News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

WIP: Natural Diversity

Started by Bartender, April 11, 2017, 01:14:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

nice find CALLI. you saved me trying to find the reason for my crash. much appreciated.

Necora

@calli74 and @brads3 I started a very quick run through with only the NatDiv and PineSet enabled.
If you have NatDiv 1st and PineSet 2nd you get a crash within minutes of playing. If you have PineSet 1st and NatDiv 2nd, it all seems to run fine. I can harvest trees, foods, and thatch with no crashes.

Not sure why, but it would seem that you need the Pine Set above the natural diversity mod in your mod list order.

Bartender

Thank you for your feedback everyone! I'm flattered that you are all diving into this so enthousiastically ;D.

Quote from: Paeng on April 11, 2017, 10:03:50 AM
I have this issue where I set a footprint, but some bundles of thatch are left behind that nobody will pick up (so the structure cannot be built), see attach 1 and 2...
I have tried this and I can't reproduce this bug myself. I expect that it's a conflict with another mod that changes the citizen template. If it overrides this mod then the citizens don't 'know' that thatch is something they can actually pick up.

Another thing is the regular forester - within his circle thatch will spawn (does it? - no thatcher's hut nearby)... I need to observe this a while longer, but this may impact on the forester's performance(?)... see attach 3.
I have observed this as well while testing, and I have a strong suspicion that it is actually intended behaviour that is hard coded by Mr. Luke. It seems that foresters will clear away any kind of resource if that specific one is blocking them from reaching a certain point that they are trying to get to. I expect that he did this to prevent them from getting stuck behind things. Essentially if the game can't find a proper path for them, they just make one themselves :P.
If your forester is in an area that has both trees and grasses growing, there might initially be some lower performance because they need to clear away some grasses that are in their way, but once those are gone there should be no influence. The fact that these thatch bundles were staying there is probably related to what I mentioned above.

Also - is it possible to make the thatcher's circle even smaller? Though he's not that productive, he needs a lot of "real estate"... but still clogs up storage really fast... that will probably change if/when more buildings use thatch - but it would be good to find another use as well...  :)
I'm afraid that the thatcher is indeed a bit too productive, this is a good point. I'm not sure if making it even smaller is the right solution, as one function of the building is actually to 'create' meadow areas for the other resources to grow in. If the influence area gets too small, it would kind of lose. I will make some adjustments to the growth rate of the grass, and the amount of time it takes to harvest them, as I think those are set a bit too short.

Quote from: Necora on April 11, 2017, 10:53:51 AM
but it would be good to find another use as well...  :)
Perhaps as a fuel bundle?
This is something I've thought of as well, among other things. I'll look into what other use would work best, I think it does need another way to get rid of extra stock.

Quote from: brads3 on April 11, 2017, 11:16:25 AM
if you change "roots" to carrots,radishes,etc, remember we still need "roots" to make  our rootbeer.
Good point  :)!

Quote from: calli74 on April 11, 2017, 12:01:47 PM
Testing this out today and I really like it. I have however discovered that there is a crash problem if you have Necora's Maritimes Pine set enabled at the same time as this mod. Perhaps you and Necora can get together and figure out what is happening. The crash happens the moment the bani's begin with gathering trees and thatch.
@Necora and I already briefly discussed making compatible versions of our mods, so I'm sure we'd get to the bottom of this. I think that visually our mods should go perfectly together ;D.

Necora

@Bartender visually you say?....

Pine Set Blueberry Bushe and Apple Trees in the meadow...

Pine Set Chanterelles and Natural Diversity Mushrooms...

Meadow edge with deer and Pine Set fiddleheads...

I'd say they do!

Paeng

Quote from: Bartender on April 11, 2017, 02:04:56 PMcan't reproduce this bug

Yeah, I think I messed up on my stockpiles... Just came back, built dedicated piles for everything... et voilĂ .
New piles, barns and limits still confuse me on occasion, one needs to be careful not to forget one type  ??? 

Sorry about that  :)

QuoteIf your forester is in an area that has both trees and grasses growing

Ah, so the bundles were from the grass the forester cut for cleaning his circle, not spawned... okay, got it.
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

kid1293

I can't say you're one of a kind, you are two!
Beautiful scenes when combined.
This is going to be so good!

Thank you both for making the effort to make these mods!

@Necora  - are you making more of your trees a start condition?
@Bartender - don't forget the bushes!

RedKetchup

Quote from: Bartender on April 11, 2017, 02:04:56 PM
I have this issue where I set a footprint, but some bundles of thatch are left behind that nobody will pick up (so the structure cannot be built), see attach 1 and 2...
I have tried this and I can't reproduce this bug myself. I expect that it's a conflict with another mod that changes the citizen template. If it overrides this mod then the citizens don't 'know' that thatch is something they can actually pick up.

first , congratulations for your first mod :)
keep it up :) you are talented :)

2nd : you talked about the citizens template....
most people overwrite it because it is the only way to see them pickup the new customs....

have you added this paragraph to your citizens ? so they can continue to work as intented ?

StorageDescription storage
{
   RawMaterialFlags _storageFlags = Edible | Fuel | Tool | Wood | Stone | Iron | Health | Clothing | Textile | Alcohol | Grain | Fruit | Vegetable | Protein | CoalFuel | Custom0 | Custom1 | Custom2 | Custom3 | Custom4 | Custom5 | Custom6 | Custom7 | Custom8 | Custom9;
   bool _areaBasedLimit = false;
   bool _available = true;
   int _volumeLimit = 100;
}
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Necora

@kid1293 all of the trees are in the Maritimes Tree Pack mod which will overwrite all vanilla trees with my models. The resources are not included though, I just wanted it to be a tree pack so you can use it with other mods that introduce other wild resources like the wild flora/flax/bees mods here.

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=1597.0

kid1293

I am two steps after you guys.
Downloaded but didn't test.  :-[

Necora

QueryEverything

Quote from: Necora on April 11, 2017, 10:53:51 AM
but it would be good to find another use as well...  :)

Perhaps as a fuel bundle?

@Necora Excellent :)  There is a firebundler in CC mod, but was wondering about perhaps a woodchopper/lumber yard that also does firebundling as well, so that there can be a range of options for the 1 building, especially when there is excess of something that can't be used straight away.

@Paeng which stockpiles ended up working for you?

@Bartender this is really beautiful, I did say over in the WIP thread that it was, but wanted to echo my sentiments here too!  :)

Would love to see a super MM Bio start :D  Oh the fun we could have, with yours, Necora's and possibly @tanypredator all together ...  love, love, love! 

{EDIT} Just saw the new screenshots Necora, oh wow!  :)
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Paeng

Quote from: QueryEverything on April 11, 2017, 03:38:48 PMPaeng which stockpiles ended up working for you?

The one for "Construction Materials"...  :)

I won't forget again, not on this one - by now I got HUGE piles of them...  :D
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

calli74

Tried it again as Necora said with pine set above and now it's working great and looking so beautiful. Will test further tomorrow.

QueryEverything

Quote from: Paeng on April 11, 2017, 03:55:38 PM
Quote from: QueryEverything on April 11, 2017, 03:38:48 PMPaeng which stockpiles ended up working for you?

The one for "Construction Materials"...  :)

I won't forget again, not on this one - by now I got HUGE piles of them...  :D

Thank you :)  You avoided the "Great stockpile dots" disaster I was about to create :D haha
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

brads3

i do hope you get this t work with other start settings. the CC medium+ that adds animals to the start does not show thatch on load. after i switched the pine mod above this and rearranged my mod order, i tried to load the CC northern frontier start. my cannons turned black. good luck figuring that glitch out.
    that glitch is caused by moving the pine mod in the mod order. will have to investigate further.