News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Maritimes Sherbrooke Village V101

Started by Necora, May 08, 2017, 02:34:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QueryEverything

Glad to see that you managed to get some of the issues sorted out by the load order @Karlieb :)

I have attached screenshots of how I list my load order:
-- Start conditions (up near the top of my mods),
-- iron mods & blacksmiths
-- @Necora mods
--  How I load Black Liquid mods:  'Patch', CC, MM & MM deco - there is a way to get them to work properly as well.

This may or may not work for you, but it's worth a try if you're still having problems, in the meantime when I get game time, I will check Sherbrooke myself, with the new version.  :)

I have a lot of other mods in between these ones, but this is how they are all grouped together and work fine.  :)
I just ran the Sherbrooke blacksmith and it was churning out iron tools without any problems. 

[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Karlieb

@QueryEverything @Necora @brads3 After moving everything before CC, the blacksmith would work but the things from the Pine Set that took charcoal would not (CC has charcoal as a fuel, Pine has it as an industrial fuel). So I played around with moving things up and down but always either one or the other would not work. I even disabled Maritime Trees and everything worked once. But then I exited and restarted to double-test and it didn't work after that.

I'm just gonna go disable everything and re-enable one by one.

Edit: I disabled everything but Sherbrooke and the Debug Menu and it still didn't work. I don't understand why sometimes yes, usually no. Gonna try validating.

Necora

@Karlieb hmm. Let's see what we can do here.

1 - you don't need maritimes trees and the pine set, they do the same thing. Maritimes trees is a visual addon for those who wanted the tree replacement but didn't want the whole pine set to get them, so you can disable the trees mod if you use the pine set mod.

2 - There is an issue with charcoal between CC and the maritimes, one which I am in the process of fixing (I forgot about it when I released the sherbrooke set). The problem is 2 fold, 1 CC has it as a fuel, I have it as an industrial fuel. This isn't an issue as long as the Pine Set is above CC in the mod list. CC buildings that need charcoal will still accept it if it is a different flag, which is something I have to add to my mods and forgot to do so. But, be warned, that the production numbers of charcoal between the two sets are different so if you have CC on top, the pitch kiln will be incredibly over powered when producing charcoal. This is also something I have to adjust, but it is harder to do so due to mod kit limitations.

Quote from: Karlieb on May 13, 2017, 06:18:38 AM
Edit: I disabled everything but Sherbrooke and the Debug Menu and it still didn't work. I don't understand why sometimes yes, usually no. Gonna try validating.

3 - Sherbrooke does not work on its own with no other mods activated? That is very strange... it works just fine here. I recommend that you maybe try downloading it again in case something odd happened there... this does happen from time to time with all mods, it took me about 10 attempts at downloading some CC/MM mods once before they worked.

4 - Double check that all mods (not just maritimes but the others and the game!) are the newest versions.

That is all I can think of for now...

Necora

Update - I looked into the balancing of charcoal between CC and my mods, the way CC has it, it isn't going to be possible. The only way I can make it so is either a) producing 100 pieces of charcoal for every 4 pieces of wood.... far too powerful, or b) using 100 pieces of wood for one production of 100 pieces charcoal in 1 production cycle.... this is not so powerful in terms of output gain but it would sink your wood stores almost instantly and plague your town with insufficient resource icons.

I don't know what to do about this.

brads3

gm, i see he is gaining.check the sherbrook in game KARLIEB. if it is only half loaded it should say version 0 and not work at all. i think the charcoal is going to be different fot several mods.i added the compatability 1.07 to help fix those issues.CC should change charcoal to industrial fuel. to me that is where it belongs.there are a couple issues with the new flags. 1 i did on purpose though. my precious mod still has gold and silver under the old way but without it the build requirements are different.not a big deal.
   i ran lots of tests last night. i was messing with the forest and the NAT div. was trying to get the forests to be thicker with some older mods i still have saved. did not work.way those 2 mods work,you can't slide a mod between them or near them either that doesn't upset the balance.those 2 mods is married together. so any enhancement or other tree mods like beautiful world,etc are no longer useable. again,these aren't complaints. it is info in case someone else has a problem down the road.i tried to override and make a few mods work different than they are now designed. nothing worked but i did find a couple mods i hadn't moved yet.
   NECORA, did you get the alternative download links loaded? i have not found them. it is alright though. i'll wait and load the sherbrook and the pine fix together.
   word of advice too. if you get your errors figured out and the game to function well. keep a list of the mod order. this saves problems later.there are some mods that are very picky about where they go.it is easy to shuffle them when adding a new mod. that list can save you many many reloads later.been there and done that enough myself.

brads3

NECORA,how bad is the charcoal at overpowering now ?? can that be fixed by worktime instead of by volumes? i have used my fuel limit to hold it back and have't tested a game far enough with it to know more.

Necora

Hey @brads3 .

Quote from: brads3 on May 13, 2017, 08:21:25 AM
gm, i see he is gaining.check the sherbrook in game KARLIEB. if it is only half loaded it should say version 0 and not work at all. i think the charcoal is going to be different fot several mods.i added the compatability 1.07 to help fix those issues.CC should change charcoal to industrial fuel. to me that is where it belongs
Quote from: brads3 on May 13, 2017, 08:34:01 AM
NECORA,how bad is the charcoal at overpowering now ?? can that be fixed by worktime instead of by volumes? i have used my fuel limit to hold it back and have't tested a game far enough with it to know more.

Yup I think it is one that will be bounced around a lot. The charcoal is very over powering with CC on top, I mean it produces about 50 x more charcoal per production cycle... from only 5 pieces of wood. Work time will not solve this, as it will also change the Pine Pitch production which itself would have to be changed.

I personally also think Charcoal should be an industrial fuel, but, the reason CC has it otherwise is because they have the furnace fuel for this purpose, so everything else is burnable in houses then you need to process a special fuel for industry. I do like this method, however found it to be a bit to 'advanced' for what I was going for with this set, so stuck with charcoal as my industrial fuel.

One thing I can do to change this is to release a CC:Maritimes compatibility patch, to add the furnace fuel chain to the Pine Set/merge the two together. This would be only for those who want to play both CC and Maritimes together, and will make sure nothing gets broken between the two. It will take me a while to develop it though so for now we just have to take it as it is...

Quotei ran lots of tests last night. i was messing with the forest and the NAT div. was trying to get the forests to be thicker with some older mods i still have saved. did not work.way those 2 mods work,you can't slide a mod between them or near them either that doesn't upset the balance.those 2 mods is married together. so any enhancement or other tree mods like beautiful world,etc are no longer useable. again,these aren't complaints. it is info in case someone else has a problem down the road.i tried to override and make a few mods work different than they are now designed. nothing worked but i did find a couple mods i hadn't moved yet.

I'm glad they work so well together :D but the way they do work, then other tree impacting mods will not work unfortunately. What are the benefits/reasons you have the other tree mods? I've never used them so I don't know what they do, but I can always make different versions of mods to make sure they accommodate the same changes if it is something you use a lot.

With all these changes and mods, I think we are going to start to see a lot more compatibility patches and different versions of things now.

QuoteNECORA, did you get the alternative download links loaded? i have not found them. it is alright though. i'll wait and load the sherbrook and the pine fix together.
   word of advice too. if you get your errors figured out and the game to function well. keep a list of the mod order. this saves problems later.there are some mods that are very picky about where they go.it is easy to shuffle them when adding a new mod. that list can save you many many reloads later.been there and done that enough myself.

Yup, all of the newly released stuff have alternative download links in the topics in this forum :) I am also putting a list of general info here too which will include specific load order issues, as they get reported back to me.

So for general mod info, check the download section. For specific issues/update logs/alternative links/string tables/resource charts then check the posts in this forum.

brads3

cool.  i was just messing around yesterday. doublechecked my older mod folders to see what may not have gotten moved into the windata for the 1.07. i ran into some old mods that i don't use but wanted to see if they would be helpful. my hope was to make spots or thick forests mixed with the meadows.my understanding of the old growth forest mod is the game lays down 3 layers to make the map. 1 is stone, 1 iron,and 1 the trees. somehow i guess the old forest is suppose to do another layer of larger older trees.it is a very old mod. https://banishedinfo.com/mods/view/286-Old-Growth-Forests
not sure if any of the info there would help. i asked BT if there is a way to force the game to lay 5 layers. 4 being his plants and 5 being another set of trees.that would solve wood issues and give thick forests without overtaking the map.

Karlieb

@brads3 @Necora  Ah ha! It is version 0. I will try deactivating it, then deleting it, then restarting the game without it, then downloading it and enabling it. I may have deleted the previous version without deactivating it first (does this cause issues?).

Hmm, I have 6 Maritime mods that are version 0. Yeah, I think I'll take care of this after I sleep; it's been a long night.

I was wondering why I was still seeing the new trees when I disabled the mod. :P

Do you guys mind if I go back and delete all my other posts so I'm not cluttering up the thread?

brads3

i wouldn't worry bout the posts. and no deleting without deactivating should not cause a problem.sadly that short download problem has been a happening a lot lately.

QueryEverything

Quote from: Karlieb on May 13, 2017, 09:50:05 AM
@brads3 @Necora  Ah ha! It is version 0. I will try deactivating it, then deleting it, then restarting the game without it, then downloading it and enabling it. I may have deleted the previous version without deactivating it first (does this cause issues?).

Hmm, I have 6 Maritime mods that are version 0. Yeah, I think I'll take care of this after I sleep; it's been a long night.

I was wondering why I was still seeing the new trees when I disabled the mod. :P

Do you guys mind if I go back and delete all my other posts so I'm not cluttering up the thread?

Up to you, personally I don't delete resolved issues so that others may come looking for something similar can see the work throughs that have happened, but your posts aren't mine, so what ever you want to do @Karlieb :)

@Necora hmmm interesting, I know you're the modder, so what you says, goes.  So, We don't need both pine, even those of us that want your trees as the start condition trees?  The change in start condition trees is definitely inside The Pine (Full) set?  I will do a test in the AM, but ...  that's interesting. 
I know you said so previously you don't need both, but I wasn't sure about the start conditions. 

Off to bed ...  damn it, 3am, and it's Mother's Day tomorrow and I need to be awake for Jnr.  Hahaha :D

[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Karlieb

Quote from: QueryEverything on May 13, 2017, 10:08:09 AM
Quote from: Karlieb on May 13, 2017, 09:50:05 AM

Up to you, personally I don't delete resolved issues so that others may come looking for something similar can see the work throughs that have happened, but your posts aren't mine, so what ever you want to do @Karlieb :)

I had only planned on deleting the 'betweens' but if it could somehow, possibly, help someone then I'll leave it; I just hate being 33% of the posts in a topic. :P

Now to see about fixing my installs.

Edit: And two DS mods are version 0 as well.

Edit2: Redownloaded 6 mods and all are same exact size and still version 0; I would expect at least one would change a little bit if it was bad downloads. Could my game install be borked?

Example:

QueryEverything

@Karlieb I have the same sizes (I hadn't loaded any new Dock Set yet which may explain the size with that mod, but otherwise we match.

Dumbarse questions which i'm sure you answered and I'm not reading things right  ... 
you are running Banished v1.07?
and you have storage for the new flags & items?

Do you have a screenshot of the Bannie?  Sometimes visuals aid an answer.
It's ridiculously odd that you need to load under CC.  *quizzical

--- As another thought ...  try loading the MM Compatibility mod, load it in the order in my screenshots above, (no need for MM to test this), and see if that irons out the kinks with CC, which may assist your other mods in turn.  http://blackliquidsoftware.com/index.php?/files/file/167-107-compatibility-for-megamod-007/
Igonore the older CC reference, any CC version is ok.

Necora

@Karlieb OK... it isn't your load order! I just did some coding changes to the Sherbrooke set and fired it up to make sure it works... and something is going horribly wrong with the iron. The blacksmith constantly takes it out of the stock pile, places it on the ground next to it, and puts it back in. So odd! It doesn't seem to be an issue with the blacksmith building, the storage flags are fine and the smith isn't trying to put the iron into the blacksmith, just pack/unpack from the storage yard.

How bizarre.

I have no idea why this would happen, I'll have to dig around.

But on the plus side I've added a new building to the Sherbrooke set for the next update...

Karlieb

@QueryEverything Yeah, it's 1.07. ;) I tried the compatibility patch and no difference, though.

Quote from: Necora on May 13, 2017, 08:40:57 PM

@Karlieb OK... it isn't your load order! I just did some coding changes to the Sherbrooke set and fired it up to make sure it works... and something is going horribly wrong with the iron. The blacksmith constantly takes it out of the stock pile, places it on the ground next to it, and puts it back in. So odd! It doesn't seem to be an issue with the blacksmith building, the storage flags are fine and the smith isn't trying to put the iron into the blacksmith, just pack/unpack from the storage yard.

How bizarre.

I have no idea why this would happen, I'll have to dig around.

Oh, thank God. I was so terrified that I was a complete moron and being a pest.

But I have some more information through... testing? If I use the "General Warehouse" from the CC mod, he'll take from that and make a set of tools once; then he just stands there in the blacksmith. If I toggle the "work" button he'll make one more set of tools and then just stand there. If I give him a new job somewhere else he won't move until I select the blacksmith for demolishing.

That's an attractive new building!