Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Diagonal Road

Started by irrelevant, June 10, 2014, 07:38:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turis

And... you find it now?!? ::)

Karlieb

I don't believe in 1 meter wide roads, so I go for the curved illusion.

Abandoned

@Karlieb well, doesn't that look pretty  :)

QueryEverything

Quote from: Karlieb on May 20, 2017, 09:08:49 AM
I don't believe in 1 meter wide roads, so I go for the curved illusion.

What witchery is this?  The bend in the elbow ...  The curve in the bend ...  Witchery! It must be!!!

BTW - looks lovely!!  :)  That took either a great deal of patience, or a lot of time fine tuning those pieces of road around, well done!!  I am in awe ....  :D 
What's your #1 tip to achieving this?  What fantastical brew ??
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Karlieb

Quote from: QueryEverything on May 20, 2017, 03:44:01 PM

What witchery is this?  The bend in the elbow ...  The curve in the bend ...  Witchery! It must be!!!

BTW - looks lovely!!  :)  That took either a great deal of patience, or a lot of time fine tuning those pieces of road around, well done!!  I am in awe ....  :D 

Not so much time. I did some 32 bit tiles for a game once, so I treat the squares in the roads like giant pixels. It really helps to use the roads with the colors that blend into the terrain (mostly 'mossy stone'). I also made a template to help me remember (OCD?) but the 'screenshots' don't work so well as they're pixel for pixel. You'd probably have to actually save it to see it well enough:

I like it better than the sudden change from horizontal or vertical to diagonal (or right angles that bannies cut) and the bannies use these 'curves' without traipsing through the grass.

RedKetchup

it looks awesome and  very natural :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Tom Sawyer

It looks like Banished 2.  :)

QueryEverything

Thank you @Karlieb :)  I have saved the diagram and will give it a go :)  hahahaha, likely balls it up, but ya know, I want to try it :D

[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Karlieb

Quote from: RedKetchup on May 20, 2017, 06:06:46 PM
it looks awesome and  very natural :)
Quote from: Tom Sawyer on May 20, 2017, 11:57:44 PM
It looks like Banished 2.  :)

Thank you. But it really only works from a low angle like that and with roads similar in color to the terrain. Hmm, is it possible to make roads with 50-75% opacity? Is there a road-tile making guide?

Quote from: QueryEverything on May 21, 2017, 12:17:39 AM
Thank you @Karlieb :)  I have saved the diagram and will give it a go :)  hahahaha, likely balls it up, but ya know, I want to try it :D

If that doesn't work I can try to take screenshots. :P

QueryEverything

Quote from: Karlieb on May 20, 2017, 05:48:35 PM
Quote from: QueryEverything on May 20, 2017, 03:44:01 PM

Not so much time. I did some 32 bit tiles for a game once, so I treat the squares in the roads like giant pixels. It really helps to use the roads with the colors that blend into the terrain (mostly 'mossy stone'). I also made a template to help me remember (OCD?) but the 'screenshots' don't work so well as they're pixel for pixel. You'd probably have to actually save it to see it well enough:

I like it better than the sudden change from horizontal or vertical to diagonal (or right angles that bannies cut) and the bannies use these 'curves' without traipsing through the grass.

@Karlieb do you use the MM Gridlines at all?  If so, would you be able to take a screenshot of your road, with the gridlines over it? 

I've been trying to get around the sharp edges, and I can't see where i'm just that bit 'off' :)

Karlieb

@QueryEverything There are going to be sharp edges regardless because it's still giant squares. ;)

Here are some screenshots; first from the low angle (where it looks its best), second from above, third from above with grid and last one is from above with grid and without obscuring grass.

QueryEverything

Thank you :)  I will go & have a play now :D  Great shots, very clear & helpful :D