News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Embx61 Work in progress

Started by embx61, May 02, 2017, 06:17:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elemental

I hope you include your original neat bushes as a ghost decoration in this set because they look good.  :)

embx61

@elemental

Which bushes you are referring to? I only made 4 bushes so far (A paid for cheap low poly set I adapted for Banished) and are incorporated with the Herbalist.

If you referring to those then yes I will include them as ghosted items :)

I plan to lift some bushes/small trees from Kids awesome Deco set too :)

I plan to do quite a few ghosted deco's but not want to go overboard either and end up with a 100 Meg mod. LOL

With some luck (Depending if the creators of other ghosted items have set the Boolean flatten ground to false instead of true) players can use other ghosted items as well.
If the Boolean is set to true however it will mess up the channels as it will raise the ground and will cover the water up.

Oops, forgot the screenshot

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

Abandoned

@embx61 those pieces look really good.  I think the bushes @elemental may be referring to are those first ones you put in a row along the canal back on page 6 of this thread.  I like those too.  :)

embx61

Ah, those are indeed the ones which I added to the Herbalist.
I will add those to the ghosting set.

Abandoned

oh great, and I like those rocks too.  :)

elemental

Well I can only see 3 pages in this thread so far. I was talking about the bushes on reply 78. They could be very useful all over town, as will Red's flowers. The rocks look great too. I'm looking forward to all of these pieces.  :)

Another quick question - are you using moving water on these canals/channels? It's hard to tell from the pics.

embx61

Yes the water is moving .

Most plants, grass are moving with the wind as well.

EDIT: @elemental . How many posts you see on one page is a setting in your profile.
I have it set to 15 a page (Default)

embx61

Made some good progress :)

Added 10 of Kids Deco plants to the set and 1 plant of my own.

Made two Culverts so that instead of a bridge (Which I will still create) players can put two Culverts down and so can build a road in between.

Now working on the pumps, reservoir, connectors, bridges, and ghosted pieces to connect to Reds NMT canals.

A couple more decorations some like some benches, tree stumps.

At last make a different texture for the soil so it will be grass looking on the banks.

Then tidy it all up code/toolbar wise and will release a Beta.

Abandoned

looks good @embx61 , I like the culvert.  I have a question. Is there going to be a problem with this mod and the deco mods that have those original same plants?  They will be on the tool bar twice if both mods are activated won't they?

embx61

@Anandoned

No, I renamed all the files, names, and textures from Kid and Red parts so there should be no conflict.
That is the most boring work but it has to be done and I go from 3d modelling to some coding and vise versa to try to keep sane. LOL

Abandoned

@embx61 oh my gosh, renaming all those files.  Your tedious labors will be appreciated I'm sure.   :)  Thank you

embx61

That is why my work flow is a bit like this.

I make one or two Channel pieces, if I am satisfied with the mesh I am renaming what needs to be renamed and do the coding.
Then I do a test how it looks in the game and adjust a bit if needed.
Then I add some ghosted Items meshes, then renaming and do the coding and so on and on.

Then sometimes I take about an hour, or 2 break to watch some TV or browse the forums to clear my mind a bit.

The renaming and coding can be boring, I am sure Red had fun as well with copy and paste and then renaming with his NMT Canals  ;)

But every time a new piece is added and I see it in the game it encourage me to go on. :)

wiscoke

@embx61 any estimate on when you will releasing that beta? ;) I have my vacation this week and the next. so i'm hoping to play with that mod :p

embx61

@wiscoke

You are lucky :)

Things are going well so I progress swiftly.

I hope to release by Wednesday a BETA. (Fingers crossed) :)

embx61

More pieces added and need to create only one more piece. A Dump what fits the NMT Canals.
I added two bridges, A Well Pump placed anywhere what pumps water out of a well into the channels. A Gate so part of the channels could be closed of. Two connectors to connect to the above ground irrigation system (In and Out) A water pump placed on river or lake. 1 ghosted pump that fits NMT Canals.

The toolbar gets a bit long. I wanted to have the two bridges I have so far as F Key Variants but because the floor is different for each bridge that not going to work.

I release a BETA later today but keep working on some little stuff and add some more ghosted items later but it is fully functional.

I hope players play with it a bit and I can get feedback on workings and stuff.
I could for example add some channel pieces as F Variants like the two 4ways, 2 T ways, 2 Culverts, 2 End pieces, 2 corners. That saves 5 Icons but the drawback is that every time you place a piece through the F key it changes automatic to the next in line. But I will do it if players rather have to be a bit careful with placing through the F key then a mile long toolbar.