News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Small Boats for Banished Waters

Started by Paeng, May 04, 2017, 12:00:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

i made a pkg file with all the boats i ve could have been accumulated since couple of years....

be aware : 310MB file

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3ArTKXvgXjrRFMxYXNqdkY5NkE/view?usp=sharing
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Paeng

Quote from: QueryEverything on May 06, 2017, 02:56:57 AMWould you mind sharing your Pin board

Not pinning, but pining for - as in "to yearn deeply; suffer with longing"  :D
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

QueryEverything

Quote from: Paeng on May 06, 2017, 03:19:01 PM
Quote from: QueryEverything on May 06, 2017, 02:56:57 AMWould you mind sharing your Pin board

Not pinning, but pining for - as in "to yearn deeply; suffer with longing"  :D

Ohhhhhhh ....  lolololol ....  Damn and there I thought I was going to see a bit of your eclectic soul there @Paeng via Pins :)
That does make more sense, I apologise, I normally skim over some typos, especially in a multination board, so I just "over" read it, rather than took it for what it was. 

What a good chuckle ;)
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

kid1293

I've been thinking about the idea from @tanypredator and now
when I finished updating other stuff I thought it could be cool
with another 'happy' home.
I have made some simple gangways to reach the boat.
The boat to the left uses @Discrepancy jetties.

Abandoned

oh my gosh, look at those.  :)  Those are absolutely fantastic.   LOL with a few adjustment you could make a wild west wagon train also.  The house boats are great as is.

Abandoned

Added thought, one of those could be a nomad attractor as if they came down the river.  You know, @kid1293 , you have only yourself to blame if you get flood with suggestions and changes.   :)   

Gatherer

There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

kid1293

Quote from: Abandoned on June 01, 2017, 03:31:55 AM
...You know, @kid1293 , you have only yourself to blame if you get flood with suggestions and changes.   :)   

:D I'll start a reclusive center for tired modders.  ;D

tanypredator

kid1293

Right now, I am not thinking of another boat.
Maybe a third texture. Any idea?

Abandoned

I always have ideas  :)  Maybe weathered wood texture.   Non-house fishing pier.  :)

Paeng

Very cool...  :)

Maybe one could also be a small market?
* oh, just saw you don't want to make more boats... sorry    :)

Hmmm... maybe grunge them up a bit more? They look so clean and brandnew...  ;)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

QueryEverything

@kid1293 how very exciting :)  A dream mod of mine to have little riverboats, and thanks to this, woohoo!  Here they come :D
Being that they match with Discrepancy's mod, they will then fit with @Necora Maritime PEI sets as they are the same height, and I use them interchangedly, so that's a plus too :D

I've attached an image of one of my favourite paddlesteamers, and I know 'no new boats', but if there was some way to get her colours as an alternative texture, that would be sweet.
The far right is quite similar, but 'not quite'.  :D

It's been a while since I've been to Emmy, so this is a real treat for me to see these little travellers!!

Favoured colours by boat builders where we go to are in whites, charcoals & greys, as well as the Emmy scheme.

A history of the Pevensy is here:
https://www.echucapaddlesteamers.net.au/our-paddlesteamers/ps-pevensey/

http://www.echucamoama.com/echuca-moama-paddlesteamers

For some other colour themes :D

ps:  rumour has it that at least one of the PS was a brothel at some stage ...  hahahaha, probably steer clear of red highlights then ;)
https://www.echucapaddlesteamers.net.au/our-paddlesteamers/our-history/

Quote from: QueryEverything on May 06, 2017, 01:25:53 AM
I'm feeling the love and inspiration for watercraft & water living :D 
{snip}
Emmylou is still one of my most beloved Paddlesteamers, she was where we spent part of our honeymoon, hubby & I.  :) 

*wanders away to order pizza ... this is a pizza night ;)
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Abandoned

@kid1293 another weathered wood thought would be to match plimoth set grey and later when branching out from houseboats it could also be a driftwood collector to use to build those plimoth houses.  :)  Another style houseboat would be more raft like with log base and a flat roof.

edit: maybe add a small wash line to the back of the raft for that lived in look.

Necora

I have ideas for more boats and I also have ideas for your steamers @QueryEverything but unfortunately they are on hold for the time being :(