News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Water Well

Started by embx61, March 29, 2017, 05:00:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abandoned

Abandoned

@embx61 I tried water well on a new test map and still no Water word.  Maybe someone else will try and see what happens.  I also noticed there is no icon for the above ground irrigation, when you click EB Town Services you lonely get the box with the dot in it.

embx61

Hmm that is odd with that water. I will investigate further but I am pretty sure I went over all my files what uses water yesterday and all looked okay.  ???

Make sure the channels are the highest in the modlist then any of my other mods as some don't have the new community toolbar irrigation stuff yet.

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

Abandoned

the irrigation canal is under the EB community icon town resources but then only has a square with a dot inside.

embx61

I am upload a newer version of the irrigation channels later today which adds at least a pump to work with NMT Canals and hopefully fix the toolbar stuff.

I loaded the waterwell in my game and it shows the text water. This really baffles me.
Can you put the water well on top of your mod list and look again if that fixes it?

Also can you tell me which mods of mine you have enabled in your mod list?
Then I can hopefully track it down.

Paeng

Quote from: embx61 on June 12, 2017, 06:40:57 AMI loaded the waterwell in my game and it shows the text water.

Yeah... I have the well with the Production Set 1, shows fine...

[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

embx61

Yeah, that is why I went with the sets.

I have to many separate buildings what uses water so a lot to keep track of.

Unified, Prodset1, prodset2, Water well, Tannery, and irrigation systems all using NMWater. I checked all of the string tables and Water template files and all are fine.
The only thing what I can think of that I changed something and it works on my system but forgot to upload the newer version.

I not really supporting the stand alone production building versions anymore to avoid those naming issues if I change something in one I have to do it about 6 or 7 times over different mods and then errors can creep in.

Abandoned

okay, I can't use unified mod and don't want to use unified mod.  Now this is strange. Separate water well, did you have a mod that had all your mods in it separate not in one pkm just each separate?  If so that maybe where I got this water well from, and too bad it is gone.

On currant map water well has no Water Word.  To test I only switched the water from this thread and crashed.  I tested it on a new map with nothing else switched except the water well file, nothing else changed not the load order or any other mods.  Still no water well word and also no icon for irrigation canal.  I then switch the well file back the way it was for currant map and loaded to make sure it was alright and well still no water word but irrigation canal does have the canal icon in town services.

As I said, the well works and produces water so please do not spend anymore time on this.  It may simply be my game not 107 but I have had no problems as long as new flags are not used.  Thank you anyways.  :)

brads3

when you do decide to upgrade,ABANDONED, i would upgrade the game to 1.07 and try the CC compatibility 1.07 mod to help solve issues of flags between 1.06 and 1.07.then you should be able to play as you do now and use older mods without issue.it would be worth an experiment to save you having to upgrade every individual mod. i use RED's NMT 2.04 that is 1.06. all my bricks and tiles seem to work between both the CC and the NMT.i see no dead blank tags on townhalls or trade posts. i saw none when i ran a few tests with the debug and made all resources and items visible.

embx61

So you still using maybe the one from the compilation mod?
Yes, I deleted that one because updating so many the same mods was becoming a hassle and it was rather old and not up to date.

I uploaded a newer version of the water well two days ago after I fixed a little string table typo after you told me about it.
Did you downloaded that one?
It is in the 1.07 download section and it says EBWaterWell_V17002_June10_2017
It is compiled with 1.07 but will work with 1.06 because there are no new flags/limits.

RedKetchup

Quote from: embx61 on June 12, 2017, 08:52:32 AM

Yes, I deleted that one because updating so many the same mods was becoming a hassle and it was rather old and not up to date.

this is why i update only once per .... 1-2 years LOL
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

embx61

I downloaded my own version from two days ago, loaded a game, disabled my both production sets, as they have the water raw material file as well, and activated the water well.

It shows the string just fine. I think @Abandoned forgot about the newer version I uploaded June 10 and still uses the one from the compilation mod.

Abandoned

@embx61 the well in the currant map is either the stand alone one or one from the compilation.  The one I switched and tested with same result is the download 107 June 10th version.  Must be a glitch with my 106 and is no problem producing water as is but thank you.   :)   Production set will be just fine when I update.

@brads3 I will keep that in mind when I update, like I said I have had very few problems with my pick and choose mod selection system.  Hope you will not have any more cow problems.  :D

embx61

Ah I see.

Maybe some other player want to download the water well mod from June 10th and do quick test if the string works?

Nilla

I just downloaded the mod, will add it to my present game and tell you how it works.