News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Are there any invisible non-ghosted 'decorations'?

Started by Karlieb, May 09, 2017, 12:45:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karlieb

I'm looked but couldn't find any. I like to use the decorations but some of them only come ghosted and things like trees or RKs grass grow on top of them. Invisible roads or solid 'somethings' I can set on a square to make it 'occupied' without it covering up the fence (or whatever)?

brads3

Karlieb

Quote from: brads3 on May 09, 2017, 12:55:17 PM
there are some road mods you could try and they should fix that. http://blackliquidsoftware.com/index.php?/files/file/25-grassy-roads/

I'll try those, thank you!

And I just realized I could also use the terraforming tools; they have those invisible 'buildings'.

Paeng

Quote from: Karlieb on May 09, 2017, 12:45:07 PMI like to use the decorations but some of them only come ghosted and things like trees or RKs grass grow on top of them. Invisible roads or solid 'somethings' I can set on a square to make it 'occupied'

Interesting question, I have that "problem" quite often, too...

Brad's hint is good, aside from the grassy roads there are also "ground squares" of almost any ground texture found in CC (decorations, square and triangular, ghosted and non-ghosted)...

I'd prefer a transparent one, too - but not sure if that is possible... plus it would be hard to find them again   :D
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

Karlieb

Quote from: Paeng on May 09, 2017, 01:05:29 PM
Quote from: Karlieb on May 09, 2017, 12:45:07 PMI like to use the decorations but some of them only come ghosted and things like trees or RKs grass grow on top of them. Invisible roads or solid 'somethings' I can set on a square to make it 'occupied'

Interesting question, I have that "problem" quite often, too...

Brad's hint is good, aside from the grassy roads there are also "ground squares" of almost any ground texture found in CC (decorations, square and triangular, ghosted and non-ghosted)...

I'd prefer a transparent one, too - but not sure if that is possible... plus it would be hard to find them again   :D

Edited my post above, but I just realized I could use those invisible terraforming 'buildings'. I could find them cos it's mostly for those pretty white fences in the Maritime set. :)

RedKetchup

a little note about my grass.

they are 1x1 tiles physically but the apparence is almost 3 x 3 :) this is really how i intended to make them work.
why ? because by being 3x3, they go "melt" themselves with the other grass next to it and with the 3 different color randomly, it makes them looking more real and less defined in a single stupid square :)
this is why they looks so good.

if you take the remove resource tool, you will see which tile are occupied by a grass tile (red square) and everything else , all the other tiles, are free (are free but they dont look free).
the tile at center is a grass tile, and all the other around are kinda "ghosted" :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Abandoned

Don't forget slink lawn and rough lawn, placed like a pasture to size you want.  Trees won't grow.  In the Fountain High Society mod there is a tool to use so the hedge is not walk thru.  I mentioned it with pic to Discrepancy on his DS wagon vendor thread, if something like that could be made.  What I tried with it didn't work on picket fence and I don't think it could be removed once place.

Paeng

Quote from: RedKetchup on May 09, 2017, 01:13:53 PMa little note about my grass.

Interesting - can you make a little standalone just with that 3x3? Just to experiment a bit with it...  ;)

I remember Necora saying that it won't work with overlapping real transparents, because they "jitter" (same effect I see with some CC quays)... so this could be a cool alternative.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Paeng on May 09, 2017, 01:39:50 PM
Quote from: RedKetchup on May 09, 2017, 01:13:53 PMa little note about my grass.

Interesting - can you make a little standalone just with that 3x3? Just to experiment a bit with it...  ;)

I remember Necora saying that it won't work with overlapping real transparents, because they "jitter" (same effect I see with some CC quays)... so this could be a cool alternative.

i ll offer them after as a ghosted decoration, thats inside the agenda
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Paeng

Necora

That is an interesting idea. If you have an invisible mesh, then you can click on it if it is big enough. Perhaps it could be done. I'll have a go now...

Non flattening?

Necora

Does this float your boat?

Warning - I have not extensively tested this because my mod kit is being a @#@%$%@#%@WT#$^. But it is nothing more than a simple empty square, so give it a go and see if it works.

Karlieb

Quote from: RedKetchup on May 09, 2017, 01:13:53 PM
a little note about my grass.

they are 1x1 tiles physically but the apparence is almost 3 x 3 :) this is really how i intended to make them work.
why ? because by being 3x3, they go "melt" themselves with the other grass next to it and with the 3 different color randomly, it makes them looking more real and less defined in a single stupid square :)
this is why they looks so good.

if you take the remove resource tool, you will see which tile are occupied by a grass tile (red square) and everything else , all the other tiles, are free (are free but they dont look free).
the tile at center is a grass tile, and all the other around are kinda "ghosted" :)

Oh yeah, this is why I've been making my roads 3 tiles wide and then put fences on the sides of those (about 5 tiles is the width needed for minimal covering of the roads). I love this grass (obviously).

Quote from: Abandoned on May 09, 2017, 01:26:26 PM
Don't forget slink lawn and rough lawn, placed like a pasture to size you want.  Trees won't grow.  In the Fountain High Society mod there is a tool to use so the hedge is not walk thru.  I mentioned it with pic to Discrepancy on his DS wagon vendor thread, if something like that could be made.  What I tried with it didn't work on picket fence and I don't think it could be removed once place.

I've tried this but 1) It added to my pasture locations and 2) Sometimes the color difference was too obvious. Great for front/rear yards, though!

Quote from: Necora on May 09, 2017, 03:00:38 PM
Does this float your boat?

Warning - I have not extensively tested this because my mod kit is being a @#@%$%@#%@WT#$^. But it is nothing more than a simple empty square, so give it a go and see if it works.

I will try this and let you know. Thanks!

brads3

the grass roads does have a invisible or clear road section. on the tool bar it is a lighter gray color directly next to the remove road that comes with the mod toolbar.the problem with the lawn versions is the edges look odd in winter.you do see outlines.the problem with the grass roads is it has to be placed at 1 space wide like a road. you have to place 1 stretch of road and then another instead of pulling a quare like a field. this way you don't get the strange outlines in winter though.
    REd i did notice the grass overgows roads,etc with it being wider than 1 space. i agree it makes it look more real that way.

Necora

So I added something to the download section... http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=294

It is a few empty pieces to play with. There is a 1x1 empty square that will prevent bannies from passing. There is a 1x1 empty square that will allow bannies to pass (and be built over a road). There is also an empty field, which is basically a crop field with transparent texture where no work is done.

Should cover most of you empty needs.