News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Embx61 Work in progress

Started by embx61, May 02, 2017, 06:17:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

embx61

LOL

Yeah they look not that bad but I have to delete them from the original set so all can be ghosted.

They look about the same because I took the sign from the market set as sample.

But some signs will have a double board with text on both

So for example:

Smith & Sons                               <===Top Board
Trading and Import                          <===Bottom Board
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

Gatherer

Understand that, just asking if the old board names can also be included?
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

embx61

As ghosted items sure they can.

We put those names in the texture files as well.

Gatherer

There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

QueryEverything

Quote from: Gatherer on July 22, 2017, 10:19:03 AM
Sweet!

+1

<-- conserving energy ;)
I may have over did it yesterday prematurely returning for shenanigans. :(
*sigh
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

embx61

The New England set is almost done.

Waiting for the pilgrim for the build cost and materials of the buildings and when I have that put in the files it should be ready for release.

While listening to some Queen and other 70's/80's rock video's on Youtube in the background I started working on the Small Village Town Hall.

To load up your energy I can highly recommend listening to old Rock music :)

The Pilgrim

Sorry. Bad storm last night took out internet and power. Sending the pm momentarily.

embx61

Received PM.

Finishing up.
I used the meshes and graphics from RedKetchup's Brick from his clay chain and used my meshes and graphics for glass.
Both are Custom5 (Construction)
I have no meshes for lumber but added the raw material file with just the vanilla log meshes till we find a nice lumber mesh or I make one if I ever make a lumber production chain.

If I am done I send you link to source and PKM for review.

embx61

Released Version 17004 of the small Village set.

Added a Town Hall and all the buttons related to the Small Village Set have a small Orange dot on them.

Almost all the toolbars have a demolish building button at the end of each toolbar so you not have to go to the Vanilla demolish button.

embx61

While working on the Fishers Dock for the Small Village Set @elemental have send me some fonts for testing. Thanks :)

So I halted the Fishing Dock and made some signs for the community to see what font they like most.

We maybe can go with 2 fonts but it depends on the size of the textures.
I was able to resize the 1024x1024 texture in a 512 x512 one without losing quality so we are able to get quite a few different signs and names in.
About 50 to 80 I estimate.

My vote go for the yellow because I like yellow and it is the most clear and the font is very nice as well :)

So please vote for a sign font you like most and a 2nd font if we decide to do a second font version as well.

Categories so far going to be Trader, Market Signs (The market signs can placed on top of my markets set) ==> Single and double boards, and then some generic signs like maybe some Town names.

Ignore the 2 bottom boards on the market stands as they are from the set. I still have to delete them from the meshes.

elemental

Could you do another test lot but without the black border? Just solid white or yellow text will make the new fonts look a lot cleaner. The border was an experiment but it looks like it's a fail.

Birmingham and Cocotte fonts are my favourites but in that pic they are very blurry due to the black border. I do like your original yellow and also the Century font, just hoping to add some variety to the mix with a few different fonts and at least one more colour. Don't want to go too crazy with colours though... want to keep it fairly simple.

embx61

Sure. I going to see I can get rid of that border and do another test.

elemental

Clear layer style is the quickest way. Right click on the layer and there will be an option there to clear it.

embx61

Here a update. Had already all done before I received the PM but will later try 1024x1024 to see if it gets better with the borders.

Added some more colors and added town names signs category.

Put some stroke back and left texture at 1024x1024

elemental

I like the lighter colours more than the black, but I don't hate the black. A dark brown might look a bit better than black? Hard to say. All the fonts used so far look quite clear and readable with solid colours, and that's the main thing. The 512 pixel texture looks fine for the solid colours but the 1024 looks better for border/stroke, but the only stroke one I like is the old trading post with white text/black border. The other fonts with a border just look messy to me.

50 or more signs is quite a lot of signs. I'll work on some more sometime this week. More suggestions for names are certainly welcome.  :)

I think this will turn out to be a fun little mod. The signs are only a small detail but it's the details and the decorations that really make a town come alive.