Kid - Stone House Addon V1.24

Started by kid1293, April 28, 2017, 02:31:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ancientmuse

Lifestyles of the rich and famous...

*reaches for the coconut oil*

;D

taniu

@ kid1293 I know you are a very hardworking and talented person, it was just my idea, children love sweets not only in winter, but they eat all year long? Maybe a little market for our little bannised? I'll wait, do everything your pace. I am very happy with every new mods from you, because I have them all in the game. Cheers!

Nilla

I can confess, I belonged to those who thought;"Now he's gone totally crazy . These towers in Banished? No! At least not for me." But I must also confess, the result has turned out well. :) And maybe I will try to make a more contemporary settlement. Why not? Diversity is great! The possibilities unlimited. But if you make markets and boarding houses, please stay in the present (or at least recent past) and make an hotel and a supermarket. :) That would fit!

And @Abandoned, lightning bugs do exist here but are very rare. I've only seen some a few times in Sweden. Kid lives very much in the south and they might be more common there. It's closer to the continent and as I lived in Germany we regularly had some in our hedge.

Abandoned

@Nilla I was afraid no one would know what I was talking about.  When I was a child we had lightning bugs in the city but with pollution and chemicals and lights they died out.  But we have them again here in the country for a few months in summer and they are just magical.  At dusk they rise up from the natural areas and hedgerows twinkling like mini Christmas lights.  Any day now the crickets should start chirping.    :) 

Paeng

Quote from: kid1293 on June 19, 2017, 02:46:52 PMdid that crop field in the background belong to the city designer?

Naturally...  :D
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

kid1293

Quote from: Nilla on June 20, 2017, 02:28:00 AM
I can confess, I belonged to those who thought;"Now he's gone totally crazy . These towers in Banished? No! At least not for me."

But if you make markets and boarding houses, please stay in the present (or at least recent past) and make an hotel and a supermarket. :) That would fit!

First - I never thought I could win anyone over for these 'Aventuras en el sol'.
They are a bit strange in Banished. But then we all start as gatherers and hunters.
Then CC with (almost) industrial revolution. So why not this?
After all it is a test if it's possible to build like this.

There is a problem with double-click. You never know when it happens.
There is no footprint so you can place hundreds of these ghosted floors
at the same spot. A bit crowded.
And you can not place them alone. They're totally invisible to the bannies.
They walk right through the buildings if placed on ground level.

Second - I go for hostel, but when I first saw the roof-tops I immediately thought 'hotel'.
Supermarket does not sound right. Everybody knows what a supermarket is today.
It is BIG. I don't think I can do that. 12x12 with a tower in each corner?
Not nice to have the neighbour looking over your shoulder all the time. :(

Abandoned

@kid1293 hotel would go well with this part of the set but maybe not so well with the original stone houses of this set and not with forest outpost this is addon to which has no boarding house either.  Vanilla doesn't go at all.

How about farmer's market?

kid1293

Bazaar? Shopping Center? Merchant District?

Hmm... Merchant Center. Why not?

Abandoned

Merchant Center sounds right, matching roof or open-air?

kid1293

Quote from: Abandoned on June 20, 2017, 07:53:04 AM
Merchant Center sounds right, matching roof or open-air?

I was about to make a 'tower' version. Bottom large building.
One version with roof and one with a flat space to build up a tower or two.
But I'm slowly getting tired of making tower modules.

Abandoned

2 versions sounds good, player pick and choose which to use. You've certainly made a lot of tower modules.  :)

kid1293

Yes.  :)

And here is another one. The hostel.
This one is with roof. There is one without roof if you want to build higher.
This freestanding is rather nice.

I don't want more of this model. I go for an open market later, tomorrow, summer....

RedKetchup

Quote from: kid1293 on June 19, 2017, 12:20:11 PM
Condos for rent

This is what I have been doing lately. The one to the right (on 5th floor) is reserved for
Mr. Red Ketchup. He said he was interested in a calm place in the shade. :)

haha of course !!!!!! :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Abandoned

@kid1293 the freestanding hostel is very nice indeed and will fit nice with the whole set and even with the vanilla buildings early on.  :)

kid1293

Thanks!
I take a break from buildings and concentrate on making a hedge. Not easy.
It can't be 20000 leaves.  :o It can't be all 'box' and square.  ???
I will test a thought I have. Testing is slow.
Must build and write code just to test a single piece.

Be well.