News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

WIP: Natural Diversity

Started by Bartender, April 11, 2017, 01:14:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

Quote from: Bartender on August 16, 2017, 12:48:30 PM
@despo_20 and I are both currently enjoying some well earned holidays and occupying ourselves with other things than modding, but after the summer ends we'll be back in full force ;).

i hope you enjoy your vacations :)
vacations from time to time are a must :) it always help to fill the cup :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

qubesquared

Quote from: Bartender on August 16, 2017, 12:48:30 PM
Hi @qubesquared, thank you for your kind words :) . I'm not aware of any possible way in which we could make our mod compatible with the CC starting conditions unfortunately :( . I might look into it a bit more at some point when we continue development. @despo_20 and I are both currently enjoying some well earned holidays and occupying ourselves with other things than modding, but after the summer ends we'll be back in full force ;) .

Thank you for update. I hope you enjoy your much needed vacation. Will this version work with The North mod by Tom? If not is this version of Lite: http://blackliquidsoftware.com/index.php?/files/file/175-natural-diversity-light/ the most resent? I really love the grass, reeds, and thatch incorporation of this mod. 

Bartender

Compatibility with the North has the same problem as CC; it won't work with other Start Conditions than the one that NatDiv provides. This is because of the way that start conditions are programmed, and unfortunately I don't think there's any way to fix that without merging mods completely.

The Light version you link to is the most recent indeed, but once this new version of the full mod gets out of beta we will release a new light version as well :).

child_of_air

Sorry for bumping this thread, but I have been playing with this quite a bit and wanted to give you some feedback. Are you still working on this?

I really love what you've done here. The new models and the new resources really add a lot more to the game. However, on a hard start in the middle of winter, it's very difficult to get your bannies food, shelter and warmth before the first frost sets in. Your mod complicates matters significantly- it took me five tries before I could move on with only minimal deaths from starvation. I really think that you need to add additional food or additional firewood to the carts on a hard setting- the food I was given was just not enough to sustain my 18 bannies before they were able to build their first food building, due to the extra steps it took.

Please consider adding additional food to the cart. I know it's supposed to be hard, but your mod makes it too hard for my tastes. Other than that, I love it. Keep up the good work!

Voeille

@child_of_air
I use this mod and I've never encountered such problems. What is your starting food? For all I remember I have 200 for Adam & Eve and 1200 for the rest. And, if you run into food problems, the first thing you should do before building anything is collect forest food with your labourers (just like stone or wood). To be able to do that, you need either CC, New Flora, or Busy Laborers.

brads3

you might add TOM's quickhunter to help with food. they are easy to place since you don't need to build anything and can be moved with the deer.yjose are handy for starting games to get a boost of food.there is also a quic fisherman. you can build different houses etc,so you need less thatch to get the initial construction done.

child_of_air

I do actually have them forage for food, but when there are only 7 or 8 adults (I'm using Natural Diversity Hard), the process isn't very quick, and they seem to consume it almost as soon as they get it.

I have been using a hunting lodge from one of Kid's sets, because it's very easy to place and you don't need the thatch. But that's just a work around, I was hoping for a better solution.

Voeille

That's really strange, for me it's always enough, and with the Adam & Eve start it builds up a lot because 2 people don't eat that much. Do you have any mods that alter food consumption? Default is 100 food per citizen per year, so the starting 1200 food should be enough for 12 people for the whole year, which is plenty of time to accumulate more.

child_of_air

Nat Div Hard usually starts with 14-19 people. My last starts I had 19, 18 and 14. So perhaps those extra few people are really making the difference. Indeed, I believe they are because when I get starvation, about 3-6 people typically die, mostly children. :(

And yes, you start out with 1200 food.

RedKetchup

if i start with 12-13 people, i only setup 2-3 crops at start. but if i start between 18-21 people, i need to put a full 4 crops

child_of_air

Hard starts with zero seeds or animals. Oh well, I guess she is no longer working on this mod.

RedKetchup

Quote from: child_of_air on May 23, 2018, 11:33:09 PM
Oh well, I guess she is no longer working on this mod.

if you talk of Bartender :
He.

if you talk about embx61:
He.
and the picture of the avatar , she was his beloved wife that left this world and broke his heart.

child_of_air

Fair enough. Does anyone know if he is still working on this mod? I love the models for the new buildings, very beautiful and the quality is SO high. However, I'm having an issue with the Reaper, I can't get him to reap or plant anything. I tried testing this out and waiting about 20 years.....there was still no grass, and nobody actually showed up to do the planting or reaping. The planting button just stayed blacked out after I pushed it.

RedKetchup

i doubt, last time Bartender came here was : February 16, 2018, 06:02:19 PM

brads3

very few players can get the new version to run without sow down and lags. do you have any grass on the map? it should be growing all over and you should have a mix of forests and meadow areas.the reaper should act like a forester but grow grass instead of trees.

this mod and the grass should work with about any other mod except the RK. the RK changes the grass from thatch to fodder and adds flowers. even then the reaper shed should grow the thatch grass. i have not tested the RK with the new Nat Div since it slows my computer.i would assume the other sheds will bundle fodder and use it as thatch.RED was able to use BARTENDERS codes to change the thatch to fodder.the game is realy good at interchanging them.

i would double check the version you have to make sure you aren't using a lite version.don't use 2 versions at the same time. it has been a long time since reading on this mod.but it is possable the lite version adds the food plants only and not the grass.the reaper will take time to plant grass and clear stones and trees,but you should see some grass in a few seasons.

mod order does matter to this mod to get the grass at start or all over the map. however,it shoud not cause the reaper not to plant the grass. i find it highhly unusual for the reaper "plant" button to be stuck.that tellls me you have some weird glitch.how many other mods and what odd mod could you have messing with it? open the mod list,click the mimize icon on the Nat Div mod.it will show a list of mods that are conflicting.  move the Nat Div above all of them. if you have the pine mod,put it and its patches above the Nat div.

after all that,the only thng left would be to try different start settings to see if it matters.