News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Embx61 Work in progress

Started by embx61, May 02, 2017, 06:17:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

embx61

@PredatorBeing  reported two bugs for the Natural channels. The Start well pump had ground seen instead of water in the deep part and the arrow direction of the 2x straight piece was backwards. Number one was a Pivot Z issue when I forgot to set the Pivot back at 0 after bringing my hole down. The 2x straight I had to spin the moving water 180 degrees in the UVW map Editor so the water flows in the direction of the arrow. Both issues are now fixed and so will be ready for the next version.

Working on the Above Ground Channels a bit, Redo a bit of the toolbar to make it smaller. Do all the pumps, connectors, bridges on a sub toolbar. Changed the water so the color will be the same as Natural Channels and will not get white in the winter. Also do a bit of optimizing and can save 2 textures so 2 draw calls.

I did the same for the natural channels and plan later to do the same on the Ground Channels.

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

embx61

Uploaded new versions of Natural irrigation and Above Ground Irrigation Systems.

Fixed some bugs, redid some textures, Toolbar changes and Deco items are on there own toolbar under EB Decorations.
The water in the Above Ground Irrigation is the same as Natural and stays blue in the winter.

The deco's are still part of the Natural Irrigation Mod but I will make a separate mod soon what contain those Deco's.

Now plan to do some updates on the Below ground so the toolbar and water will match.

After that I will compile the Deco's in a mod on it's own and will slowly add some more stuff.

Abandoned

very nice, great job fine tuning these mods.  :)

embx61

Wait till playing a new map as I changed textures and so it will most probably not be save compatible.

Abandoned

Will look forward to it in another map  :)

embx61

New version 17002 of the Ground Irrigation Channels uploaded.

Toolbar changed. Fixed a footprint arrow bug, some small texture changes.
Water is the same color as the other two sets and stay blue in the winter.

Added the NMT Canal pieces to this and another connector to the Above ground system.

Thanks again to @Paeng for all the Toolbar Icons :)

Abandoned

@embx61 Very nice looking set but I was wondering:  Looking at the picture in the download of the natural irrigation system, I see the pump and water lift sections are grey stone or brick.  Would it be possible to have those pieces made of brown wood like the bridge with the railing and the base border of soil to match the other pieces?  I think it would look more natural.   :-\

embx61

@Abandoned

They are the platforms to work on the pumps.
They are wood, the same texture is used for the walls on each side of the channels and this texture is also used in the below ground set as well.

From a distance it maybe looks like brick but they are wooden boards.

embx61

Found a bug.

I used the wrong two NMT Canal pieces in the Below Ground Irrigation system  :-[
The Pivot is off too for those pieces..

I am currently working on a fix.

embx61

Fixed the NMT Canals issue and uploaded a new version of the Below Ground Irrigation Channels.

I am in the process of splitting the Deco Ghosted Items from the Natural Mod and am almost finished.

Later today I will upload a new version of the Natural Irrigation System with the Deco items stripped out of it.
Then I will upload a new Mod called EBIrriDecoAddon what contains all the Deco items I have so far and will be under the EB Decorations Main Toolbar.

I am testing with a override what will set all of Kids Deco plants Boolean flatten ground to false in his template files.

If that works I will release it as a Override mod so players can use all of Kids Deco Plants with the Irrigation Channels without raising the floor.

kid1293

I can easily fix the flatten ground.  ?

embx61

That would be awesome Kid as no Override is needed.

Players can then place all your deco trees and plants with Channels as well as everywhere on the map :)

I can then strip your 10 plants I used from my mod to save on poly's as if they use both it will be just double.
I will then in the Description of the mod suggest that players download your Deco plants mod as they complement the Irrigation Channels :)

Red's grasses and flowers, and my rocks I just keep in my deco mod.

Not sure if it was a question Kid.

The fix is easy. In all your template files set the boolean value "flatten ground" from true to false. That's it.

ClearAreaDescription cleararea
{
bool _flattenGround = true;  <=========================== Change true to false
}

kid1293

Sorry for delay. Will fix all plants tonight and upload.
Have to go and fix dinner (evening meal / the hi-light of the day / something without name )   ;)

brads3

don't let the bugs eat you up. they have been quite busy this week and will eat you alive if you let them.

embx61

Just take your time.

I appreciate you willing to do this as I don't have to copy and paste, rename all the other plants and trees from your set as I had planned to do.

Players will benefit as well as it saves a lot on poly's as the sets would be, beside renaming and setting the Boolean to false, identical.

Now they can just get your deco plants set and place them all beside the channels without raising the ground. :)