Previous topic - Next topic

embx61

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

RedKetchup

looks awesome :)

question: is the water compatible with the other water sources ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

embx61

Thanks Red, I named it RawMaterialWater with a profession WaterWorker.

Not sure if that is compatible with NMT and/or CC. I have to download CC to look or  can you please tell me what names you/CC using so I can change it if it is not compatible?
Ah, Looked at CC mod in the mods screen and no Red warning so something must have been wrong as I know BL uses water in their mod. Looked further down and did see RawMaterialNMWater. I thought that RawMaterial files never had to use NM/CC/EB etc in front of it, besides graphics and stuff, to make it compatible with other mods.
Not a big deal but that is why I had it wrong (Well technically CC got it wrong LOL). Will change mine to RawMaterialNMWater and upload a compatible version soon.

embx61

Went to the CC list and some proffessions get some weird names IMHO.

wetworker? instead of waterworker.
saltworks? instead of saltworker.

Well got to change those as well to make it compatible with CC. I use the stringdialog (I guess and hope they did the same) to change it in waterworker and saltworker.

embx61

Made the changes and double checked with CC and indeed the wetworker is a waterworker and saltworks is a saltworker. LOL

Uploaded all the newer versions and the stringtables.

Please demolish any tannery, saltworks, and water well buildings being build in a save before enabling the newer versions as two profession names and the rawmaterialWater files are changed.
Not doing so will crash Banished if some of those building are build in the game and you enable the newer versions.

Enjoy!

kralyerg

I didn't get it wrong, I just copied it from RedKetchup for compatibility. :D

RawMaterial files can literally say anything you want it to.  It doesn't even technically have to say RawMaterial in front of it. You could name it ThatBlueStuffThatFallsFromTheSky.rsc and the game wouldn't care.

A whole lot of the things in CC have very strange names behind the scenes, I agree.

What do you mean by "I use the stringdialog (I guess and hope they did the same)"?  We have all our professions strings in the UI/ColonialStringTable.rsc, not the vanilla Dialog/StringTable.rsc.

kralyerg

Did you change the string for the profession called wetworker so that it says Water Worker? We use the wetworker with the string Dock Worker for several of the CC Dock buildings.

embx61

Hi Kralyerg.

Hmmm. I did not know that. But if you call it something else in the game will the bannies still pick that stuff up?
I mean my was called rawmaterialWater and my take is that the bannies in CC/NMT are looking for RawMaterialNMWater?

What I mean with the dialog was that I would not use a profession name wetworker to see in the game.
So wetworker would become a waterworker through my stringtable. Dialog was a short of bad word I used there :)

embx61

Did you change the string for the profession called wetworker so that it says Water Worker? We use the wetworker with the string Dock Worker for several of the CC Dock buildings.

Yes I did. So what is the best way to go around this as dockworker is a bit strange for someone who gathers water from a well? What are your workers called who get the water?

kralyerg

A specific production building looks for a specific filename for the input/output resources. So it's good to have them all named the same. But the game doesn't care *what* the filename is, just that they're identical.

kralyerg

Quote from: embx61 on March 29, 2017, 08:47:15 PM
What are your workers called who get the water?

In CC, we didn't want to add another to the already too long list of professions, so we made the water towers use the Vendor profession (which it shares with the markets) because it was kind of a "they just shuttle the water back and forth, there's no actual trained profession involved" sort of thing.

I just checked, and in NMT, RK has them using a generic "worker" profession.

embx61

QuoteA specific production building looks for a specific filename for the input/output resources. So it's good to have them all named the same. But the game doesn't care *what* the filename is, just that they're identical.

Yes, that is what I thought too. I think CC tannery using water too so at least now I made the change with the water it is both ways compatible. At least that mystery is solved.

So if I have it right I can just leave the profession as I have it now?
So the profession name is wetworker and in my string table it says Waterworker?

On the other hand a regular worker will work too. I guess that is what I will do and if I design later some more buildings with simple tasks I can assign the regular worker too.

Thanks for the help Kralyerg.

kralyerg

Sure, you can leave it how you have it.  It's not a bad choice actually.  Even if someone puts this above CC and it changes all the CC Dock Worker professions to Water Worker, it still makes sense. :)

embx61

Okay I will leave it as it is.

BTW, I will Rar all the sources tomorrow so if you want the buildings to add to the megamod I will sent them to you.

Thanks again Kralyerg

RedKetchup

sorry... i wasnt there to answer...

why NMwater and not water ?

cause the fountain mod. at some place he did created some water with a totally different numbers/design....

so to make sure not being screwed... i ve put NM in front.

and yeah i did created a generic "worker" profession that is used for many different non specific function. kinda like a day-laborer.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .