller so they can blend better with things like Kid's colonial houses. I'm going to do the same with all of the pine set stuff too, it also makes them look nicer/you can see more detail as otherwise the awnings etc. completely cover the fronts.

As for the old growth, I don't have time for that right now. It will have to wait for the fall, unless bartender and despo decide to go ahead with it in the mean time.

QueryEverything

@Necora I was wondering, whilst you are updating the Pine Set houses (or perhaps roadmapping for further housing), is there a way to add a couple of 2x2 house variants?  For the smaller families, in the little out posts, to fit in with the rest of the 2x2 buildings that you have.

Like an 'attachment' to the Forester building, or a camp shack, even an extension for the larger ones?
Or, if you don't want to go that small (please? ;) ) how about a long 4x2 (3x2 would work with the food storage 1x2 next to it) that runs along the road, so it has a front awning on the 4 side? 

Like a loggers retreat, or harvesters home, hunters den, even something to go near the lovely PEI fisheries buildings. 
Small family, small footprint, I figure a family of 4.  Mum & Dad, twins in bunks, wash room & family, eating room :D
Medium heating, as it's small and the small wood burner would heat that area well.  :D

Nilla

Quote from: QueryEverything on May 18, 2017, 06:09:19 PM
@Necora I was wondering, whilst you are updating the Pine Set houses (or perhaps roadmapping for further housing), is there a way to add a couple of 2x2 house variants?  For the smaller families, in the little out posts, to fit in with the rest of the 2x2 buildings that you have.

I find that would be too small. How large is one tile in real? 1,5 meter at the most. Not much space for any "rooms" there. ;)