News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

WIP: Natural Diversity

Started by Bartender, April 11, 2017, 01:14:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bartender

There has been no big sneak peek for a while now, and there probably won't be for a little while longer. Instead, here's a small update of how things are going. Both Despo and I have been rather busy in our personal lives, so the development is a bit slower than before. We're still very much active though, and are slowly but steadily moving towards our first joint release :). Most features have been thoroughly tested by now, so once we've crossed the last few things of our list, we're ready to upload a beta version ;).

brads3

are you making a storage barn for the thatch?it would be very helpful.

RedKetchup

many people would love to see a feature to pickup Fodder and transform to Thatch.... have an idea how we can do that ?

or you do it , or i do it.... if it is me ... i would love to get your tatched farm mesh to make something crossed over between our 2 farms like a mesh mixing both mesh look.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Bartender

@brads3 This is definitely on our list, though not for the current update. I expect it to be in the next one though ;).

@RedKetchup I think it would definitely be cool if the fodder and thatch chain could be linked! We've been thinking about it, but couldn't really find an adequate solution yet. From the perspective of our new chain, it would make most sense to make it possible to turn grass bales into fodder I think. About the building mesh, that's @despo_20 's territory ;). If you have some idea's for a link and want to give it a go, you're more than welcome :). We can supply you with the files of the new chain for that

despo_20

Hello everyone!

As Bartender said, I'm very busy of work at this time and I'm sorry if I'm slowing down the release  :(

@RedKetchup I can give you the meshes, no problem!  ;)  We just have to understand how to link the two chains. I agree with @Bartender, turn grass bales into fodder may be the best solution

Bartender

Natural Diversity 1.1 Beta release (for Banished 1.0.7)

After months of work, several weeks of testing, some more days of adjusting things, and a few hours of wondering how we should start this sentence, our work has finally come to an end! @despo_20 and @Bartender proudly present the Natural Diversity update 1.1 Beta. As it is a beta version, bugs will be likely to occur. If you encounter any, please kindly let us know in this thread or through a PM to either of us, preferably including screenshots. Sightings of real life bugs are unfortunately not of any relevance, and we would not appreciate receiving pictures of those.

The file can be downloaded here.

Below is a summary of the content of this update. A detailed explanation of each feature will be provided upon full release.

Thatch Production Chain

The production of thatch is now a two step production chain, introducing four new materials and five completely new buildings. The old thatcher building has been removed from the mod. The reed farm and fish trap can be placed on small rivers, introducing a new utility for these.

Natural Resources

Two new resources are added into the game, Reeds and Branches. Reeds spawn on the waters edge and give reed bundles (CC compatible), while branches occasionally fall from trees and give firewood. The Blueberries recieved an overhaul, now occurring as bushes that drop harvestable berries in summer. The bushes themselves give firewood when cut. Lastly, the rocks received new meshes and new textures, greatly increasing their diversity.

Rebellious Crops

All vanilla crops and orchard trees have a small chance of spawning seedlings outside their fields. This functionality was requested by @QueryEverything and is based on the currently obsolete Pesky Produce mod by OwlChemist.

Aesthetics

Rocks have been added to the rivers, to give them a more natural look. These rocks are purely cosmetic; the cannot be harvested, nor will they block construction over the water.

Harvest wild foods & herbs Toolbar Buttons
Along with new toolbar buttons for the introduced buildings and resources, toolbar buttons have been added for the collection of wild foods and herbs.

Start Conditions
The vanilla start conditions have recieved a [NatDiv] prefix, to signify that these include the resources introduced in this mod. Furthermore, the easy condition has 100 Thatch added to the stockpile on start.

Updates to existing content
All natural resources included in version 1.0 have received a visual update. Parts of the models will sway in the wind, and the winter behaviour has been changed to provide a more accurate winter landscape.

embx61

Awesome.

Great idea to give the small streams some useful meaning with the fish traps.

Thanks for the great work and congrats on the 1.1 Beta release :)

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

Abandoned

very impressive indeed, eager to update my game and try this mod.   :)

brads3

ABANDONED, i wouold like to hear your tests for this and the pine mod.

RedKetchup

Congratulations !

i love so much the bundles/thatch graphics (and their buildings)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Abandoned

@brads3 , I will blog a town with this mod for sure, it looks wonderful. I used the light version and really like it.  I will do the pine set separately another time.  I am eager to try Red's Garden Wall Utilities too.  First I must update my game and I want to separate the North and CC.  When I get to CC I'll have a few questions for you.  :)  I don't know if I will have much time today, going grocery shopping and the forecast is for more storms today and rest of the week so computer time may be limited.  Are you starting a new blog with this mod?

brads3

i have to be away today also.i will load this after i get these tests of the pine mods done.the pine is a big mod so i have a few buildings to check yet.and i should check it with the flora patch.i am finding some issues. why i want a 2nd opinion before NECORA gets back.

Abandoned

@brads3 I will certainly try pine set and others of Necora before he gets back.  I only Maritime Dock Set & PEI shores when they were first released. 

Tom Sawyer

Your new version looks nice. I repeat myself but you are combining interesting ideas and great design. Seems you are a good team. Thumbs up.

How do these escaping crops and trees behave? Can they be cut or gathered?

Bartender

Thank you for the kind words everyone :)! We've already received a few bug reports over at BL, if you encounter anything please let us know ;).

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on June 28, 2017, 05:48:20 AM
How do these escaping crops and trees behave? Can they be cut or gathered?

They can, the crops can be gathered with a new 'harvest wild food' toolbar button, while the trees can be cut with the regular 'cut trees' button.