News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Water Well

Started by embx61, March 29, 2017, 05:00:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nilla

Just ran the well one year. It works well! ;) It's an area with a lot of uneducated and it produced 216 water. The well from Red in the same area 320. It's quite similar to the last time I tested. (Then it was educated worker) Your well gives a bit less, but it's OK.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Nilla on June 12, 2017, 12:57:09 PM
Just ran the well one year. It works well! ;) It's an area with a lot of uneducated and it produced 216 water. The well from Red in the same area 320. It's quite similar to the last time I tested. (Then it was educated worker) Your well gives a bit less, but it's OK.

note thats 1 person working only... thats a 1x1 tile building ... that has a cost ^^.
build more wells :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Abandoned

thank you for testing @Nilla , we know the well works fine producing water.  The problem is that in the inventory of the well and the storage barn and the houses it shows the bucket of water but it does not say the word Water, the item name is blank, it says nothing.  :)  My bannies will think it is tequila  :D

RedKetchup

Quote from: Abandoned on June 12, 2017, 01:24:28 PM
thank you for testing @Nilla , we know the well works fine producing water.  The problem is that in the inventory of the well and the storage barn and the houses it shows the bucket of water but it does not say the word Water, the item name is blank, it says nothing.  :)  My bannies will think it is tequila  :D

if the picture is there.... then SpriteSheet is fine.
if the names arent there... then it is the StringTable.

{ String _name = "NMWater";               String _text = "Water"; }

Abandoned

the picture of the bucket of water I have is not the same picture that paeng shows in his production set picture. My bucket has blue water and no handle.

Nilla

The bucket is there. Looks perfectly normal to me. :)

Abandoned

yes, the bucket is there, I like my bucket better than Paeng's bucket, both buckets are there.  What is not there in my game is the word WATER.

RedKetchup

i just checked NMT2.04 and GardenWall:Utility .... and both are there. the missing isnt coming from those 2 mods.

embx61

Quote from: RedKetchup on June 12, 2017, 01:35:23 PM

if the picture is there.... then SpriteSheet is fine.
if the names arent there... then it is the StringTable.

{ String _name = "NMWater";               String _text = "Water"; }

{ String _name = "Water";    String _text = "Water"; } I have in all my Water StringTables of the different Mods what using water and in the template files also says water.

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

embx61

I think I found the issue.

A " was missing in the NMWater Template.rsc file so it read Water"; instead of "Water";

Uploaded a newer version

Abandoned

thank you for update @embx61  :)  Will definitely try it before the map is done.

embx61

Thank you @Abandoned

I really hope the bug is fixed as I pulled my hair out on that one.

Such a tiny " missing is so hard to spot and what I don't get is that it was working in my games with that bug. I copy and paste a lot of files around so I went over all my rawmaterial template files to see if the little bugger was in some other files aswell and found a couple more and those are all fixed as well.

FYI, I just uploaded version 17003 of the irrigation channels.

Added two ghosted pieces what fit Reds NMT Canals. 1 what pumps the water out of the Canals into the irrigation system and one what dumps water into it. The two end pieces now works as the Vanilla well so bannies can get water from those to put out fires.
And I added a bridge with a railing. Water output from the reservoir is increased from 8/10 to 12/16 as water is more in demand now with Red Garden Utility mod.

Enjoy :)

RedKetchup

Quote from: embx61 on June 16, 2017, 10:24:47 AM

And I added a bridge with a railing. Water output from the reservoir is increased from 8/10 to 12/16 as water is more in demand now with Red Garden Utility mod.

Enjoy :)

did you changed the output numbers ? or changed the time to get that output numbers ?

embx61

I already changed the worktime to 4.0/16.0 earlier and now changed the output from 8/10 to 12/16 as well so I think it is the same as your water numbers now.

Before you released the Garden Utility water was not so much in use so some players ask to tone it down as they were swimming in water. LOL

But now with the Garden Utilities and some more building (Like my Bakery and Apothecary) are using water too I think 12/16 will be better.

Abandoned

@embx61 With my game updated to 107 the separate water well now has the word Water like it should.  All is well with the water well  :D thank you.